Rexall
Coronavirus update
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews

Canada772 reviews
I placed orders, received stock, in charge of inventory, displays, pricing, labelling and helped on cash when required. Was a great team to work with.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
gossip
Was hired. Enjoyed work then after a couple of months was told once you turn a certain age then you are not allowed to work at Rexall. Nothing was ever mentioned to me when hired.
Good place to work, enough hours, the culture is okay. They give you benefits. I enjoyed work there even part time. I just think they should give you more responsibilities
I had 2 good managers in my time at Rexall of the 6 that I went through... The other managers were very verbally abusive, rude, self centered, and obnoxious. I like working, and I like to push my limits to create new goals for myself and the team I supervise. However when there is a manager that constantly bullies you, belittles you, tells you things that you know for a fact are wrong. You lose morale and work ethic, I would not recommend this company to anyone, as a supervisor / keyholder you are expected to do SO much more work with insanely unrealistic expectations AND you still make as much as a cashier with the exception of having $1 added to the first 4 hours of your supervisor shift and even then, if your manager hates you they won't even give you the shifts as a supervisor and will instead force you to be the cashier or doing something else so you don't get that extra little bit. I've had 2 good managers, with realistic expectations and a very reinforcing work ethic who helped keep morale high through the day. The rest I've worked with / for have been rude, abusive verbally, and negative. Called HR 4 times during my time with this company and never once have they done anything to help me. They also refuse to pay overtime and expect you to do things that go past the hours of your shift, and if you don't get them done be prepared to stand in hot water with your manager for a long time. Would not recommend Rexall to anyone, co workers may be nice, and sometimes the customers. But I've had people urinate and defecate on the floors as well as being forced to approach clearly - more...
Work place gossip. No job security. Human Resources rep is rude and calls employees liars. Union rep is not on the side of the employee at all. Didn’t even get a uniform for the first four months I worked there. No proper job training and no notice shifts. Never got my benefits either. Often left to run whole floor and cash alone while management sat in their offices on their cell phones. No employee confidentiality and refusal to pay severance and final pay along with accrues vacation not paid out.
I learned what it was like to have HORRIBLE management, I learned what workplace harassment was because that’s what I dealt with from the assistant manager and the store manager. I learned what it’s like to work with money hungry people who only care about their self not their employees. 0/10 rating don’t ever work there you’ll regret it like the 7 people trying to quit right now.
the people I worked with there are very fun and out going. they cared for your well being and supported you with what you did within work and outside of work.
Not bad for a 2nd job
Love the discount privilege

Good for learning another skill

Pre-determined schedule for at least two weeks

Availability is flexible
Many big opportunity to grow with company. As for customers, they find prices a bit higher compared to other stores in the area. Must support local events in order for locals to support Rexall as well.
They don't pay well. Rexall Drug Store is the worse because they only pay me $11:45 per hour, that was even lower than Shoppers Drug Mart. I was so disappointed to these 2 companies because they were making millions of money and they were too cheap, they don't pay well to their employees. No benefits. Long hours. Rexall open 24 hours, and Shoppers open until midnight all year round; very tiring.
The work is fine but considering how much you make compared to the workload I think It needs to improve. You may as well not get a raise also, because they only give .30 or something after each year.
It was an ordinary place to work. Its what you think it is. I made my best friend there so I cant say I hated that place, i've made some good memories.
Revolving door of staff, complete lack of regard for employee safety (leaving 1 female to close the store as cashier, key holder, and sales associate on a holiday), lack of training, no respect of availability, played favorites when it came to scheduling. I could go on. Hopefully my store was just poorly managed and not every location is this bad.
Fast paced environment where you use multiple skills. ie, customer service and operations. The salary is very decent and the work/home balance is respected.
don't even bother. built rexall stores for 26 years, retired worked part time at a store, was great went to a full time position, a few months later new manager comes in brings his own people in and well you get pushed out, Union does not help at all.
Employees are treated with respect and the company has a great understanding of work/life balance. You feel secure in your job, and there is opportunity to advance within the company. I loved working here, and the relationships you build with customers and co-workers make the work meaningful. The company rewards you for your efforts and makes your opinion feel heard. Management is understanding and professional, the higher ups go out of their ways to form relationships with employees at individual locations and actively listens and addresses concerns.
Pros
customer relationships
Cons
kind of boring
I loved my manager, but sometimes that's not enough to keep you at a job. Sometimes I would work a 3 hour shift and, without exaggerating, I would have 3 customers. It's a great job for a student who wants the money from a job without missing out on homework, because I was never as caught up on homework as I was while working at Rexall.
Great people to work with. Salary is okay but benefits changed to not so good one. Management is great. lots of room to learn and has a good workplace culture.
Good communication.
Good team to work with.

Good benefits.

Local to home.

Good employee discount.

Nice uniforms.

Good social life.

Flexible work schedule.
I usually am just on Cash when i work so its not very stress full.
The management was amazing and very flexible with my other jobs.

I learned how to help different types of people find there items they needed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the smiles I received for helping people find items.
How it works is there will often be 2-3 people on the floor, but 1 is always on cash; as in the main cashier, while other people do jobs; but occasionally the main cash also has another job (for when the amount of customers dies down).