Rexall

• Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Not a bad place to work

Over all it’s not a bad place to work. It’s fast paced and there’s a lot of pressure to get things done. Most people leave because of their managers. It’s a lot of office work for retail. Salary isn’t great considering the work

Pros

Discount and good benefits

Cons

Micromanaged

Fairly laid back for part timers. Good job for a student or first job

Part time hours only for most people, but if that's what you're looking for they are fairly accommodating with scheduling. Fairly relaxed atmosphere, decent employee discounts as well

Pros

Discount, relaxed atmosphere, flexible

Cons

No full time hours for most employees, may be bounced around departments, no benefits for part time

Productive and fun to work

Rexall is a very nice place to work.Management is good .When I got hired as part time I thought I would be given fair part time hours but I am not given enough hours.I believe part time staff are suppose to get 20 to 25 hours per week but in my case one week 12hrs, 14 hours very seldom I get 28 hours Sometimes the whole week I don't get any hours at all.Sometimes I'm on call when someone is on sick call.i wanted to get permanent part time hours if possible. i understand there is no benefit as part time but at least even just for prescription fee be waived.I thank my Manager for her positive attitude.

Pros

Good store discount

Cons

Not enough hours as part time

Horrible place to work

Underpaid and under valued.. no competitive wage and can’t make enough to pay your rent. Management and corporate don’t care about your well being or safety just their bank book.. don’t work here don’t recommended it at all.. not sure how they got voted best place to work .. maybe in Ontario where they are union and forced to pay properly.. it’s a joke

Pros

No pros

Cons

They don’t pay enough nor care

Don't work here

Terrible environment.District leader did not know what he was doing. Had no Front store background.Loss prevention leader thought he was scary, but really was just overweight and tall. Had very poor suggestions on how to deal with certain situations.Work load was way to heavy for the amount of hours allotted.Paid salary yet expected to work OT to make up for lack of staffing.Enjoyed my staff, it was head office that was the issue.

Pros

Good staff connection.

Cons

Upper Management, Toxic environment and I could go on and on.

Recall brockville

I have worker here for 2 years and love it! It’s busy and can be stressful, but it’s a great team of people. Cheap benefits and great pay! With yearly raise

Pros

Great discount, cheap benefits

Cons

Union, understaffed

Worst work place, don’t work here

I was hiring for sale clerk, sometime pharmacy busy, then bring me here to work, paid same rate of sale clerk. In middle of covid, taking 2 days for sick leave due to flu, have doctor note, but due to i’m in probation, they just simply call me and said i was not pass probation, not fit with the job, Store location in Sarnia keep hiring due to turn over too high, only offer partime position to save the cost but always ask for full availability day and night shift. I just wonder how people can survive with 23h /week at minimum wage rate? So we definitely need a second partime job, but you can not, because they want full availability, 24/7.

Treated terribly.

I remember being so excited when I got hired here, I wish i knew what I was getting myself into, Managers are expected to work 50+ hours a week (unpaid overtime), and are made to feel terrible if they ever leave on time. They pile on so many tasks while cutting hours , then complain when the store isnt perfect and sales aren’t skyrocketed. District managment is pushy, rude and makes you feel less than. They say you get a “bonus” but that easily gets taken away if your shrink isnt where they want it,or sales arent perfect. We worked so hard in the pandemic. Open to closes, so much of our free timetaken away then we get slammed with being “not bonusable” If you want to work like a dog and get paid unfairly- this is the job for you.

Cons

long hours, no district support, unfair wages

Good group, but no opportunity for FT

Pharmacy staff is great, but company does NOT want F/T pharmacy assistants. Upper mgmt would rather have 5 P/T workers sharing (minimal) hours than 2-3 F/T reliable workers. Pay is decent but you aren’t scheduled enough hours to live on. You need to work a second job to make ends meet. Upper mgmt says they are interested in hearing what we have to say (as long as it is positive). When bringing concerns to their attention, they just shrug it off.

Pros

Good group of co-workers; great team

Cons

Not given enough hours to support yourself; no benefits

Lots to learn about certain things that i like too try.

Poor management, pay was 14.00 an hour was not a great wage when I did work there. Lack of management too deal with issues.Pharmacy staff very friendly. Hour of work there was lots of hours too work. Rexall took over a smaller Pharmacy that I was working at and moved us out to there new place and staff were not really excited about this as we had too move the stuff there by our own vehicle and no moving van's to do the work. Time line too be up an ready for customer service was not ready. Rexall benefits are there but you had too use them as your Pharmacy for medicine refills. Which you felt judged by your co-workers. As you did not want your information about your self and family too fill your prescription. Owner of Rexall was not present for any questions or concerns regarding this new transition period.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Poor management and poor wages.

If you love getting screwed over, this is the place for you!

Good luck getting hours, promotions, and getting a full time position is just laughable. They like to pretend they care about the employees but it's just lip service so the employees don't join a union. In summary, if you want a dead end job with pitiful hours and pay; definitely apply here.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

everything else

Constant Staff Turnover

Minimum wage, only management qualify for benefits.Gossip rampant - very undermining and destructive Long hours, no overtime paidNo Christmas bonus (Oct, Nov & Dec Extremely busy!)Most employees very friendly but didn’t stay longShift schedules unpredictable, sometimes a days notice

Pros

Store discount

Cons

Very stressful

Not a good place to work.

Toxic environment created by managers who are not pharmacists.Metrics is all that counts. Unnecessary pressure put on pharmacistto do Medchecks. No time alloted to enter data all this data intothe computer. Always had to stay extra , working unpaid hours todo this

Pros

Wage, benefits

Cons

Everything other than good wage and benefits. Knew many pharmacists ending on STD due to stress.

alberta

If you enjoy working with the public job is great.If you are looking for a position that offers advancement, above average salary, benefits , management that cares do not bother applying! Minimum wage hire staff from outside without promoting from within minimum hours each shift .

Stressful, arrogant co-workers, minimal training

Was excited about the job for about 2 days. That's all it took to realize the company's expectations were unreachable. I've never been so poorly trained for a job that requires so much knowledge regarding medication and other pharmaceutical products. Maximum stress, minimum wage. Obnoxious and arrogant co-workers. Don't waste your time on this company.

Pros

Cons

Too much expected, poor training

Pharmacy? Go anywhere but Rexall.

Rexall has an awful reputation for greedy management, employee exploitation and understaffing among pharmacists and pharmacy students. You don't have to work at Rexall for a long time to see that this bad reputation is well earned. Store level issues will vary based on location. No matter what store you work at, company and upper management issues plague the whole company and there is no escape from that. District managers are incompetent and serve only as glorified cheerleaders to try and increase store sales. Upper management is incapable of taking responsibility for anything and the head office provides no support for store level employees. Changes in management structure and campaigns within the company only serve to line the pockets of executives at the expense of both employees and customers. Pharmacy department is severely lacking in software and hardware and way behind Shoppers. However they will hire just about anyone so if you are desperate for a job it's a good way to pay the bills while working towards something better.

Pros

Good insurance/benefits, pay above average

Cons

Long hours, bad management, lacking technology

Great Co-workers, great pay, fun yet productive work environment

Rexall is a great place to work and have a sense of purpose within the community. Pay is fair, benefits are great. Cant speak for all, but my manager is very supportive and gives me a lot of freedom to manage the way I feel I need to in order to be successful. Very little to complain about working here

Absolutely horrible company

You will not be valued. You will be treated horribly. You will not go home happy 95% of days you work. I absolutely love the current manager and feel so bad for her cause of the fact that the higher up management (head office/district managers...) do not care. They refuse to listen or allow they thing we need changed to be changed and just tell us to “figure it out”. Constantly understaffed and the majority of the staff we have causes more problem than they help with and there is nothing we can do despite the constant absences and lack of any sort of common sense our hands are tied. Rexall doesn’t care about its employees whatsoever and will 100% treat you as poorly as you can take before quitting. The salary is trash. (Keyholder s make about a 2 dollars more than just regular cashier and that is only for 4 hours of the work day even if you work 10 hours a day just to be sure headoffice doesn’t come in and stomp on you for not having everything done the way they want). The new program that has been introduced as ALL they care about and want a 100% participation even tho customers don’t care whatsoever about it and it falls on our shoulders as to “why is this going so badly” despite there being nothing we can do about it. If you’re lucky enough to get a decent coworker or 2 you’re in a lucky spot but that’s about as pleasant as it gets and they still might move them around to other stores so it really doesn’t matter. Recall cares about 1) their customer 2) their products/property and 3) their employees and there is a reason they put the employees at the bottom of that list.

Pros

Sometimes there are nice coworkers

Cons

Literally everything else

Terrible Company

This company used to have integrity and almost a family like presence from the top, down. It felt secure, fun, great staff and great management. After they were bought out a couple times it just became a desperate, money scrounging company. If you are looking for a place to work and move up, DO NOT, come here. When you get to the point where you make more than they would like to pay you (speaking to manager positions), they will literally find ways to fire you, if you don't quit first. No matter your history of work and loyalty. Just terrible. I guess if you are a kid in school, just looking for pocket money, its fine. Just don't invest your life here.

Pros

Discounts, bonuses

Cons

Salaried employees will work overtime w/o compensation.

Learning Experience

I enjoyed working here. With the duties that you need to do during your shift, the wage is not enough. I would of stayed if the wage was higher. I liked my manager.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Wage to low

Non-Understanding of Mental Health Awareness

Working with rexall for the time that I did was fine. When I was relocated I ended up at a location where the manager was too hard on all her staff. When my mother passed away in 2018, my manager asked me why I was bothered by it so much when me and my mom weren't even close. I dont understand why management has such a hard time understadning grief and loss concerns

Pros

work

Cons

management, long hours, no pay raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement