Rich Products Corporation Employee Reviews in Fort Erie, ON

Current management has no regard for associates
Plant Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON2 September 2018
Current leadership needs to go and they need to do it fast. This was a great place to work but has become a rat infested hole. Benefits are terrible unless your management. The slogan is treating you like only a family can. I would hate to be part of there family then because they treat you terrible.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management is terrible
productive workplace however weak advancement and lack of skill use
Production Worker (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON18 June 2018
Worked on the production line lifting over 50 pounds, it was a busy work environment.
I learned how to work with others, being punctual, staying on top of my tasks.
Hardest part was adjusting to shift work hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and performing multiple tasks.
An excellent introductory to the work force
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON7 April 2018
An excellent introductory to the work force. The hours are unpredictable and inconsistent though. Safety and training was instructed very well and the establishment is respectable. Your coworkers would be supportive and open to teaching you.
Pros
Training and opportunities
Cons
inconsistent hours
Good job experience
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON10 January 2018
I worked in fort erie for 5 years as a packer and in sanitation. The money is good If you have no education or desire to find a career. Super fun people great safety program.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
On call list for low seniority/ new employees
i would not recommend anyone working here
Food Processing Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON26 September 2017
they don't value there employees, this is evident in there employee hiring turn around rate. they double back you for shifts (only 8 hours in between your next shift)
good
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON29 April 2017
good, a normal work day included packing and sorting food product. with adherence to quality guidelines over a span of 3 shifts on call all the time. days afternoon and midnight
We would have company sponsered days at Darien Lake!
Janitor/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON14 January 2017
I enjoyed carton printing for Rich's. Products which initially made a milk substitute which, when frozen was shipped to McDonald's and international airlines all over the world. plus supermarkets everywhere.
When the company diversified to making bread, rolls, cinnamon buns and frozen pizza, newer and different sized cartons were needed. I enjoyed the people in the plant and we as we all depended upon each other. I enjoyed the time I spent there.
Pros
Christmas Parties
great place to work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON20 May 2015
People are focused on getting the job done well and every one tries to do their best to help the company achieve goals. Safety is number one priority.
Great experience
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON4 January 2015
Worked in various positions around the plant as it was necessary for my supervisors, worked in different shifts.
Challenging Environment
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 March 2014
The work environment was filled with colourful characters and presented a number of unique challenges.
unpredictable
sanitation, and packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 August 2012
i personally am on a calling list, they go by senority (unionized) so i never know till friday what shift i'm on or even working.
i've been there 2 1/2 yrs and devoted my time and faithfully been there on this calling list often showing up with 1/2 hour notice, double back with 7 hrs in between shifts,always answering my phone.There is no job security at this time with Rich's,unless you have high seniority,
i was on a paid vacation last week and told to return for sanitation duties on wednesday, when i return i discovered i was not schedualed and have one midnight shift this week and nothing for next week , with no advance warning nor confirmation from management.
The morals from many of my co-workers are very low, and many are seeking other employment opportunities,
I have learned and earned many skills from Rich's, and for that i am gratefull, but as a single person and their unpredictability they have left me with no means to continue to support myself there financialy, i have been at their every call, called in when they dont call me,they may give me one shift so therefore they are not obligated to give me an ROE leaving me in financial distress,
As for the job itself i love it. when i am working i have no complaints,
i still am employed there but actively looking for job security
Pros
good pay with benefits
Cons
no job security