Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

While working at rexall I learned multiple skills such as customer service and how to work at different departments. The management of rexall is amazing, I always got do-able hours.
Pros
discounts
Cons
physically demanding
Store: over worked on most occasions. the part timers are the biggest problem. literally sick calls every single day. the ASM or SM would have to sacrifice their time to cover. this after already overworking most times. all for the same salary btw. this is the experience for myself unfortunately. had to get outta there quickly. I hope they've changed their ways. Overall...Decent work place. fast paced. good charity (rexall foundation) unfortunately the part timers spoil it for this company at the locations where i worked with poor work ethic and sick calls. Upper mgmt doesn't care much about that either. you are expected to cover. would always be better to start from jump and be able to choose your own team that you personally can vouch for. Pharmacy: great pharmacy team. great punctual team members with great work ethic.
Pros
not the worst company. decent charity
Cons
long hrs. mediocre pay. poor mgmt
average job, not much chance to grow. no job security. a typical day at work is the same. Not much help in the team. Union environment makes is more difficult to discipline the team members.
Revolving door of staff, complete lack of regard for employee safety (leaving 1 female to close the store as cashier, key holder, and sales associate on a holiday), lack of training, no respect of availability, played favorites when it came to scheduling. I could go on. Hopefully my store was just poorly managed and not every location is this bad.
I feel very lucky that i had done work over there as a volunteer. All the work is very well. I had great experience over there. All the staff members are disciplined and careful also. Every medicine is arranged in a apple pie order.
I worked at the Brampton location. The manager was very unprofessional. He made very disturbing comments towards me. While I tried to complain to HR about him, my calls were ignored, I tried leaving VM. This occurred two years ago. Since then I have not stepped foot in that Rexall, and I do not, I repeat, do not recommend anyone to work there. No I did not get fired, I resigned.
Allows for learning new perspectives and helps gain better understanding of patients on a day-to-day basis. Busy work-flow, but this helps build experience in a fast-paced environment.
A very organized and structured day as work time for each assigned job has been allocated in the store work clock. Company has been constantly changing as it has been taken over by Mckesson who are market leaders. I learned how to adapt to the changes quickly. I have been working here since last 8 years and enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
Excellent rewards
Cons
Too many changes in top leadership
Many new initiatives are under place currently to create more alignment from central office to retail locations. Main issue is customer traffic and branding. Working for the company feels busier compared to other chains despite similar workload, most likely due to workflow design lacks integration with software.
I have learned a lot about leadership in this role. Every day was different. You also have great benefit packages. Great place to work and I would highly recommenced it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rexall?
Wonderful place to work, company continues to grow and improve every year. Has amazing store and customer service standards. Best employee advantages and benefits out of any retail chain.
Working at Rexall has encouraged me to advance further into the medical field. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and patients, and helping them especially in their time of need.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Working here is easy going and feels relaxed. Co-workers are friendly and are always ready to help. What i learn here is almost applicable to my studies and helps a lot with my education.
Many opportunities to excel and advance and learn. Friendly environment and excelling in productivity, organization, management, services and customer service.
This was my first job as a pharmacy assistant. Co-workers were very helpful. I learned alot.
REXALL is a pharmacy I would recommend to any one. Very wonderful staff.
an great place to work to gain costumer service experience cowokers and management are very lean and understanding typical days work is very easy
Pros
raises yearly, unionized
Cons
no moving up in position within the company
I learned a lot of discipline, management skills that would definitely help me in my future.
Pros
Employers were handy
Cons
Less opportunity for future
Successfully worked various areas of pharmacy, including cash handling, profiling, taking care of medical prescriptions, labelling bottles, handling of narcotics, etc. Proven track record in implementing 5S for continuous quality improvement and efficiency
I got my first experience as a student placement at Rexall Pharma. My experience was excellent.
I had a great time working there the staff is really fun to work with and I would not change anything. Working at the pharmacy never felt like working it seemed like everyone was working as a family.
Pros
great environment
Cons
small pharmacy and low wages