Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews for Pharmacist

Great drug store with friendly staff and relaxed environment. Good to build relationship with patients thru patient care and taking extra mile to meet patients needs. Good hours with competing wage. Staff is fun to work with and I’m fortune to have such lovely team who helped me a lot during COVID 19 pandemic. To sum up it, I highly recommend working for Rexall drug store good company . withgreat benefits
Toxic environment created by managers who are not pharmacists.Metrics is all that counts. Unnecessary pressure put on pharmacistto do Medchecks. No time alloted to enter data all this data intothe computer. Always had to stay extra , working unpaid hours todo this
Pros
Wage, benefits
Cons
Everything other than good wage and benefits. Knew many pharmacists ending on STD due to stress.
There is no limit to pressure pharmacists are subject to when it comes to $, even during a crisis! Recent example: Ontario Ministry of Health clearly stated that publicly funded professional services are to be offered only in exceptional circumstances over the phone. Guess what, a district manager took the liberty to set a target of at least 5 Medschecks a day adding that now it can be easily done over the phone with any patient and we should actually be aiming at way more than 5 a day. This is a clear abuse of public trust that is placed on pharmacists and based on my experience Rexall is definitely not a place to work for pharmacists who care about moral integrity.
its ok if you don't have job looking to work and gain some experience plus first entry job lookers its better. there are so many places , relief shift are there
Dictatorial management, unethical, decide and rule policy, dollar oriented giving least priority to ethical practice. Management at all levels incompetent.
good environment to work at. Not interested to give any review at this moment. Lot of job politics, However, staff is very friendly Thank you kindly.
Answering clinical questions, checking prescriptions. The hardest part of the job is to finish all the work before the delivery deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job is how well the staff work together.
I’m currently volunteering and still in the process of learning of being a pharmacist. It is a good place to start your career, they are professional.
Stressful situations with less help and hourly, daily, weekly targets. Keeps pulse palpitations every second to make dollars. Counting customer services as per number of pfs Bill's is misleading the requirements, concepts and funds. Not sure where it will end.
This was my first job and I'm glad it was. I learned a lot working here and I had wonderful coworkers that I worked with. I kept learning new things everyday.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
A Pharmacy with good working environment but short staffed most of the time. Work pressure is high some times. Salary slightly better than other places.
Staff is helpful and also provide genuine guidance. Periodic training to continue working effectively and efficiently Adjustable working hours to manage work and personal life
checking prescriptions for accuracy, counseling on prescription medications, OTC counseling, health management consulting, participating in Meds Checks, collaboration with pharmacy assistant to accurately dispense prescription medications, extending Chronic Medication Prescriptions for patients that do not have refills and qualify under OCP for extension under the pharmacist
Toxic work environment. So many cuts over the last few years all of the cashiers and assistants are at the end of their ropes, creating a miserable environment. Every single employee is stretched thinner than you'd think possible. As a pharmacist, you are treated as just an employee, no respect for the pharmacist as a health care professional. I knew all the pharmacists in my region and half a dozen in other regions, and they almost all had similar opinions and experiences to me. I'm very skeptical of the overly-positive reviews. Hopefully new higher ups have their heads on straight and completely overhaul the culture (mid-level management, DMs, etc., HUGE part of the problem)
Pros
Wage, pension
Cons
culture, stress, staffing, benefits, quotas
minimum wage job that requires skills that a minimum wage job shouldn't. Must be able to multitask and work fast. Sometimes understaffed and overworked.
This is a great place to work all employers are very good and hardworking. I am enjoying working with such a great team. Manager is very helpful and professional.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
heavy workload.
Good place to work if you have the support and staff to work with which in the last 3 years has not been the case, cutting labour affected employee and customer satisfaction..
Difficult place to work in as a pharmacist.Good pay but very demanding. Left every day exhausted. No breaks. Insufficient staffing. Zero training. No support from management or head office. Would not return.They do pay for education and your license. Experience may depend on location as managers are reasonably independent.
Good benefits Perfect employee discount Long hours No technician or minimal hours Pharmacist working by himself most of the shifts Expecting a lot Need to provide more hours for technicians and it will be the perfect job
provide good services to customer. people use to come there to get rx filled as they like rexall drug store. its a very nice exp to work in rexall.. i learnt more about med riviews and billing stuff for ontario and mre important thing was staff.. excellent staff they have
We lack help, no staff in pharmacy, always alone. No support from head office.Too much stress that can cause errors. Long working hours with no staffing to do our jobs.