Rexall Employee Reviews

Former rx manager
PHARMACY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2018
Absolutely the most incompetent upper management especially the district managers. They cut labour hours yet expect you to year on year produce numbers for them. They cut the bonus structure in 2018, yet my store increased in sales and med reviews. Absolutely not worth the misery you feel with this company, disorganized, no direction with changes that make no sense. Doubt if they survive in the years to come.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Disorganized district managers, clueless, no business sense.
Job was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
I would go to work every time there was an Oiler game. I would enjoy working there because the job was engaging people when they ordered their food. Usually the work involved getting the orders from the kitchen and giving it to the customer, sometimes the order was grabbed by another cashier and there wasn't much to be done about it as another customer had already received the order. There were lockers where we had to put our outside clothing into and change into the outfit that was approved by the Corporation who had the Rexall Place contract. Because I went to school at the time I had to get to Rexall right after and that was a little hard since I had to leave school a bit earlier. The staff there treated me okay once they got to know me better, since I was working with money, they were unsure if I would break even on the float. I learned how to handle money, engage customers when they ordered, worked in a fast-paced environment, and worked with different staff.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
Time to get there after school
Good for Limited Time
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2018
Management at Rexall is a disaster. Uneducated management system and terribly organized company to work for. Fun for young people to work with others, but do not take this job seriously.
Really good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2018
I learned a lot while here. I was able to expand on skills from my previous workplace at Rexall as well as learn much more. Overall my time there was amazing.
Great Team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 October 2018
The manager is super understanding and the team is great to work with, it felt like working with family whenever I started a shift. I was a cashier in the pharmacy so I also took on some of the pharmacist assistant roles and there were quite a bit of full times, so it was always crowded starting a shift and not enough room for the part times that were starting, and since there were so many full times, the part times didn't get many hours. Overall, it is a great experience and I do recommend it.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not many hours for a part-time
Excellent employee discount
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2018
workplace culture has ways to go. With new CEO we have seen alot of change both in company culture and the new look of the company. I believe that Rexall could increase its rating on work/life balance with time but after foundational reset it is getting better. I would like to see more advancement from within the company rather than go outside and hiring people who are not aware of the culture of the company.
Ok place not like the old days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 October 2018
Prior to Rexall being bought out by American company McKesson, Rexall was a fair place to work. Now with it being AMERICAN owned employees have a extremely high turnover.
Management doesn’t last long very high turnover- be lucky to have the same manager for a year. A very biased company that doesn’t value its employees. Wages are minimum wage with little growth increments.
Pros
Discount
Good for the short term
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2018
Revolving door management and lack of in-store execution hampers what you can achieve working here.
For a 2-3 year stint it is a passable organization, but not for much more than that.
Quite boring
Part-time sales associate/ Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2018
Very quiet place to work hours feel longer then what they are because the store is often very dead. Long hours standing without being able to sit or rest. Great staff and friendly people.
Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Tech/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 October 2018
Great software easy to operate. Terrible manager. She would change the part time staffs schedule so many times that part time staff would often miss their shifts and/or come in at the wrong time. Since the restructuring and massive layoffs the staff that remained are very afraid of losing their jobs. Instead of assisting their part time new team members so the team can work well together they are mean and bully the new staff. The system for blister packs makes no sense and is a huge waste of time! The new manager showed a huge amount of favoritism towards senior staff at the expense of new staff. This was also the worst costumer service I have ever seen. The pharmacy manager laughed and belittled customers. She made a man feel so uncomfortable in front of me once that he told me he will be filing a complaint immediately. The senior pharmacy tech was also reude and condescending to customers. She had several complaints filed against her and the manager said that she sees her as professional and protected her while throwing a newer team member under the bus which made her loose her job. The pay for such a busy environment is terrible. Paying someone minimum wage at such a serious job is ridiculous. I'm sure not all Rexalls are like this one but judging by the kind of managers this company employs and puts in charge of a pharmacy I do not believe this chain will survive much longer. Another pro was the front store manager. Amazing person who went out of his way to help out all the new team members even though he knew nothing about pharmacy. Work in this place at your own risk  more... and keep in mind that there is no one there to help you and the pharmacy manager will lie, cheat and steal and blame it on the new staff.  less
Pros
Challanging position, front store manager, geeat computer software
Cons
Pharmacy manager, poor work hours, terrible scheduling, bullying and intimidation from senoor stafg, horrendous customer serviced
Meg!
Food Prep & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2018
Meh, it seriously was an okay chill job especially if you are just starting off to work in the workplace but that's really all I have to say about it thanks
not worth it
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2018
minimum wage job that requires skills that a minimum wage job shouldn't. Must be able to multitask and work fast. Sometimes understaffed and overworked.
union
Store Manager/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON16 October 2018
the company doesn't help you at store level, many times help for things was asked for and was never given. when people steal from the store they let it go when its customers. This place is a union and you have to deal with staff that do not work and there is not much you can do as head office dose not help you in removing them.
managing the workflow
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON15 October 2018
I have learned to deal with senior patients especially to teach them about their medical conditions and their medications to avoid complications from chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long distance
Very Bad company
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2018
Rexall is very bad company and their district manager treat their staff like slave. There is no job satisfaction and no appreciation at all. Too much pressure on each staff and not give enough help. I would not recommend this company at all.
Pros
Cons
Bad company
Rexall
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON1 October 2018
Rexall isn't a terrible place to work, it just needs some improvements...

The company revolves around customer service. They care so much about good customer service, that they don't have enough employees on the floor to GIVE good customer service. Every-time I go in there, there is always a survey, donation, or a giveaway of some sort-to help promote the company and gain more positive customer service. Here's the reality... Not everyone is going to do the survey. A lot of people now-a-days either don't have the time, or simply just forget. The amount of elderly customers that shop there, they don't have a cell phone or computer at home to do any of these things. People come to shop, buy their items, and leave. Please stop bombarding customers with surveys and what not.
pharmacy manager
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  370 wilson st east30 September 2018
very good place old community
very friendly customers
hard part of the job is expectation is very high with customer service
i really enjoy working here as i like to talk to patients really enjoy talking to the customers here they are like my family
Very welcoming workplace community with professional atmosphere and good nature in motives towards helping the client base
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 September 2018
coming to work was always a safe experience, often I was greeted with a joke and always a smile. The staff was my favorite part of the job, and second came the patients and clients of the pharmacy.
Rexall
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2018
Busy retail environment with a diverse group of customers.
There is a lot of support from all levels in this company.
Everyone is willing to help you advance within if you are looking to do so.
Pros
Excellent perks
Cons
Hard work, but friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB18 September 2018
I enjoyed interacting with the customers, and although a few tough ones came in, most of them were very friendly and accommodating. As a young employee, I was expected to carry on too many jobs while being main cashier. Because of this, it was very hard to complete the tasks of the day because I never had enough time to get away from customers. Additionally to being main (and usually only) cashier, I was responsible or shelf stocking, facing of products, helping customers, assisting customers with the kodiak photo machines, and assisting with locked merchandise cupboards. I did not always have enough time to take breaks, which was not the issue of the managers, but of the business. My experience overall was positive as my coworkers were very nice and the customers would make my day with all of their lovely comments.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Busy work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.