Rexall
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews for Pharmacy Assistant

Pharmacy Assistant97 reviews
Canada97 reviews
I really enjoyed my time there. It can get really busy with excessive amounts of prescriptions coming in. Everyone helps each other and all staff and customers are friendly. I personally enjoyed cashing out prescriptions to customers. The only thing is you have to stand for a long period of time with no place to sit. All in all a good learning experience.
This was one of the best places I've worked at. It's a busy pharmacy but the staff is amazing. The pharmacists are also very helpful and are always willing to teach.
I love working at Rexall . Everybody is so helpful and kind . I learn new things everyday . Pharmacy staff works collaboratively for dispensing medications accurately and work hard for wellbeing of the patients .

Thanks Rexall !!
fast pacing environment, time flies quickly, need a very concentrated and knowledgable person to work. I'd like the manager as she was motivated and tracking everything in the pharmacy.
Pros
Good Salaries and collaborative environment
Cons
Short break time!!
I did my volunteer in rexall. I learned Kroll , packing, dispensing, labeling, dealing with customers, arranging medications. workplace was really very good and staff was cooperative.
Rexall Drugstore as a pharmacy corporation has a relatively busier, fast-paced work environment than its drugstore counterparts as the company strives to generate higher sales and income. Even though I was hired despite not having working pharmacy assistant experience, Rexall very much favours and prefer those who do. This was the case with my Rexall pharmacy manager on Eight Street regardless of the fact I was told I would receive on-the-job training. I truly believe I was unfairly terminated from my part-time position. I was also a pre-pharmacy student with a competitive grade-point average. During the firing with the presence of the store-manager, the pharmacy manager declared I shouldn't apply to a Pharm.D. program because I'm simply not capable of doing it. I left the workplace feeling defeated and shattered. I was absolutely appalled by her response when two weeks prior to receiving the warning, she told me not to worry as it takes six months working full-time for a pharmacy assistant to know how to work software, insurance coverage, creating blister packages, locate/organize medications off the shelves, compound creams and gels, and return drop off prescription to stock among other job duties. At the very most, I was working a five hour shift once a week! I walked out the doors of the pharmacy store on good employee terms anyways– the pharmacy manager alluded to wishing me the best, however it was crystal clear she didn't have faith in my means to pursue pharmacy.
good place to work, medical building is beside us so, sometime it gets busy and sometime not busy, but overall nice people around in community and all doctors in building are very helpful
Job was fast-paced and stressful at times, but the knowledge gained was a benefit. I felt the dynamic of the staff flowed well together and everyone had a designated role.
I was at the Rexall Pharmacy for my Pharmacy Assistant Practicum. I learned alot, and had the chance to experience all duties for a pharmacy assistant. It would be busy sometimes, but it is doable
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
not a lot of colleagues to help when it gets busy
I enjoy working with my coworkers, if not for them I would have looked for other work months ago. I was told I would not be hired full-time unless I were a Registered Pharmacy Technician. The hours are not the greatest.
friendly work environment, fast-paced, people work in a team, management is alright, the hardest part of my job was doing the daily tasks during hours cut down. enjoyed answering questions and helping my patients.
The work is fine but considering how much you make compared to the workload I think It needs to improve. You may as well not get a raise also, because they only give .30 or something after each year.
Great people to work with. Salary is okay but benefits changed to not so good one. Management is great. lots of room to learn and has a good workplace culture.
I was a pharmacy assistant at Rexall. I was hired with no schooling as well as all the other assistants, so I was very thankful for that. I was hoping to get my training and stay with the company but I couldn’t last that long. Some of the pharmacists were rude and made me feel stupid. The pay was god awful. I was getting paid $12.75 and even after 3 years I would only get $16. I made more being a cashier. The front store management was very rude made it hard to deal with. Also for Christmas you get a $12 meal, that’s it. Would not recommend working here Atleast in Manitoba. There was a poster of the pay raises you can get every 6 months and they were horrible, didn’t even bother staying here.
Pros
Free Training. Flexible hours/days off
Cons
Bad pay. Horrible Benefits. Rude management.
great co workers and customers, lunches with reps, good company to work for until you get brutal management in and thinks you talk to much when you are with patients on the phone, they have trusted you because you have worked with them for a long time
Pros
interacting with my customers
Cons
bad management
Great environment for working and good staff good atmosphere good management and good salary availability for training and transfers different positions.
Do not work here. Terrible management. So many people quit and they dont hire new ones therefore more workload for current employees. Then they expect you to stay longer than 8 hours to finish the work and you dont even get any extra pay for it. Very unorganized and poor communication by management. Super high stress environment.
The worst pharmacy to work for. No support from management. You won't get anywhere. Head office kept making stupid rules not practical for all stores.
highly technical job with minimum low wage. unfair
Pros
unfair payment
Cons
low payment
Do not take the Pharmacy Assistant position. The pharmacy manager is not a good manager. The other pharmacists don't listen to him. They argue with each other and treat the staff horrendously. They keep people who can't do the job and all the good people leave. I'll be leaving as soon as I can find something else. The stress level is beyond ridiculous. There is no positive feedback, only negative. There is no team environment. It is not a good place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Too many to list
Boy did I wish I had a review here to warn me what I was getting into so here is one for everyone out there.

The work day typically starts off slow and picks up later on in the afternoon when the deliveries start going out. Most employees that have been there longer work one station and one only, the same one everyday where as new employees must do multiple stations and cover for others or help another station when they fall behind even when you have your hands full.

The workplace is extremely busy and often hard to keep up with, as the number of staff doesn't exactly meet the needs of the pharmacy and they are understaffed everyday. This tends to cause the staff to work quite a bit of overtime, often every day. The hardest part of the job is meeting their unrealistic expectations.

-Incompetent management

-Regular pay for overtime

-Head office takes 7 months to process direct deposit

-One Toilet/Washroom for 30 employees

-Unrealistic expectations

-No time management

If you think otherwise by all means, feel free to apply and see for yourself.