Rexall
Rexall Employee Review

A simple retail job

1 May 2020
Working at Rexall was about what anyone would expect from a cashier's position at their local drug store. You stock shelves, roll out aisle changes, update sale tags, and keep customers happy. The quality of management changed over time - it just so happened that we had a really amazing set of managers when I started, but then the assistant manager had to leave, and the store manager was put under stress by head office limiting the number of hours they could offer to employees. It really hit morale hard when hours were gone during the holidays, and the new assistant manager didn't help everyone stay in high spirits. That aside, I had a decent time there - there was nothing amazing, and nothing terrible about the job. I'd work for them again if the situation called for it.
26 July 2020
Same role
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Canmore, AB
I enjoyed working here. With the duties that you need to do during your shift, the wage is not enough. I would of stayed if the wage was higher. I liked my manager.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Wage to low
18 May 2020
Same role
Cashier/Key Holder (Current Employee) - Ottawa, ON
The lack of management in this workplace didn't hit until they were in charge of my actual life during this pandemic. If your life is worth minimum wage, minus union fees, this is the place for you. Management sits in the office and collects bonuses while you get to pump out sales targets during a pandemic, but careful, because if you complain they'll give you a lifeworks card and tell you to call the hotline because you're depressed. they're definitely not just the worst run company in the world. Simply google Rexall and look at the lawsuits they have for pumping OPIOIDS into communities. DO NOT work for this mafia-esque company. You are worth any risk and any dollar to them.
19 July 2020
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Collingwood, ON
My first few months working at Rexall, I loved it. I loved it until things started going downhill. Felt like everything was all over the place. The store was a mess all the time and Nothing got done correctly. Working at Rexall cause me a lot of stress than it needed to be if you're looking for a job that you don't care than Rexall may be your perfect job
Pros
Discount