RGIS Inventory Specialists Employee Reviews for Auditor

tend to over work their staff
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fraser Valley Regional District, BC9 June 2018
tend to over work staff and doesn't pay for gas/milage unless it's "out of town work, pay only just above minimum wage but yet expect 3 times the work out of staff than required for minimum wage
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2018
Good and calm environment .Professional attitude from the management. Friendly co-workers and appropriate payment . Over all I like working there , the job is easy and not so tiring .
my experience
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 April 2018
long hours, lots of travel to various stores to do their inventory with in BC .lots of management turn over at time i was with this company. wouldn't suggest this for a person with family or young children.
Pros
N/a
Cons
long hours poor head office had poor communication
decent job but can spend months without work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
As summary. Job Advancement is easy to do but the security tends towards busy and dead with no real notice between them. The people I was with where a joy to be around.
Pros
decent wage; speed and accuracy increases wage.
Cons
long and random hours
no to good
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2017
- not good
- not families
- no work as a team
- individual work
- there is no team work
- if you need something sometimes the supervisor as to us to discus with other partner
Productive and friendly environment
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON3 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for RGIS Inventory Services. I have met some very great and welcoming people! It is definitely a fast-paced environment but I got used to it very fast!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Early shifts
Easy place to work, good hours.
AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 April 2017
Simple job, not hard to do. Learned how to do things efficiently and how to be effective without instruction. The worst part of the job was the traveling.
good company
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
The RGIS is a well organised inventory company. In fast pace environment, we need accurate in our task, be confident in what you doing. And familiar with the computer system, and the merchandise layout and catalogues. Double check the non-list stock merchandises and stock list. To compare the inventory report to the store storage list. So we need very detail in the various products labels.
easy job to do.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2017
Easy job to do. But hours were hard to come by at times. A bit of favourtism in the company. Traveling time was mixed into hours if the shift was a short shift which sucked. Unless you drive yourself there is a risk of driving back in a carpool after a long shift with someone who may have trouble staying awake while driving. Some people very friendly others not so much.
Pros
easy job
Cons
screwed up hours. some management
A decent job to those who are looking for starter jobs
Auditor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
typical day at work: counting inventory
what I learned: be accurate on all counts
management: So far, most people are nice to work with
workplace culture: you get along with some people, and you don't with some, but the main focus is to get the job done
hardest part of the job: you travel out of your own pocket, shifts are either too early in the morning, or too late at night, some managers have a short temper, no fixed hours
enjoyable part of the job: lenient on taking day offs, or changing work schedules.
Pros
lenient on work schedules and day offs
Cons
travel, time shifts (either too early, or too late, no fixed hours
not an overall great company.
auditor (Former Employee) –  british columbia31 January 2017
I thought all the negative press were exagerrated, until I actually started with my first few shifts. I'll keep it short...this company in general does not really respect their employees, with the exception of a few the supervisor/managers the attitude feels cold. I have seen an almost fanatical non-devotion to labour laws,(breaks were highly discouraged and reluctantly granted) as well as a lack of regard to road safety, with the cell phone usage; trying to find the site on Google maps (could they have not searched it up before the trip?). It made for an unbearable ordeal out of what could have been an enjoyable little road trip to the job site.

Training was nonexistant, throw them right into the trenches was the training,creating a lot of mistakes and slow performance due to the learning curve (which really isn't steep at all). However, there seemed to be little encouragement to do any better other than veiled coercement. Hours were few and far between, or they flooded a few days with long shifts and travel, with travel being paid after first hr, and of course motel time was at a minimum because RGIS doesnt turn a profit by signing cheques.

It's not all bad however. My coworkers for the most part were great people, down to earth and as helpful as they could be. A few of the supervisors/managers are great people who actually show some sort of respect, however stressed they may be, and a lot of our clients are fun to meet and chat with. If you like to live out of a suitcase, and see the world through a van window, or a small chance to meet people from different areas
  more... of the province, this may work for you, but be warned.... you will probably not make rent/bills on this job alone. Not for faint of heart at all....  less
difficult work at times
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2016
i got the job with rgis through the newspsper... it was a easy job to learn and i learned fast... i enjoyed working with the people who trained me... the most enjoyable part of the job was the free coffee we were provided
Pros
made money for my family
Cons
long hours and lots if travelling
Gotta be good to stay
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 June 2016
RGIS is ideal for students looking to make a few extra dollars on the side. Not great for Adults looking for a full time job. Shifts are sporadic, and inconsistent. Shifts vary from 3 hours to 12 hours, and there is never a certain finish time.
Great Place to work
Auditor (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2016
Had to travel to many places to work in the area to do inventory for many retail outlets. I had to scan items into the computer to update the computer.
Pros
Scanning Itemes
Cons
Trveling long distances
Review of RGIS
Auditor of warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2015
The management is good, the job is stable, the pay is so so, the co-workers are friendly, the hardest part of job is you need to drive everywhere of the city.
Inventory
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 November 2015
We travelled to different stores and took their inventory either before they open or after they closed. Stores from little corner stores, to Shoppers Drug Mart and Walmart
Fun with learning
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2015
It is good place to work, it gives you efficiency and sense of working with a team.
It is about exploring more in terms of visiting new place everyday.
Productive great people to work with.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2015
A typical day at work would be getting the machines ready for the data it would receive for the day. I learned that it can be easy and hard to do inventory for different stores. the management were great to work for. Co-workers were very friendly. the hardest part was getting prices for different items that had no prices on them. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people every day.
Pros
The people were great to work for and work with.
Cons
Long hours.
good staff
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario14 October 2014
good staff flexible hours learn something new everyday, count stock all over ontario
Not great, would not advise working here.
Auditor. (Former Employee) –  Hamilton20 January 2014
Honestly, working here would be ill advised.

Let's start however, with a few pros that did exist. This was a job. It wasn't being unemployed so that's a start. Also a BIG BIG pro is that the other employees were very nice. I felt bad leaving so soon because they were so great and I know by doing that I short sticked them.

But the cons. The management is difficult. Trying to get anything done is like pulling teeth, because you get voicemails of your bosses, and they do everything unbelievably last minute.

The biggest problem is the hours. My god, I was usually portioned out two shifts, which ended up taking almost eight hours. RGIS seems to not be a company which respects the 8hour or 12 hour labour law. And travel in and of itself took close to 2-4. Making an almost 20 hour day. I wont hold travel time against them however.

The management of this company REALLY needs to get it's act in order.
Pros
Co-workers were excellent.
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, short/no breaks, lack of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RGIS Inventory Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

31.1K