Rexall
Coronavirus update
Information from Rexall:

Rexall Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB40 reviews
I was at the Rexall Pharmacy for my Pharmacy Assistant Practicum. I learned alot, and had the chance to experience all duties for a pharmacy assistant. It would be busy sometimes, but it is doable
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
not a lot of colleagues to help when it gets busy
good environment to work at. Not interested to give any review at this moment. Lot of job politics, However, staff is very friendly

Thank you kindly.
Was hired. Enjoyed work then after a couple of months was told once you turn a certain age then you are not allowed to work at Rexall. Nothing was ever mentioned to me when hired.
I had 2 good managers in my time at Rexall of the 6 that I went through... The other managers were very verbally abusive, rude, self centered, and obnoxious. I like working, and I like to push my limits to create new goals for myself and the team I supervise. However when there is a manager that constantly bullies you, belittles you, tells you things that you know for a fact are wrong. You lose morale and work ethic, I would not recommend this company to anyone, as a supervisor / keyholder you are expected to do SO much more work with insanely unrealistic expectations AND you still make as much as a cashier with the exception of having $1 added to the first 4 hours of your supervisor shift and even then, if your manager hates you they won't even give you the shifts as a supervisor and will instead force you to be the cashier or doing something else so you don't get that extra little bit. I've had 2 good managers, with realistic expectations and a very reinforcing work ethic who helped keep morale high through the day. The rest I've worked with / for have been rude, abusive verbally, and negative. Called HR 4 times during my time with this company and never once have they done anything to help me. They also refuse to pay overtime and expect you to do things that go past the hours of your shift, and if you don't get them done be prepared to stand in hot water with your manager for a long time. Would not recommend Rexall to anyone, co workers may be nice, and sometimes the customers. But I've had people urinate and defecate on the floors as well as being forced to approach clearly - more...
Not bad for a 2nd job
Love the discount privilege

Good for learning another skill

Pre-determined schedule for at least two weeks

Availability is flexible
This was my first job and I'm glad it was. I learned a lot working here and I had wonderful coworkers that I worked with. I kept learning new things everyday.
poor management ,no loyalty for long term employment .need restructure ,no appreciation, dedication . review also glass door reviews ,regret to spend 10 years as a pharmacy manager there.
Pros
best customers
Cons
poor managment
very hit and miss with management, spent 6 months working under the best manager i had ever had in a retail environment and once they were asked to work at another store the person sent to work in his stead is the single WORST manager i have ever experienced. she takes credit for other people's work, treats us as utterly disposable peons, has done a few things i'm pretty sure are illegal in disposal of documents. i doubt i will be leaving on good terms with this management whether i will be leaving the company itself on good terms.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
i made more on EI after 3 months working elsewhere.
My boss was one of the worst managers I have ever had. She cut my hours to 2 shifts a week 4 hour days... Nobody can live on that little amount of money.
Learned to deal with customers effectively.
A good start point in having a job.

Well coordinated team for the whole store as well as good management.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
A Pharmacy with good working environment but short staffed most of the time. Work pressure is high some times. Salary slightly better than other places.
Work hard for less money
It is all about the bottom line and what the company makes the management doesn't really get much say as it is all about money.

You are on your feet all day.
My overall experience at Rexall was decent. I wish there would have been better leadership from the managers. I would have enjoyed my time there more had i been properly trained and respected as an employee.
Don’t value employees, prices are to high and don’t have a home life, the changes in the company to make things better all it does is put more on staff and management team to get things done faster and don’t give store enough hours for cashiers and only have 2 people on the floor all day very stressful job
it is a great company to work for there discount is amassing and they people you get to meet may become our best friends for live . You should never not apply at Rexall .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
never enough staff
A typical workday includes putting away stock , providing exceptional customer service, doing returns/ exchanges, cash audits on cashiers, and handling deposits at the end of shift. Once in a while, we are required to change Plano-grams around the store. I learned how to be responsible and a team leader. Being a keyholder, you are an example and teacher to cashiers and there is a high level a responsibility that comes with that position. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers but I always try my best to ensure they walk about feeling better than they did walking in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive atmosphere with all the employees. A great team that provides the best customer service and experience possible.
I did not enjoy this job, although I did get along fairly well with my coworkers and the management team, I found that retail is not my strong suit. The most fun I had while working here was tagging sale items every week, the team made a game out of it, as we did it after hours.
Pros
Friendly staff, everyone contributed to all duties
Cons
It's retail
I had improper training for what I was expected to do, which led to mistakes. The main pharmacist was very rude when it came to having to help with things I was supposed to have been trained in but never was. The woman who trained me did not speak English and failed to train me in any of my duties beyond the cash though she was supposed to train me in filling perscriptions, calling patients, how to deal with calls from hospitals, how to enter information into the computer, and how to refill a patients prescriptions.
I worked with an awesome team , though I do wish the management and ho recognized our efforts!! Communication within the company is very poor. But store and team per say work was very efficiently done and appreciated.
Very easy to get the hang of, and super casual.
The management is always pleasant, until you get up into the regional manager level.

Cool customers, lots of really nice regulars that stop by.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Store empties at night
The learning curve is high and they are target driven with performance being their focus. I enjoy my internship with the team in Rexall and wish to work with them again
Pros
Healthy environment and challenging as well
Cons
Tough targets