Rexel Employee Reviews

Solid company with good people
Computer Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 February 2016
Depending on Job its solid work with above average pay for many positions. Benefits include medical plan and some cpp possible.
Pros
a solid company that will be around for a long time
Cons
Its a big company with big company mentality
Excellent Career Opportunity
Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS24 June 2015
A fun and energetic place to work, as long as you're with the right staff! Decent house, decent management, and decent compensation.
I enjoy working for Rexel,they are a good company,I have been with them for 8 years,hopefully I may continue in Canada when I move there.
INTERNAL SALES (Current Employee) –  Colchester, ENG4 January 2014
A typical day!? I work for an Electrical wholesaler in Colchester in England. WF ELECTRICAL which is part of the REXEL group.
I arrive at the branch at about 6.30 am. To try and catch up on previous days enquires.
I open the branch at 7.30am,the other internal sales team arrive at 8 am. I work on the trade counter serving customers who come into our branch, I supply them with the products that they require.
When I don't have any customers on the trade counter, I then go into the main sales office and assist with incoming telephone enquiries, quotations, locate and place orders when items need to be ordered for customers.
If a customer comes in with problem, I try and solve it, if I have to make contact with a manufacturer I do so.
I have worked in Electrical wholesaling for over 20 years, BUT I AM NOT an electrician, I have worked for WF for 8 years.
I am mainly based on the trade counter alone, I do enjoy the banter with the customers, as at times I may have 3 or 4 people waiting at a time, and I may not get any help from the office, which can get a bit annoying for me as well as the customer, as I don't want to keep anybody longer than needed as they are loosing money!.
We have just got a new Manager (since Oct 2013),which is difficult for him as we are on a new computer system, and there are only 4 internal sales members including myself, and 2 warehousemen in our branch, so when it is required I also cover the warehouse and do deliveries, as well as the trade counter when I get back!.
So I don't really have a " Standard day " as one day I may not get off the trade
  more... counter at all, and another day, if not many customers I could be doing quotations, delivering, working in the warehouse.
We have now lost our assistant manager for an operation, so that means I will now be working through my "dinner" break and locking up the branch at about 6 pm, and he could be off for 3 months!.
The hardest part of the job can be not enough time to spend with the customer and his needs, and staffing levels. (But that the climate!).

I do love the job, meeting new customers, solving problems, having a laugh, bit of banter, basically all the aspects of working in a environment with the public.
Pros
Serving customers, problem solving, enjoy working
Cons
No dinner break, locking up late, not always enough time for the customer.
travail dur a évaluer maintenant
Officier de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal3 January 2014
j'ai quitté depuis 16 ans.

nous avions la collection des cartes de crédits Visa à travers le Canada et les prêt personnel à travers le Québec.
Pros
très belle conditions de travail
Cons
dur le collecté des gens qui vive des choses négative toujours
travail qui ce déroule rapidement
Superviseur service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Valeyfield3 January 2014
heures de travail 7:00 à 16:00

1- plusieurs rapport a analyser.
2- vérifier la facturation de la journée.
3- s'assurer que les politique de la compagnie soit respecté en tout temps avec les méthode de travail des employés et clients.
4- effectuer la coordination des projets, exemple: faire les suivi avec les clients pour les délai de fabrication afin d'avoir les bon délai de livraison pour les échéanciers sur les chantiers de construction.
5- effectuer la formation au employé sur plan des procédure de la compagnie.
6- gérer l'inventaire à 50% car l'autre est gérer par notre centre des achats a notre bureau chef.
7- s'assurer que notre salle de montre soit toujours très apprécier.
8- s'assurer de la bonne relation des client avec nous.
9- vérifier le bâtiment pour les bris et exemple les contrat pour le déneigement, gazon, etc.....

donc s'assurer que les côté gestion du bureau soit fait avec harmonie avec le département des ventes.
Pros
le contact avec les gens interne et externe
Cons
l'exigence exagèrer des clients dans la construction tout est pour hier, manque fragrant de gestion sur les chantiers
Lacks job satisfaction
Credit Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2013
I was not motivated working here, pay was little and no other factors to motivate employees, always heard co workers complain about their jobs and management.
Pros
Easy to do the actual job
Cons
Too strict, aims towards an old style work environment
I enjoyed working at Rexel Canada
N. Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2013
My position provided great work/life balance. There were also very nice co-workers who I was very happy to work with on a daily basis
Good Intro to the Electrical Distribution industry
Commercial Project Coordinator (Senior Admin) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2013
This job gave me great insight to a new direction in my administrative skills and experience. I took with me a wealth of information to which I could easily put forth into a new position with a company with better management strategies. Great staff, very busy work load, but sometimes too big. I loved Project Coordination as it was ALONG the same lines as my previous position in Contracts Coordinator/Analyst..only that I was managing projects not contracts. Similar job in a totally different industry! I found myself very drawn to to Automation side of things, however the commute to this position was no longer viable as well as the outlook for quick advancement that I was promised did not appear to be on the horizon, hence moving on to a closer to home position. Department needed more POSITIVE management structure as well as much more staff and office decor/atmosphere was very very very depressing (1970's decor, paint, furniture...and NO windows!).
Pros
weekly business lunches, good early hours & ok salary with good benefits
Cons
too long of a commute, low staff morale, lack of management, no advancement