Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Enjoyed working there . Staff are friendly and competent. At first they did not give the stores enough help/labour hours but they changed that a couple years ago and that helped a lot. They also implemented useful strategies to improve workflow and improve patient experience.
Fantastic place all around, and tons of things to learn! Our location was hit hard during the pandemic being part of a government workers building, so only full-time got guaranteed hours. At no fault to the store or management, of course, I was the last hired part-time so I knew that it was going to be rough keeping as many people working as possible through this trying time.
Pros
amazing people to work with and for!
Cons
Pandemic
Over all it was a good experience but i didn't have enough hours and had to work at 3 different stores. i would recommend to everyone to give it a try. if only i had a 40 hour work week it would of been better for me.
The lack of management in this workplace didn't hit until they were in charge of my actual life during this pandemic. If your life is worth minimum wage, minus union fees, this is the place for you. Management sits in the office and collects bonuses while you get to pump out sales targets during a pandemic, but careful, because if you complain they'll give you a lifeworks card and tell you to call the hotline because you're depressed. they're definitely not just the worst run company in the world. Simply google Rexall and look at the lawsuits they have for pumping OPIOIDS into communities. DO NOT work for this mafia-esque company. You are worth any risk and any dollar to them.
As part of the management team you run the store, take care of stock, and keep the staff motivated/working. On top of dealing with customers. It's a pretty fast paced job where you are on your feet consistently and moving a lot of stock.
Its is. competitive, easy on the eyes. super smart, informative, drains, pipes, hoping for a new one, all the best, keep ur eyes peeled, no more police state, Rexall start and stop
don't even bother. built rexall stores for 26 years, retired worked part time at a store, was great went to a full time position, a few months later new manager comes in brings his own people in and well you get pushed out, Union does not help at all.
Working at Rexall is fine. My location had a great, organized manager which made working there a breeze. A very clean workplace and my coworkers were cool, making days enjoyable. Thursday "tag nights" are by far the most fun part of the job, but maybe I just enjoy putting tags on things. As a student, they paid me better than a government job did.
minimum wage job that requires skills that a minimum wage job shouldn't. Must be able to multitask and work fast. Sometimes understaffed and overworked.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
I would always have tasks to do in order to keep store up to standards. The store culture was fun and casual in relation to both coworkers and customers. Management was always understanding and accommodated for student work hours.
I never had the same schedule , sometimes I’d open sometimes i’d Close. I learned how to use my social skills with customer service. Hardest part of the job was trying to finish high school well working full time. Best part of the job was helping customers and social skills with my team.
Pros
Social skills
Cons
The management
when you sign a full time manager/assistant manager or pharmacist position you are not unionized. you are often obligated to work full day shifts, from 8am to 10pm, on top of that, the head office people can fire you at any given time for no reason at all. be careful.
Good for experience Union fees suck because you are a part time employee and it barely applies to you and why does this review have to be one hundred and fifty characters
A busy atmosphere most days. Management treated employees fairly. Cashiers always had extra help available, even management would assist. A very good learning experience for those new to the retail sector.
Pros
Learning Environment
Cons
At times could be stressful
if you don't mind working 40+ hours a week and you are a hard worker and can do everything yourself because you wont have staff or hours to help you.. then Rexall is for you.
Pros
Cons
everything
La empresa estaba cambiando su estructura laboral con muchos éxitos con sus cambios.
As long as you know your job description and do the best you can do, anyone can survive in this company. The manager that I previously worked for was fantastic and a pleasure to work for.
I got to the store, sat at my table and sold garage sale items. That is all I did for 3 days. It was simple easy and didn't interact with the store at all.
Scheduling, hiring, training, inventories, cashier, receiver, in charge of payroll, merchandising, ordering, complete all bank deposits, quality control
Pros
good quality of life
Cons
a company thta is not organised, doesnt have a set value and does not have a proper plan for the future. not a good salary and no hours to use in the store
Working here was good. Lots of fun co-workers but also a lot of hard workers. Good management too. I learned a lot as to how retail works and took that with me to future positions.