Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews in Sherwood Park, AB

having to write a review kinda sucks but i guess this is free so its not really that bad. still not going to write a real review though. minimum wage job, probably better than Walmart and stuff like that
Being an asm and taking care of everything still cosmetician gets paid more than you for just chatting to the staff all day and leaving on time or early to home. You are stuck there with everything don’t know when you will leave for home
Was bored most days not much to do for any challenges,management wasn't around when i needed . but i got to meet new faces every day and learn about the new products that came in also learned about stock and inventory
Pros
Cons
slow pace
for me at work i like to be busy where at recall they never gave me anything to do and told me to stay up on cash for may shifts where i found got boring because i don't like to find myself getting bored at work, i like to keep busy
Pros
co workers were nice
Cons
nothing to do
I loved working the Cosmetics department, everyone I worked with everyday were very nice and worked as a team. Very Positive work environment. The hours were not consistent for no reason at all (one week we would all be asked to work overtime and the next we would get sent home after a few hours) with retail it would make sense for the hours to be odd during busy times like Christmas or slow summers but it happened all the time. I also feel that there wasn't sufficient training for the managers; when certain issues arose we would not receive an answer for quite some time.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
inconsistent hours
As a cashier, I would help customers find product that they wanted, and suggest other items they might be interested in, as well as facing the store product mopping, or setting up new displays to better upkeep the appearance of the store. Management was great, if there was ever a hiccup in the system, or a customer dilemma that needed a mangers touch, they would be there at the drop of a hat, or more accurately, a quick paging from the front till. The co-workers were great, typically all in the same mindset where we wanted to do the best job we could and still enjoy the shift. The job was thoroughly enjoyable, though sometimes a customer would come in just to stir up a commotion ( it seemed) so that's where extra patience would come in handy.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Sometimes very slow business-wise
With customer levels varying from minimal to high, this is a challenging environment to work in at first, but becomes easier once you're used to it. My co-workers are interesting and fun people (mostly), and management varies in likeability. Overall a nice place to work, I just wish there was better pay and more hours.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor income
Management is eager to help and answer questions while a slow paced retail environment gives plenty of time for learning and growth. The hardest part is dealing with unhappy costumers but with great customer service situations can be diffused easily.
From my experience at Rexall Drugstore I learned how to do cash duties as well as selling lottery and working in the post office. Throughout the day i would place cosmetic orders, stock shelves, check expiration dates, make returns, and recommend products specifically for a customers needs. The management was very friendly but quite disorganized. My co workers were all very helpful. The most difficult part of my job was that unfortunately there was no way for me advance although I was trained in all sections. I loved my job because of the opportunity to help customers with skin care products.
Pros
friendly, health concience, birthday cake
Cons
no advancement, low wages, not enough hours, poor managament
I didn't get trained very well. There were two managers, one was a really good leader and told me everything I needed to do. The other one was unorganized, talked behind the employees back and wasn't a good leader. My co-workers were really great, we all got along and worked good together. It wasn't busy a lot, I put away stock and cleaned most of the time. It was hard when customers got so mad they started yelling at me and I tried to take control of the situation. I always kept calm and tried to negotiate to ensure the customer was happy.
Pros
co-workers were great
Cons
no hours, not busy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
I learned how to use a till, work with customers, how a store is laid out, how to make plans for shelves, and how to put stock out.
Pros
fun employees to work with
Cons
bad pay