Rexel

Rexel Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Ownership problems
On site staff are fantastic, despite the outrageous conditions ownership creates. Too much product for the location, the expectation is for warehouse workers to somehow generate more business.... despite the fact they are warehouse workers, not salespeople. Overloaded with inventory, the warehouse is barely navigable on forklift. Also, they disable safety mechanisms, and problems are far too often answered with "well, that's how it is"
Short term employment to work
Good company to work for short period for gaining experience,the growth in the company is very slow to negligible and hiring with reference show more prominent rather than merit on most cases in some departments. Overall not a company with good benefits and salary is average compared to other companies. The company has a bonus plan which is only one sided whereas in most cases not all employees get.all employees get it
Friendly office environment
My manager always gives me support and training. Coworkers in my department is very helpful, we support each other in problem solving and work load. We enjoy working together.
great bunch of coworkers
Very fast paced company to work with; always freight to ship and receive never a dull day. Team work is important everyone gets along well together. Supervisor and Boss are very understanding and good leaders. Hardest part of the day was feeling I could leave for lunch and have my job covered. Most enjoyable part of the day was taking the time to be polite and friendly to the deliver drivers while still doing our jobs.
Poor management
Probably one of the worst work environment I had in my 20 years of work experience. Micromanaged on every aspect, no freedom from upper management.
No appreciation for the work done by the branches.
stresfull and high turn over
management disrespectful, management ask for more with less offered
avoid this company, advantages are poor, work overtime a lot and for free

system are old and management do not care about employees.
Warehouse manager is clueless
The job itself wasn't bad.
It's just extremely unfortunate head office hasn't figured out why the turnover rate is so high yet.

Employee morale is pretty much non existent due to the absolutely attrocious "people skills" possessed by the warehouse manager.
great company / ex employee
very good company. very friendly atmosphere.i Spend my 11 years.

enjoy with Rexel. stable company .u can get good experience to work in different department.easily learn if you want to learn.
Cons
cons
Excellent company
I really great company to work for. Worked on several big projects with organized people in the company. I worked on upgrading Servers in Vmware, Active Directory and the migration of servers.
Lots of forklift work
Good place, no weekends. My pay got better over last year. Older forklifts but a new reach last year and new forklifts this year. If you do your job and go home you pretty much do what you want.
Pros
Pretty laid back
Cons
To many smokers.
Industry Leader
Great organization that focuses on positive culture and driving fo results
Management team and staff are passionate about being customer centricity and providing value to customers
Hard working there
If the manager was in, we sat at our desks. We didn't talk. we put headphones in and were supposed to shut up and work. When teh manager wasn't around, it was a great place to be. The people I worked with were wonderful. I tried to contact HR numerous times, but the company doesn't care about the people, only the profit.
Productive Place
The accounting staff is very productive and efficient. The team is supportive and constantly ready to grow and learn new things. The rest of the company is also very supportive and promotes a healthy work life balance.
Very great place to work
I had a great work experience with Rexel Learned a lot from working there and was a overall fun job always got to meet new people and liked the rush of it
dont work for this company
don't work for this company , bad management and no room for advancement and below average pay and not very good benefits and certainly this company has no future since the merger
Productive and fun
Good company to work for, great work experience and everyone working in the company works as a team with everyone working together all day long all the time.
Stable Company
Management is good, with modest salary and benefits. It is composed of multiculture individuals but are all united towards the achievement of the company goals.
always welcoming the new people
nice experience to work with this company. i want to continue with them but i relocate. it was far for me. staff are so caring and always ready for work.
overall a good place to work
I enjoyed my time at Rexel, I would have liked to have had more notice that I was being laid off. there were several people let go at the same time i was, each from different branches / department. the reason I was given was "financial constraints", and i feel the final decision of "who" from the staff would be let go came down to politics of which company you came from, before the two brands were merged.
Great Company to work
Rexel Canada is a great place to work as well as great people to work with. It is a good company to grow and has good benefits. Work life balance is good.
Productive workplace
There is great management and friendly coworkers. It is a centralized company in all of Canada, so there is plenty of work to do for each province. Through out the day, you communicate with personnel from other provinces a lot.