Rexall
Coronavirus update
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews in London, ON

London, ON28 reviews
I placed orders, received stock, in charge of inventory, displays, pricing, labelling and helped on cash when required. Was a great team to work with.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
gossip
It was a calm and relax place to work. Need to have tough skin to work here. People you work with will slowly become you family, you will gain great customer service skills working here.
Rexall is a positive and happy environment to work in. You’re constantly kept busy which always helps to make your shift go by faster. The employees make it much easier to enjoy being at work as they’re always willing to give a helping hand when needed.
I enjoyed working with some of the employees. The management was terrible, very high turnover rate. Lots getting fired for some strange reason. Lots of gossip going on, people dating other employees, alcohol in the lunch room, not very professional environment, lots of young people working there, no training, lots of mistakes being made.
friendly work environment, fast-paced, people work in a team, management is alright, the hardest part of my job was doing the daily tasks during hours cut down. enjoyed answering questions and helping my patients.
Great environment for working and good staff good atmosphere good management and good salary availability for training and transfers different positions.
Good Management team always support you. If you prefer to work as a team player and keep your self busy and in learning mode, this place it for you. Long hours but few off days will able you to balance work-family life
Fair and simple work, usually kept happily busy. Not too busy or overwhelming. Good work environment and conflict resolution rules set in place to maintain it.
A typical day for me would be to see which day of the week it was. On particular days, I would be in charge of ordering the milk. Another day I would order the Ice cream, etc. I received all incoming orders and made sure everything was correct, then took the product off of the skids and put it out onto the floor, and overstock into the stock room. I was also in charge of scanning product, checking for inventory, pricing, checking expiration dates. I made labels, faced product, helped the Coke/Pepsi reps, looked after changing the ends for merchandising each and every week for flyer deals. I did a lot of lifting downstairs in the stockroom, in charge of keeping it in order. I was also in charge of placing the order for our frozen section which was ordered through Sobeys. I was also called onto cash if and when the full time cashier needed help. I also helped out the one other stock person with her job as well. I also was in charge of doing planograms.
Pros
I loved the team of people that I worked with, we had the best one!
Cons
The heavy lifting and slugging was very very hard for me.
As the post office clerk in a Rexall you are often very busy and over worked for minimum wage. You answer to both the store manager and Canada Post Retail Manager. The job has rewarding elements such as; providing customers with the best services for their needs, providing safe and secure means to send mail and transfer money, and building relationships with the regular local small business owners, but store management is not trained in the post office and cannot come to employees aid in any significant manner. Luckily, strong camaraderie developed between coworkers and was able to get all tasks complete in a fun manner. The responsibilities are moderately high for little benefits.
Pros
some dental, unionised-some job security, develop strong social skills, and
Cons
little to no help from management, little to no job advancements, continually cutting hours
It wasn't a bad work environment until random layoffs. Job security was high on their priority list but not for very long. Union protects workers but not management, and without notice or reason was terminated.
workplace culture has ways to go. With new CEO we have seen alot of change both in company culture and the new look of the company. I believe that Rexall could increase its rating on work/life balance with time but after foundational reset it is getting better. I would like to see more advancement from within the company rather than go outside and hiring people who are not aware of the culture of the company.
Tough work life balance environment. Expectation of working far exceeding 40 hours per week in order to be successful.
Poor training plan for new staff and management.

Poor technology.
Pros
Discount card, 10% + cost on items. Good core loyal staff.
Cons
No work life balance
I am currently working at rexall but I am only part time, management is great but there is never enough hours for a part time in a week pay is not great. but management works really hard and it goes without notice from corporate.
Overworked, under-valued, short-staffed (dangerously). Illogical leadership. Management are blind to daily workflow demands and unwilling to provide reasonable support to allow for safe, effective patient service. Regular meetings are held where nothing but empty promises are given to managers and staff. Nothing improves. Should never be your first choice of employer as a new grad.
I punch in and away I go. Gather my stuff, and start. Either doing a overstock in the basement or milk was coming in shortly. One order would come everyday, plus I have to place an order for the store before 12:00 that day. On other days there were other orders from other places. Putting stock away in the stockroom, putting stock out on the salesfloor. Vendors would leave their stuff for me to do. They would put it in the wrong place and leave their garbage. I am slugging heavy heavy stuff. I am on a time limit. I am called for second cash, as needed. The hardest part of my job was the constant soreness, aching, pain from the heavy lifting all day on a 71/2 hour shift. I am not a young person by any means and working that hard, for that long is tough. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety.
Pros
Great Employee Discount
Cons
Hard Hard work
Great support from regional management. There is always a lot of work to get done making the work day go by very quickly. Pleasant work environment.
Enjoyed working here but when they went to sell the company they did a lot of shifty things to reduce the amount of hours on paper it took to run the business. They found reasons to let go a lot of my coworkers who had been their for years because the new company didn't want to deal with their restrictions and wanted to do their own hiring.
Pros
Discounted pharmaceutical/ household products
Cons
corporate structure
As a store clerk at Rexall Pharma Plus, a typical day would include receiving orders, assisting the front store as a cashier, putting out merchandise, organizing and maintaining the cleanliness of the store, as well as ensuring customer satisfaction. Working at Rexall has taught me effective and appropriate customer relations, while also improving my organization and efficiency skills which I can relate to my everyday life. The hardest part of working at Rexall is the overall repetitiveness of the tasks during shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job has been learning all of the ins and outs of the store and seeing the progress that I have made in regards to merchandising and customer service.
Pros
Benefits, good management, low-pressure environment.
Cons
Repetetive tasks.
A great place to work at lots of fun. Great work atmosphere
Gives you experience with nexyxs and on how to serve methadone to customers and how to deal with customers in an appropriate manner
Not a good place to work they took way too long to pay me I had to work over a month before receiving my pay check The pharmacist manager was not a nice person very rude and never let me take my breaks or lunch way too stressfull to work under these in lawfull conditions. Labour board needs to step in
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Pharmacist manager did not like