Rexall
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Rexall Employee Reviews

Canada902 reviews

It was alright

The hours and pay were good but the work got repetitive. U were able to do your own job and chill wasn’t too strict and Is a doable job. The customers were also mean

Good retail experience.

I've had very supportive managers who are willing to help me grow career wise and as an individual. Great place to work if you're looking for a retail and customer service experience.

Underpaid and overworked

for training, they make you watch videos and do quizzes at the same time as being on cash. management is more concerned with their bonuses and impressing head office rather than keeping their store employees happy. management also expects you to do waaaay more work than your job description entails. hires employees who can only work once a week but will message you on your days off to come in and cover at least twice a week. being a key holder does not give you a pay increase, but gives u $2 extra for ONLY the last 4 hours of your shift and the number of responsibilities you have doubles. head office also makes you download 4+ apps on your personal device that can only be used on the Rexall wifi, which is a complete waste. i would not recommend working here

disappointing

the best thing is the employee discount, but the worst is the non-existent training. even on your first day, you just get left alone to fend for yourself.

Fun place to work at

It is a good place to work at. There are benefits even for part-timers, and after a few months, there was an increase in salary by cents. Co-workers are nice.

Nice environment and good people to work for. I would make some changes management wise as often people are promoted for their pharmacy experience and not business experience.

High expectations low pay

Your going to work and expect to give a 110% for very little. Expect weekly test on the computers and in person to make sure your “all in”. No fixed schedule, it’s all over the place.

I wouldn’t recommend Rexall to anyone.

Rexall is by far one of the worst companies I have worked for. High stress (for management) and totally unrealistic expectations and goals. I really don’t have anything good to say about this company. They expect a lot from you and deliver almost nothing in return.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no bonus

Good Company

always busylearned a lotaveragegood enoughdealing with rude peoplemaking new friendsthankful for all the times I have worked heregrateful for all the experiences

Co-workers are nice pay is bare minimum

It's an ok place to work, raises are not enough to live off of, good job for students. They end up giving more responsibilities then the job listing stated.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Low pay, understaffed

treat you unfairly

Very slow paced. Not enough hours. Rude Co-workers. Frowned upon. They do not make you feel welcomed and do not care for others. They do not train you properly.

Pros

nice customer

Cons

rude coworkers

Do More with less

Do more with less is the company mantra. Metrics are everything and appear to be the result of a ouija board, magic eight ball and a wheel of fortune. They could care less about you and your work life balance expecting you to basically sacrafice everything to hit your metrics. They say the words "patient focused services" as they ask you to provide, but they only care about the profit margin behind them. Would stay away from this company.

Pros

Decent pharmacist pay

Cons

Poor pay for support staff, exhausting, development is non-existent

Terrible

When I worked there (granted it was only 2 months), I was treated terribly. There was no training and my second shift I was left alone on cash and was told to just try my best. The whole store was very anti covid and often would ridicule me for wearing a mask. It became unbearable when we got a new manager who started scheduling me on days I was not available (I’m a teenager working part time), and getting mad at me when I would bring it up, because I “wasn’t putting in the effort” and because we were understaffed I would have to work the extra 20 hours. I got to my breaking point when I asked for a week off for a vacation my parents had planned that I had no say over (with a month notice) and I was told I was being unreliable. I handed in my two weeks the next day. A few months later I heard from one of my old coworkers who is in school with me, that the same manager who had called me unreliable, was talking down about me with other employees. While this is probably a very one time experience that I hope does not happen frequently, it shows what kind of people this company will hire. Overall this job was the most boring job and worst management I have had.

Good place to work!

Great people and a very inclusive work culture. The pharmacy gets really busy, but that is expected. People are helpful. Overall, a nice place to work!

worst work place

no room to grow for non white people. too much expectation. i get night mares till nowdont ever want to return againdeveloped anxiety and panics due to stressful work environment.

Pros

nothing is appreciated

Cons

discrimination and racist environment

Fun co-workers

It's fun to work there and it closes early so that's nice. It was hard to learn the lottery machine but I got the hang of it. the customers in the area are very rude though.

Bad environment, lack of training given by management, employees talk about one and other behind their backs and gossiping all day.

Working for Rexall to be honest was a very bad experience. There are many company's in Retail that would be very much better to work for and that treat employees with respect and dignity. How do I sum up this experience? First of all, Management there doesn't know how to properly train new employees. From what I saw and observed managers there are getting away with a lot and the district leaders don't have a clue. I managed to learn a lot of new/ different things in retail but the workplace culture made it difficult to stay focused at times. It was a very negative workplace culture, the company lacks core values, there is a lot of gossiping all day, I mean all day behind other employees backs. Also, managers should be on the floor speaking to there customers and managing their staff instead they are in their office and taking an hour & half for lunch. There wasn't anything that hard about the job, it was just management doesn't know how to train properly. The regular staff/ employees though were very helpful and offered assistance whenever possible. There are few employees that could instruct and train others nicely. I guess what I found enjoyable about the job was being able to spend eight hours of my day with some good staff. There is a lot of competition out there, I think people should research companies better before applying to jobs. That way they make the best possible decision for themself.

Pros

Staff discount, Benefits, Decent salary.

Cons

Toxic environment, Management lacks training abilities, negative work place culture, a company that lacks true integrity.

Horrible management.

Horrible management. Head office has constant demands. Write ups if they don’t hand out enough points cards. High turn over rate. Management does not do there job and head office is well aware. They do not care to make the company better for employees. Little pay and they try to get rid of employees by shrinking your hours or having you “investigated” if you don’t plan on your entire life revolving around Rexall don’t work here! I’ve seen multiple people lose there sanity while working here!!!! They don’t offer therapy chats for no reason. Not a company that puts there employees well being into perspective.No matter how much you do for this company they won’t ever appreciate you as a employee! Go else where for a retail, post office or pharmacy position!

Pros

30 minute break and 2 15 minute break

Cons

Management, low pay, unpaid lunch, overworked, under paid, discrimination

Turnover in regional managers was a problem, H.R. Dept. not responsive to serious problems like unethical work practices.

Training for store management position was very poor. Worked with good people overall. High turn over of area managers and the new ones hired had no "crossover notes from their predecessors", so total confusion and misunderstanding during their induction period. Pharmacists over worked. May have changed with McKesson takeover.

Pros

Great discounts on own label brands.

Cons

Not enough support from H. R. Department.

The job was okay

The pharmacist was not good at his job. My coworkers were not good either. The place is not organized. The store manager is rude. The customers are rude.

Great place to work. Shifts vary depending on your job. Great discount

Great place to work. Although u had 30 years of management experience I had no retail. They took the skills I have and taught me to use them with what I needed to learn. Great staff and upper management that cares and take the time to acknowledge your work. Recommend

Pros

Great discounts Lots of material to upgrade

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement