Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews for Assistant Store Manager

Store: over worked on most occasions. the part timers are the biggest problem. literally sick calls every single day. the ASM or SM would have to sacrifice their time to cover. this after already overworking most times. all for the same salary btw. this is the experience for myself unfortunately. had to get outta there quickly. I hope they've changed their ways. Overall...Decent work place. fast paced. good charity (rexall foundation) unfortunately the part timers spoil it for this company at the locations where i worked with poor work ethic and sick calls. Upper mgmt doesn't care much about that either. you are expected to cover. would always be better to start from jump and be able to choose your own team that you personally can vouch for. Pharmacy: great pharmacy team. great punctual team members with great work ethic.
Pros
not the worst company. decent charity
Cons
long hrs. mediocre pay. poor mgmt
Being an asm and taking care of everything still cosmetician gets paid more than you for just chatting to the staff all day and leaving on time or early to home. You are stuck there with everything don’t know when you will leave for home
As part of the management team you run the store, take care of stock, and keep the staff motivated/working. On top of dealing with customers. It's a pretty fast paced job where you are on your feet consistently and moving a lot of stock.
For the most part i Enjoy my position at Rexall , I am called upon on a daily basis to. provide Mega customer service and I care values and maintain sales goals. However i am an Assistant manager in a smaller store with limited staff .I see levels of favoritism ,and lack of accountability in my store and at this time I . I feel that my experience and I Lead management skills are not being utilized to their fullest potential .I have worked temporarily in some of our others stores and see a better work culture ,and chain of command .
Fast paced environment where you use multiple skills. ie, customer service and operations. The salary is very decent and the work/home balance is respected.
Work expected far exceeds allowed time available. Individual store managers are either poor or excellent dependent on the store. Backstabbing experience required if you want to work there. District mgrs do not make time to listen to your ideas. Unpaid use of own vehicle required. Many unpaid hours expected.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Most of it
It wasn't a bad work environment until random layoffs. Job security was high on their priority list but not for very long. Union protects workers but not management, and without notice or reason was terminated.
Busy retail environment with a diverse group of customers. There is a lot of support from all levels in this company. Everyone is willing to help you advance within if you are looking to do so.
Pros
Excellent perks
Cons
they say they will train you they do not then just complain when you don't know how to do anything. don't even go to a interview to Rexall really shady company they treat there employ's as disposable
Pros
for you to work extra
Cons
dont pay you for ot
Corporate management was very cookie-cutter oriented and did not make allowances for individual locations to cater to their customers or circumstances. A good career for staff being unionized. For store management too many hours per week required to complete tasks required .
Rexall is a big and well known company. It has a pharmacy and a customer friendly environment. A very competitive and a fast pace retail company. Good benefits too.
Rexall is a place of many opportunities, but only if you are associate with the right type of people. there are people who get opportunity by their manager to move up, and there are others (many) who are destroyed by their managers.
Was hired as ASM and was given 2 days training on the till - that was about it! Anything else I learned was from various staff who were not always sure of procedures - the manager couldn't be bothered!! Was let go after several weeks and the busy season was over...coincidence? Nope - don't think so. Was not given any reason and told by the manager that they did not have to give me any reason as I was still in the probation period - the manager repeated it would be a waste of time to discuss it... The worst part is that the company seemed like a good, solid place to work - too bad they don't look into management who clearly need a reality check...the days of bullying staff and following the antiquated "do as I say and not as I do" are no longer acceptable. Be careful accepting a position at Rexall...
Cons
Poor Management
working with dozens of vendors and third party reps on a daily basis opportunity to expand product knowledge and marketing and merchandising skills
Pros
adequate benefits and salary compensation
Cons
poor inter-company communication and organization
constantly cutting hours, barebone staff, union environment tough as you have to have sometimes the wrong people working because of wrong union. great products
If there wasn't enough staff to come in then you have to stay and work a full 18 hours the store is open with the compensation that you get an 'extra' day off. Upper management was unwilling to listen to concerns. The pharmacy closed hours before store closing so the store would turn into a convenience store with drunk people buying products to fulfill their munchies craving.
Cons
18 hour shifts, low pay.
A day to day work in the store, dealing with daily freight ordered previous day, management is fair, co workers are easy to deal with, hardest part is to travel from my place to the store location, what enjoy me most is the employees discount card
Easy pace not too demanding Tough customers alot of shoplifting.
Assistant Store Manager Store key holder Opened Starplus operating system and ran daily programs Prepared daily cash orders and sales reports Maintained a staff of 10 crew members Ordered and maintained products according to sales trends Handled vendor inquirers and purchase orders
  1. Assistant Store Manager