Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews for Retail Assistant Manager

I enjoyed working here. With the duties that you need to do during your shift, the wage is not enough. I would of stayed if the wage was higher. I liked my manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Wage to low
You will not be valued. You will be treated horribly. You will not go home happy 95% of days you work. I absolutely love the current manager and feel so bad for her cause of the fact that the higher up management (head office/district managers...) do not care. They refuse to listen or allow they thing we need changed to be changed and just tell us to “figure it out”. Constantly understaffed and the majority of the staff we have causes more problem than they help with and there is nothing we can do despite the constant absences and lack of any sort of common sense our hands are tied. Rexall doesn’t care about its employees whatsoever and will 100% treat you as poorly as you can take before quitting. The salary is trash. (Keyholder s make about a 2 dollars more than just regular cashier and that is only for 4 hours of the work day even if you work 10 hours a day just to be sure headoffice doesn’t come in and stomp on you for not having everything done the way they want). The new program that has been introduced as ALL they care about and want a 100% participation even tho customers don’t care whatsoever about it and it falls on our shoulders as to “why is this going so badly” despite there being nothing we can do about it. If you’re lucky enough to get a decent coworker or 2 you’re in a lucky spot but that’s about as pleasant as it gets and they still might move them around to other stores so it really doesn’t matter. Recall cares about 1) their customer 2) their products/property and 3) their employees and there is a reason they put the employees at the bottom of that list.
Pros
Sometimes there are nice coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else
Fantastic place all around, and tons of things to learn! Our location was hit hard during the pandemic being part of a government workers building, so only full-time got guaranteed hours. At no fault to the store or management, of course, I was the last hired part-time so I knew that it was going to be rough keeping as many people working as possible through this trying time.
Pros
amazing people to work with and for!
Cons
Pandemic
The lack of management in this workplace didn't hit until they were in charge of my actual life during this pandemic. If your life is worth minimum wage, minus union fees, this is the place for you. Management sits in the office and collects bonuses while you get to pump out sales targets during a pandemic, but careful, because if you complain they'll give you a lifeworks card and tell you to call the hotline because you're depressed. they're definitely not just the worst run company in the world. Simply google Rexall and look at the lawsuits they have for pumping OPIOIDS into communities. DO NOT work for this mafia-esque company. You are worth any risk and any dollar to them.
Its is. competitive, easy on the eyes. super smart, informative, drains, pipes, hoping for a new one, all the best, keep ur eyes peeled, no more police state, Rexall start and stop
Working at Rexall was about what anyone would expect from a cashier's position at their local drug store. You stock shelves, roll out aisle changes, update sale tags, and keep customers happy. The quality of management changed over time - it just so happened that we had a really amazing set of managers when I started, but then the assistant manager had to leave, and the store manager was put under stress by head office limiting the number of hours they could offer to employees. It really hit morale hard when hours were gone during the holidays, and the new assistant manager didn't help everyone stay in high spirits. That aside, I had a decent time there - there was nothing amazing, and nothing terrible about the job. I'd work for them again if the situation called for it.
Management was TERRIBLE. Turned us against Assistant Manager because she could. Bullied vendors to the point they wouldn't come some weeks. Bullied staff except her favorite one. No Area manager would help because they all liked her.
employee benefit , pension plan, maternity leave, period of rest, travel time, vacation, sick leave, fatigue mats, travel time, planogram, health and safety.
Pros
christmas lunch
Cons
free consultation from the pharmacy
I had 2 good managers in my time at Rexall of the 6 that I went through... The other managers were very verbally abusive, rude, self centered, and obnoxious. I like working, and I like to push my limits to create new goals for myself and the team I supervise. However when there is a manager that constantly bullies you, belittles you, tells you things that you know for a fact are wrong. You lose morale and work ethic, I would not recommend this company to anyone, as a supervisor / keyholder you are expected to do SO much more work with insanely unrealistic expectations AND you still make as much as a cashier with the exception of having $1 added to the first 4 hours of your supervisor shift and even then, if your manager hates you they won't even give you the shifts as a supervisor and will instead force you to be the cashier or doing something else so you don't get that extra little bit. I've had 2 good managers, with realistic expectations and a very reinforcing work ethic who helped keep morale high through the day. The rest I've worked with / for have been rude, abusive verbally, and negative. Called HR 4 times during my time with this company and never once have they done anything to help me. They also refuse to pay overtime and expect you to do things that go past the hours of your shift, and if you don't get them done be prepared to stand in hot water with your manager for a long time. Would not recommend Rexall to anyone, co workers may be nice, and sometimes the customers. But I've had people urinate and defecate on the floors as well as being forced to approach clearly - more...
Revolving door of staff, complete lack of regard for employee safety (leaving 1 female to close the store as cashier, key holder, and sales associate on a holiday), lack of training, no respect of availability, played favorites when it came to scheduling. I could go on. Hopefully my store was just poorly managed and not every location is this bad.
Employees are treated with respect and the company has a great understanding of work/life balance. You feel secure in your job, and there is opportunity to advance within the company. I loved working here, and the relationships you build with customers and co-workers make the work meaningful. The company rewards you for your efforts and makes your opinion feel heard. Management is understanding and professional, the higher ups go out of their ways to form relationships with employees at individual locations and actively listens and addresses concerns.
Pros
customer relationships
Cons
kind of boring
I usually enjoy coming to work, things are generally well set up and tasks are simple for everyone. I've learned lots of management jobs as I've gone through my days with ease. However, management loves to yell, belittle and gossip to everyone about everyone behind backs. You never learn how to do something the proper way the first time around, you simply get yelled at for not knowing it at all. Coworkers are afraid to stand up and make complaints as repercussions could mean your life would go to the toilet. The general job is fun and when management isn't present its a great place to be. The discount saves a ridiculous amount of money as well.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Bad management
Rexall provided a welcoming and friendly environment to work in. The company is constantly working on improving efficiency, organization, and overall creating a positive space to work in.
Cons
Short shifts
Good work environment, not to busy. Staff is easy to get along with. Days are usually not to long. Mostly part-time shifts not to many full time hours.
My overall experience at Rexall was decent. I wish there would have been better leadership from the managers. I would have enjoyed my time there more had i been properly trained and respected as an employee.
Was bored most days not much to do for any challenges,management wasn't around when i needed . but i got to meet new faces every day and learn about the new products that came in also learned about stock and inventory
Pros
Cons
slow pace
Rexall isn't a terrible place to work, it just needs some improvements... The company revolves around customer service. They care so much about good customer service, that they don't have enough employees on the floor to GIVE good customer service. Every-time I go in there, there is always a survey, donation, or a giveaway of some sort-to help promote the company and gain more positive customer service. Here's the reality... Not everyone is going to do the survey. A lot of people now-a-days either don't have the time, or simply just forget. The amount of elderly customers that shop there, they don't have a cell phone or computer at home to do any of these things. People come to shop, buy their items, and leave. Please stop bombarding customers with surveys and what not.
was fun and the staff were great i was there closing and opening keyholder but needed for staff to work and the bosses could have worked more and stayed for a full shift but they would live me alone for 3-4 hrs alone till i got a cashier
Pros
dont know what to say
Cons
we more staff
I am currently working at rexall but I am only part time, management is great but there is never enough hours for a part time in a week pay is not great. but management works really hard and it goes without notice from corporate.
lots to do with too short of shifts. if your looking for part part time its your job,about 15 hours per week.theres not alot of room for advancement. however if your willing to come in everytime they call you can get 25 hrs a week
Pros
instore discount
Cons
short shifts not really even part time
A typical workday includes putting away stock , providing exceptional customer service, doing returns/ exchanges, cash audits on cashiers, and handling deposits at the end of shift. Once in a while, we are required to change Plano-grams around the store. I learned how to be responsible and a team leader. Being a keyholder, you are an example and teacher to cashiers and there is a high level a responsibility that comes with that position. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers but I always try my best to ensure they walk about feeling better than they did walking in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive atmosphere with all the employees. A great team that provides the best customer service and experience possible.
  1. Retail Assistant Manager