Rexel Management reviews

Hard working there
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
If the manager was in, we sat at our desks. We didn't talk. we put headphones in and were supposed to shut up and work. When teh manager wasn't around, it was a great place to be. The people I worked with were wonderful. I tried to contact HR numerous times, but the company doesn't care about the people, only the profit.
dont work for this company
Postion - Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 May 2018
don't work for this company , bad management and no room for advancement and below average pay and not very good benefits and certainly this company has no future since the merger
Stable Company
Accounts Payable Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2017
Management is good, with modest salary and benefits. It is composed of multiculture individuals but are all united towards the achievement of the company goals.
Productive workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2017
There is great management and friendly coworkers. It is a centralized company in all of Canada, so there is plenty of work to do for each province. Through out the day, you communicate with personnel from other provinces a lot.
What i learned.
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2017
I joined Rexel in the credit department, also part of the finance department, a field I wasn't experience or familiar with. One thing I did learn was that my co-workers were more than willing to help me succeed. I did struggle a lot in the beginning. After a couple of months I was succeeding and proving to my team that I was a key player in the success of our department as a whole. I was also part of monthly meeting with my manager to discuss the claims report. I overcame allot of obstacles but in the end I gained respect of my co-workers and management.
Pros
Gained allot of knowledge
Negative
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
Unfriendly and cheap place to work. Negative attitudes. Unclean environment with old equipment. Not willing to pay any real wages.....................
fun place to work
Electrical Distributor / Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 February 2017
just a great place to work, all staffs got along, the atmosphere is great. a busy place. meet a lot of new people. the managements are great to work for. lots to learn.
great place to work
Electrical Distributor / Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 September 2016
i love this place, great benefit, great co-workers, salary was good at the time. the business closed too. the management is also great. i would have stay there too.
Pros
great management, benefit was great too
Cons
business closed
Excellent Career Opportunity
Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS24 June 2015
A fun and energetic place to work, as long as you're with the right staff! Decent house, decent management, and decent compensation.
Lacks job satisfaction
Credit Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2013
I was not motivated working here, pay was little and no other factors to motivate employees, always heard co workers complain about their jobs and management.
Pros
Easy to do the actual job
Cons
Too strict, aims towards an old style work environment
Good Intro to the Electrical Distribution industry
Commercial Project Coordinator (Senior Admin) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2013
This job gave me great insight to a new direction in my administrative skills and experience. I took with me a wealth of information to which I could easily put forth into a new position with a company with better management strategies. Great staff, very busy work load, but sometimes too big. I loved Project Coordination as it was ALONG the same lines as my previous position in Contracts Coordinator/Analyst..only that I was managing projects not contracts. Similar job in a totally different industry! I found myself very drawn to to Automation side of things, however the commute to this position was no longer viable as well as the outlook for quick advancement that I was promised did not appear to be on the horizon, hence moving on to a closer to home position. Department needed more POSITIVE management structure as well as much more staff and office decor/atmosphere was very very very depressing (1970's decor, paint, furniture...and NO windows!).
Pros
weekly business lunches, good early hours & ok salary with good benefits
Cons
too long of a commute, low staff morale, lack of management, no advancement