Rexall
Coronavirus update
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON76 reviews
I really enjoyed my time there. It can get really busy with excessive amounts of prescriptions coming in. Everyone helps each other and all staff and customers are friendly. I personally enjoyed cashing out prescriptions to customers. The only thing is you have to stand for a long period of time with no place to sit. All in all a good learning experience.
managed a team of 10 people. deligating duties to technicians and making sure that corporate targets are met each month. it was overall a satisfactory job
Answering clinical questions, checking prescriptions. The hardest part of the job is to finish all the work before the delivery deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job is how well the staff work together.
Do yourself a favor and don't work for this company the pay is awful, no benefits, most locations cutting hours to part-timers, don't want want hire more full timers. Turn over is really bad 2 years I was there I said goodbye so many workers, including managers, yeah that's how bad it can get I at lease went through 4 managers. Work is boring and they don't want train new people, just sit at cash
Enjoyed the environment and my coworkers and would recommend people to work here. Very happy with the experience i received through my training and work period
The store itself is very beautiful due to the history of the Brunswick house. Staff is fun and chill and easy to work with. Customers are reoccurring locals which you create a bond with.
I like working with them but the wages were very low not enough to support a family. Respectful co-workers and managers and store owners i.e. the Pharmacist.
Pros
Rexall gives 15% discount to employees purchases, Shoppers gives 30% discount to employees purchases.
Cons
They were a outstanding company to work for you had the direction to run your region within micro managing you.
They value your opinion and want to hear what was happening in the field and what as a company we they could do to be better people were a value to the corruption
Good place to work, enough hours, the culture is okay. They give you benefits. I enjoyed work there even part time. I just think they should give you more responsibilities
They don't pay well. Rexall Drug Store is the worse because they only pay me $11:45 per hour, that was even lower than Shoppers Drug Mart. I was so disappointed to these 2 companies because they were making millions of money and they were too cheap, they don't pay well to their employees. No benefits. Long hours. Rexall open 24 hours, and Shoppers open until midnight all year round; very tiring.
How it works is there will often be 2-3 people on the floor, but 1 is always on cash; as in the main cashier, while other people do jobs; but occasionally the main cash also has another job (for when the amount of customers dies down).
Super busy workplace, management needs to be supportive in giving more tech hours to make pharmacy more productive.
Lot of potential for growth, good continuous development program available
Was working there for 22 years. business sold over to a private independent pharmacy and there was no hours for me. Was great working there. Great staff and great manager.
I was the senior Pharmacy Technician in this Company. I trained other staff member how to use the system and where the different types of drugs are placed. Computerized patient information. Pharmacy Technician was not recommend to have a license until it was implemented mandatory. When it came to pass I was drop from my position to Pharmacy Assistant. I did not like my Title because I have my diploma in such field and years of experienced. My day at work was always hectic lots of workload. I like to have work to do and not to idle, I work with less supervision. Management excellent. The hardest part of my job is to deal with irritable customers. Their ways to deal with people in such situation is to make them feel good by talking to them softly and always smile. I never found my job harassing I love my job whether its hectic or not its a learning experience and with other team members from different background. I really enjoy my job. Gain a lot of incites especially learning about various medications.
Its really quiet especially when it is busy. Easy work load. Most of the staff were older people, friendly too. Only downside was that when i was hired, the manager never told me i was only temporary for the holidays.With that being said, if you're going to apply at Rexall (or any job for that matter) make sure to know which category you fall in lol. Good luck!
busy place but all the staff are friendly and nice.
they teach me a lot of things during my internship,daily work in the pharmacy.

They treat me like im belong in the team.
Working with Pharmacists is very educational experience. The delivery model combined with great products also contributes as a learning model. Big business, bureaucratic, at the end of the day you are a unit of employ.
Pros
Purchases at cost +10%
- the work itself is pretty straight forward
- stocking shelves according to bar-code, organizing overstock items, cashing out items and returns

-not really fast-paced unless you are working at the front cash on certain hours
Pros
you get a discount card for almost everything in-store after probation
Peaceful environment and friendly coworkers. they give salary on time every weeks. Excellent management, a good environment for connecting with people.
- Positive Environment
- Always welcoming

- Very productive

- Very organized

- Friendly staffs

- Provides lots of benefits for customers

- Good customer service
Working there wasn't that bad. Decent shifts, always had consistent hours. You get a really good discount once you're off probation. The only down side to working there is the fact that you constantly have to look out for thieves. I spent half my shift walking the aisles to make sure no one was stealing anything. Also the location I worked at had bad management. Other than those 2 things, I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Fun co-workers, great discount
Cons
Constant thieves, poor management