Rexall
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Rexall Employee Reviews for Cashier

Caring and hard working honest people and management good for work life balance and lots of different Job titles thing's too learn and well organized you must balance your Till under a Curtin amount after every shift if over more than 5 times you could be Let Go
Pros
Reasonable work life balance
Cons
No Job security for accidental mistakes
I worked there for a bit. Management was unfair in giving me equal opportunity to learn more tasks so I could one day advance in the company even though I was eager to learn. Management also would put me in at 10-11 hrs per week even though I had requested more and there were many times that could’ve happened but I’d continue to get ignored. Staff I found was cliquey and fake So by the end of my employment, I wanted to leave.. I was not valued as a staff member or coworker and my willingness to do good or try anymore was gone.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fake co-workers, no opportunity for advancement even after showing interest in learning, sucky hours, shady people.
My first few months working at Rexall, I loved it. I loved it until things started going downhill. Felt like everything was all over the place. The store was a mess all the time and Nothing got done correctly. Working at Rexall cause me a lot of stress than it needed to be if you're looking for a job that you don't care than Rexall may be your perfect job
Pros
Discount
Management kept changing. Store policy gets change to many bosses not enough workers . Routines no thinking out of the box . Rudeness from management
Pros
Discount
Cons
exhausting, overworked. no recognition. but employees were always helpful kind and had each other's backs. lots to learn, and lots to do. I learned a lot but
It was a calm and relax place to work. Need to have tough skin to work here. People you work with will slowly become you family, you will gain great customer service skills working here.
At time the work can be slow but there is always things to do, like stock shelves or clean up your till.. A great group of people and management. Over all a great job and workplace.
Enjoyed the environment and my coworkers and would recommend people to work here. Very happy with the experience i received through my training and work period
The store itself is very beautiful due to the history of the Brunswick house. Staff is fun and chill and easy to work with. Customers are reoccurring locals which you create a bond with.
it was a competitive workplace and was busy workplace. i learned a lot about working at a canadian workplace. it was fast- paced workplace, i learned time- management, workplace culture.
Cons
away from home
Compared to my previous job, working at Rexall has much better environment for someone like me who does not prefer timed or "fast service" since it's stressful. But at Rexall, my mental health is a lot better and I can work at ease while still performing to their standards, and to my own capabilities as well.
Good place to work, enough hours, the culture is okay. They give you benefits. I enjoyed work there even part time. I just think they should give you more responsibilities
the people I worked with there are very fun and out going. they cared for your well being and supported you with what you did within work and outside of work.
I loved my manager, but sometimes that's not enough to keep you at a job. Sometimes I would work a 3 hour shift and, without exaggerating, I would have 3 customers. It's a great job for a student who wants the money from a job without missing out on homework, because I was never as caught up on homework as I was while working at Rexall.
The store is very friendly and helpful to customers as well as co workers.The day consists of helping customers and taking care of products on the shelves.
I love working at this store. All of my co-workers have became friends. The shifts are very flexible and your always meeting new people. Its awesome !!
Pros
The discount is amazing its the best perk of working there.
Cons
Can be boring when is a slow day.
Rexall would balance my school and work life evenly. There was always something to do, didn't get bored. The people are very nice and great to work with.
Rexall was a very fun place to work at everyone was nice and generous as well as helpful it was easy to stay on task and i was always productive.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Rexall Pharma Plus and subsidiaries are in transition as they were bought out by their supplier over a year ago. Major Changes at the upper level have made Rexall an interesting place to work. Be prepared for hard work with flexible hours.
Pros
unionized
Cons
unionized
Fair and simple work, usually kept happily busy. Not too busy or overwhelming. Good work environment and conflict resolution rules set in place to maintain it.
typically at Rexall I would organize makeup, help people with makeup and beauty products, I would also occasionally work cash. I learned how to talk to people and approach them in a professional manner. Overall I enjoyed my time working at Rexall and would recommend the job to someone who s looking.