Rexall
Coronavirus update
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB85 reviews
Rexall was a fun working environment with driving the Pharmacy. The store manager was responsible for all areas of the business unit while ensuring company policies and processes were followed.
I had full time hours, and part time status on paper. Unable to secure a full time position, I lost my home to foreclosure because earning weren't enough to cover monthly expenses of owning a home.
Pros
Cons
they will only hire part time, no job security
I usually enjoy coming to work, things are generally well set up and tasks are simple for everyone. I've learned lots of management jobs as I've gone through my days with ease. However, management loves to yell, belittle and gossip to everyone about everyone behind backs. You never learn how to do something the proper way the first time around, you simply get yelled at for not knowing it at all. Coworkers are afraid to stand up and make complaints as repercussions could mean your life would go to the toilet. The general job is fun and when management isn't present its a great place to be. The discount saves a ridiculous amount of money as well.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Bad management
Rexall Drugs treats their employees like family. You not only shape to them they shape to you. Every shift is positive and stress free. I feel proud to work for Rexall Drugs. I came to Rexall with the knowledge I needed to do my job and they took me under their wings to shape me into what suited the job. I have learned from them and I honestly feel they have gained from my performance.
Pros
employee discount card and points
Cons
They were able to accommodate my work schedule with school. Trained in multiple areas, given enough time to feel comfortable. Managers always ready to help when needed.
i learnt a lot, it added many things to my experience and communication skills.
i have a great team with the best supervisor that i met in my life

i recommended to every one
Pros
i learnt a lot, it added many things to my experience and communication skills.
Cons
working on weekends
I would go to work every time there was an Oiler game. I would enjoy working there because the job was engaging people when they ordered their food. Usually the work involved getting the orders from the kitchen and giving it to the customer, sometimes the order was grabbed by another cashier and there wasn't much to be done about it as another customer had already received the order. There were lockers where we had to put our outside clothing into and change into the outfit that was approved by the Corporation who had the Rexall Place contract. Because I went to school at the time I had to get to Rexall right after and that was a little hard since I had to leave school a bit earlier. The staff there treated me okay once they got to know me better, since I was working with money, they were unsure if I would break even on the float. I learned how to handle money, engage customers when they ordered, worked in a fast-paced environment, and worked with different staff.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
Time to get there after school
Meh, it seriously was an okay chill job especially if you are just starting off to work in the workplace but that's really all I have to say about it thanks
it was my first job. it was easy. they train well. it was pretty cultural. i learned how to work. the management was helpful and kind. the building is closed now.
It has great environment to work at. They usually have great employees who always smiles and they have very good management, policies . they are great at following regulations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
great possibility for advancement
trained in all areas within a concession

many outside the company opportunities

flexible work hours (except for Oilers home games)
Was great working here! Had to quit because I would get off at midnight and walk to the coliseum station which we all know isn’t very safe. Had the location been different I might have stayed.
Pros
Employee discount on food and beverages
Cons
Not a good area
was fun and the staff were great i was there closing and opening keyholder but needed for staff to work and the bosses could have worked more and stayed for a full shift but they would live me alone for 3-4 hrs alone till i got a cashier
Pros
dont know what to say
Cons
we more staff
clock in get yelled at daily by customers that are drunk
i learned how to clean dishes, not that i don't already no how to do, also cooked fast food, burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc.

management never cared for the employees or the issues

the workplace had a huge turnover rate so you never really get to work with anyone long.

the hard parts dealing with verbally abusive hockey or music fans when an food order came back incorrect

best part leaving to go home and take a shower
Pros
free food at the beginning of shifts
Cons
short hours bad pay, no respect
rexall pharmacy was a very productive job had to do lots of cleaning and stocked lots of shelfs and I also put up sale tags on every Thursday. met lots-of great people and really enjoined it
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not as good pay
I did not receive enough hours but the staff were friendly. It was a fast working environment so everything had to be done fairly quickly. The concession stand were overcrowded, there were too many people working in one concession stand at a time.
Pros
Free drinks throughout the hockey games
Cons
Not enough hours
The company and those that work for it are very good at working around any preexisting schedule you may have. Much like other retail stores Rexall is understanding when it comes to part-time and fluctuating hours.
I can interact directly to 200 customers face to face, promoting my products by orally conversation in one events.
I can create a new method to complete my jobs and to memorize my tasks during the processing between customers and store in charge.

I like to work on inventory and complete records books.

I also retain magazines periodically.
Pros
Tim Horton's gift card
they say they will train you they do not then just complain when you don't know how to do anything. don't even go to a interview to Rexall really shady company they treat there employ's as disposable
Pros
for you to work extra
Cons
dont pay you for ot
Good Pharmacy with specialty...line dealing with Transplant medications, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension, HIV medications and other high cost medications as per Alberta Government list.
it was a great place to work fun to be there amazing people but staff not so much, hardest part of the job was watching unqualified people come in and get raises