Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Technician

The management made it quite hard to be innovative or forward thinking... eg recycling. While they were flexible with shifts and the hiring process went smoothly, the work culture was strange
It may only apply to certain locations, as we were regulars overwhelmed with senior ONLY prescriptions and were often a week behind in filling prescriptions.
Upper management has no idea how things are being ran. Staff is over worked for very little pay. Constantly cutting hours. Even with an increase in clientele Not a team environment. No recognition.
Was working there for 22 years. business sold over to a private independent pharmacy and there was no hours for me. Was great working there. Great staff and great manager.
I was the senior Pharmacy Technician in this Company. I trained other staff member how to use the system and where the different types of drugs are placed. Computerized patient information. Pharmacy Technician was not recommend to have a license until it was implemented mandatory. When it came to pass I was drop from my position to Pharmacy Assistant. I did not like my Title because I have my diploma in such field and years of experienced. My day at work was always hectic lots of workload. I like to have work to do and not to idle, I work with less supervision. Management excellent. The hardest part of my job is to deal with irritable customers. Their ways to deal with people in such situation is to make them feel good by talking to them softly and always smile. I never found my job harassing I love my job whether its hectic or not its a learning experience and with other team members from different background. I really enjoy my job. Gain a lot of incites especially learning about various medications.
Decent hours with a good amount of breaks throughout the day. Very busy atmosphere, always something to do or something new to learn. Managed very professionally with patient care always being put first
My boss and coworkers were amazing to work with. While working, everyone worked in a unit making sure that the work got completed in a timely manner. Not understaffed. Work included creating blister packs, counting prescriptions, prescription input, putting away stock, and cashier work.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Stressful job, but it is stressful in every pharmacy
The usual for pharmacy assistants: Call patients, doctors, for appts. and referrals, using EMR, ordering medications, front retail store stock. Preparing medication refills.
Great software easy to operate. Terrible manager. She would change the part time staffs schedule so many times that part time staff would often miss their shifts and/or come in at the wrong time. Since the restructuring and massive layoffs the staff that remained are very afraid of losing their jobs. Instead of assisting their part time new team members so the team can work well together they are mean and bully the new staff. The system for blister packs makes no sense and is a huge waste of time! The new manager showed a huge amount of favoritism towards senior staff at the expense of new staff. This was also the worst costumer service I have ever seen. The pharmacy manager laughed and belittled customers. She made a man feel so uncomfortable in front of me once that he told me he will be filing a complaint immediately. The senior pharmacy tech was also reude and condescending to customers. She had several complaints filed against her and the manager said that she sees her as professional and protected her while throwing a newer team member under the bus which made her loose her job. The pay for such a busy environment is terrible. Paying someone minimum wage at such a serious job is ridiculous. I'm sure not all Rexalls are like this one but judging by the kind of managers this company employs and puts in charge of a pharmacy I do not believe this chain will survive much longer. Another pro was the front store manager. Amazing person who went out of his way to help out all the new team members even though he knew nothing about pharmacy. Work in this place at your own risk - more...
Pros
Challanging position, front store manager, geeat computer software
Cons
Pharmacy manager, poor work hours, terrible scheduling, bullying and intimidation from senoor stafg, horrendous customer serviced
this company does not treat employees well, they do not pay well and they push you so hard so, you will not be able to sleep at night due to stress. they do not care about employee quality of life.
Management looks down on women, feels work is incomplete due to staff not working hard enough. Claims no one wants to work in town and no one is educated! Customers complain all the time. RX scripts not entered for up to 2 weeks, pills not ready when customers come in. It’s always the staffs fault, management is bullying. They only care about the bottom line.
Pros
Dental plan for part time
Cons
Very disorganized, too much stress
I am currently working at rexall but I am only part time, management is great but there is never enough hours for a part time in a week pay is not great. but management works really hard and it goes without notice from corporate.
Never really have enough man power for the amount of work. People were nice. was able to meet new people easily but no downtime at work. Focused more on financial figures than people. it is a business after all
meet different people with different background and chat with time about their experience makes my day at the pharmacy. Seeing seniors comes and goes ins and outs from pharmacy with their health issues really makes me appreciate my life and youth.
Pros
Free coffees and snacks sometimes
Cons
short hours
Good place o work, great employees and managers. Ideally for individuals who can work well in high paced situations. Achieving full time hours is an issue
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Very busy place to work. No time to breath. The customers are wonderful the owner do not care about the staff. Will transfer to another part of the province with little notification.
I worked in the arnprior location and it was a joke. The staff stole , the management belittled the staff and there was absolutely no attention to customer service. I am sure the overall company is good but not this location.
Pros
mostly nice relief pharmasists
Cons
horrible management and pretty much everything else too.
Enjoy working at this fast-paced environment with providing high-quality patient care at all times Learned how to process prescriptions on Nexxsys, fill medications and blister packs
There are always exceptions, but for the most part I like the people. Good co-workers, good management at store level (currently) and mostly pleasant clientele.
Much like any place you work at, you tend to meet people you like and those you dislike. I liked my co-workers and management (for the most part) and mostly enjoyed my time there.
Not so bad to work for this company. I wished they have better coverage for employees especially to part timers who's been working for them for a year
  1. Pharmacy Technician