Rexel Employee Reviews

Lots of forklift work
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Rexel Kingston7 April 2019
Good place, no weekends. My pay got better over last year. Older forklifts but a new reach last year and new forklifts this year. If you do your job and go home you pretty much do what you want.
Pros
Pretty laid back
Cons
To many smokers.
Hard working there
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
If the manager was in, we sat at our desks. We didn't talk. we put headphones in and were supposed to shut up and work. When teh manager wasn't around, it was a great place to be. The people I worked with were wonderful. I tried to contact HR numerous times, but the company doesn't care about the people, only the profit.
Productive Place
Intermediate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 August 2018
The accounting staff is very productive and efficient. The team is supportive and constantly ready to grow and learn new things. The rest of the company is also very supportive and promotes a healthy work life balance.
Very great place to work
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS12 August 2018
I had a great work experience with Rexel Learned a lot from working there and was a overall fun job always got to meet new people and liked the rush of it
dont work for this company
Postion - Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 May 2018
don't work for this company , bad management and no room for advancement and below average pay and not very good benefits and certainly this company has no future since the merger
Productive and fun
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 January 2018
Good company to work for, great work experience and everyone working in the company works as a team with everyone working together all day long all the time.
Stable Company
Accounts Payable Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2017
Management is good, with modest salary and benefits. It is composed of multiculture individuals but are all united towards the achievement of the company goals.
always welcoming the new people
Office Assistant/Customs-Freight Audit & Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
nice experience to work with this company. i want to continue with them but i relocate. it was far for me. staff are so caring and always ready for work.
overall a good place to work
Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS18 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at Rexel, I would have liked to have had more notice that I was being laid off. there were several people let go at the same time i was, each from different branches / department. the reason I was given was "financial constraints", and i feel the final decision of "who" from the staff would be let go came down to politics of which company you came from, before the two brands were merged.
Great Company to work
Process Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Rexel Canada is a great place to work as well as great people to work with. It is a good company to grow and has good benefits. Work life balance is good.
Productive workplace
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2017
There is great management and friendly coworkers. It is a centralized company in all of Canada, so there is plenty of work to do for each province. Through out the day, you communicate with personnel from other provinces a lot.
What i learned.
Credit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2017
I joined Rexel in the credit department, also part of the finance department, a field I wasn't experience or familiar with. One thing I did learn was that my co-workers were more than willing to help me succeed. I did struggle a lot in the beginning. After a couple of months I was succeeding and proving to my team that I was a key player in the success of our department as a whole. I was also part of monthly meeting with my manager to discuss the claims report. I overcame allot of obstacles but in the end I gained respect of my co-workers and management.
Pros
Gained allot of knowledge
Negative
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
Unfriendly and cheap place to work. Negative attitudes. Unclean environment with old equipment. Not willing to pay any real wages.....................
Very organized department
Bilingual Payroll and Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2017
Our payroll is very complexed and very instructive. The knowledge is vast. This is a payroll professional job. Working for Rexel is a lot of pressure to meet our deadline.
Great work atmosphere
Communications & Data Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
Had a great 7 years. Nedco is the reason that I have developed so many of my skills. Have had great experiences and have enhanced my office and product knowledge for new life adventures.
Lack of organization but lots of potential
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 March 2017
Very new company , lots of issues early on with organization and many temporary employees coming and going in a short time .
no room for growth, decent atmosphere but very tedious.
Pros
Good atmosphere, easy to learn
Cons
lack of leader ship and organization all round.
fun place to work
Electrical Distributor / Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB26 February 2017
just a great place to work, all staffs got along, the atmosphere is great. a busy place. meet a lot of new people. the managements are great to work for. lots to learn.
warehouse environment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 January 2017
easy place to work, no weekends only days, overtime when needed. good pay but not great. work at own pace but fast paced. need to dress for outside environment. does not practice safe work habits at times
Pros
majority of day is driving fork truck
Cons
manaegment
great place to work
Electrical Distributor / Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 September 2016
i love this place, great benefit, great co-workers, salary was good at the time. the business closed too. the management is also great. i would have stay there too.
Pros
great management, benefit was great too
Cons
business closed
Good Company
Payroll Administrator/Payroll Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2016
Great Environment, Nice company. Great Location
Nice people. Great Compensation and benefits.
Close to shopping areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexel. Our community is ready to answer.