Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews

Rexall is a positive and happy environment to work in. You’re constantly kept busy which always helps to make your shift go by faster. The employees make it much easier to enjoy being at work as they’re always willing to give a helping hand when needed
Pros
Location easy parking
J'aime bien travailler dans cette entreprise dés que j'aurai eu la chance d'y intégrer
Good luck getting hours, promotions, and getting a full time position is just laughable. They like to pretend they care about the employees but it's just lip service so the employees don't join a union. In summary, if you want a dead end job with pitiful hours and pay; definitely apply here.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
everything else
I worked there for a bit. Management was unfair in giving me equal opportunity to learn more tasks so I could one day advance in the company even though I was eager to learn. Management also would put me in at 10-11 hrs per week even though I had requested more and there were many times that could’ve happened but I’d continue to get ignored. Staff I found was cliquey and fake So by the end of my employment, I wanted to leave.. I was not valued as a staff member or coworker and my willingness to do good or try anymore was gone.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fake co-workers, no opportunity for advancement even after showing interest in learning, sucky hours, shady people.
Rexall was awful. Maybe it was the location, but i still hated it. They would spit stuff out at us like it was no big deal. Be Well launch was no thought out, the company would put out these stupid store competitions and we would get a "pizza party". Pharmacists are over worked, and the tech hours are either 0-100 so its not reliable for hours.
Minimum wage, only management qualify for benefits.Gossip rampant - very undermining and destructive Long hours, no overtime paidNo Christmas bonus (Oct, Nov & Dec Extremely busy!)Most employees very friendly but didn’t stay longShift schedules unpredictable, sometimes a days notice
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Very stressful
Love this place, literally my dream job. I enjoy working with Project Managers to complete projects and connecting with consultants and vendors to ensure we meet deadlines. Would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Working from home makes is challenging to balance work/life
Toxic environment created by managers who are not pharmacists.Metrics is all that counts. Unnecessary pressure put on pharmacistto do Medchecks. No time alloted to enter data all this data intothe computer. Always had to stay extra , working unpaid hours todo this
Pros
Wage, benefits
Cons
Everything other than good wage and benefits. Knew many pharmacists ending on STD due to stress.
however staff almost always never showed up you where required to work all Oilers games no matter what you could miss I believe it was 2 total in the season without being written up put on suspension without pay and if u didn't have a doctor's note for those or any of them there after you where terminated immediately and sorry may not be Rexall exactly may be DNS sports services biggest in NFL and NFL I believe but maybe wrong on that been a while
Pros
dinner if u could get down to staff room b4 break was up and u needed to get back to work site
Cons
long hours no time to make it around the arena
Been working there since 3 years all my colleague's are awesome including both the pharmacy manager and staff pharmacist and the front store managers.
Productive and friendly staff. Always something to do and very helpful co-workers. I was only there for a short time (fill in for some on sick leave) but would liked to stay with the company
If you enjoy working with the public job is great.If you are looking for a position that offers advancement, above average salary, benefits , management that cares do not bother applying! Minimum wage hire staff from outside without promoting from within minimum hours each shift .
Upper district management has no idea what they’re doing most the time. None of them have worked in the stores and they give you unrealistic time to complete tasks therefore you’re often working way over your 40 hours. Thankless job. You can work day and night making sure things are done but if you lack on one thing you’ll hear about it. They will push you out if they want too and your job isn’t secure at any point in time. Staff is unionized (management is not) and therefore they get away with everything.. it’s extremely difficult to fire terrible employees. They know this so they act accordingly. The company does not care about their employees. You are just another number. The only thing I got out of this place was experience on my resume and the ability to handle high amounts of stress because I had too.
Pros
Experience
Cons
High stress
Was excited about the job for about 2 days. That's all it took to realize the company's expectations were unreachable. I've never been so poorly trained for a job that requires so much knowledge regarding medication and other pharmaceutical products. Maximum stress, minimum wage. Obnoxious and arrogant co-workers. Don't waste your time on this company.
Pros
Cons
Too much expected, poor training
Rexall has an awful reputation for greedy management, employee exploitation and understaffing among pharmacists and pharmacy students. You don't have to work at Rexall for a long time to see that this bad reputation is well earned. Store level issues will vary based on location. No matter what store you work at, company and upper management issues plague the whole company and there is no escape from that. District managers are incompetent and serve only as glorified cheerleaders to try and increase store sales. Upper management is incapable of taking responsibility for anything and the head office provides no support for store level employees. Changes in management structure and campaigns within the company only serve to line the pockets of executives at the expense of both employees and customers. Pharmacy department is severely lacking in software and hardware and way behind Shoppers. However they will hire just about anyone so if you are desperate for a job it's a good way to pay the bills while working towards something better.
Pros
Good insurance/benefits, pay above average
Cons
Long hours, bad management, lacking technology
High management turn over, individuals representing HR are not qualified in sense of being sexist and bigots. Disrespect mental health and needing time off. Will demean you and schedule during time you booked off. Hire students and show flexibility but show issues when students schedules change. The provide minimal proper training.
Pros
Mostly flexible for scheduling
Cons
Demean you, and disrespect when escalating issues
Rexall is a great place to work and have a sense of purpose within the community. Pay is fair, benefits are great. Cant speak for all, but my manager is very supportive and gives me a lot of freedom to manage the way I feel I need to in order to be successful. Very little to complain about working here
You will not be valued. You will be treated horribly. You will not go home happy 95% of days you work. I absolutely love the current manager and feel so bad for her cause of the fact that the higher up management (head office/district managers...) do not care. They refuse to listen or allow they thing we need changed to be changed and just tell us to “figure it out”. Constantly understaffed and the majority of the staff we have causes more problem than they help with and there is nothing we can do despite the constant absences and lack of any sort of common sense our hands are tied. Rexall doesn’t care about its employees whatsoever and will 100% treat you as poorly as you can take before quitting. The salary is trash. (Keyholder s make about a 2 dollars more than just regular cashier and that is only for 4 hours of the work day even if you work 10 hours a day just to be sure headoffice doesn’t come in and stomp on you for not having everything done the way they want). The new program that has been introduced as ALL they care about and want a 100% participation even tho customers don’t care whatsoever about it and it falls on our shoulders as to “why is this going so badly” despite there being nothing we can do about it. If you’re lucky enough to get a decent coworker or 2 you’re in a lucky spot but that’s about as pleasant as it gets and they still might move them around to other stores so it really doesn’t matter. Recall cares about 1) their customer 2) their products/property and 3) their employees and there is a reason they put the employees at the bottom of that list.
Pros
Sometimes there are nice coworkers
Cons
Literally everything else
Over worked stressful short staff and unorganized Managers have poor work ethic and treat employees like dirt Expect to much for little pay and never enough staff or willing to pay for proper work materials
Fantastic place all around, and tons of things to learn! Our location was hit hard during the pandemic being part of a government workers building, so only full-time got guaranteed hours. At no fault to the store or management, of course, I was the last hired part-time so I knew that it was going to be rough keeping as many people working as possible through this trying time.
Pros
amazing people to work with and for!
Cons
Pandemic
This company used to have integrity and almost a family like presence from the top, down. It felt secure, fun, great staff and great management. After they were bought out a couple times it just became a desperate, money scrounging company. If you are looking for a place to work and move up, DO NOT, come here. When you get to the point where you make more than they would like to pay you (speaking to manager positions), they will literally find ways to fire you, if you don't quit first. No matter your history of work and loyalty. Just terrible. I guess if you are a kid in school, just looking for pocket money, its fine. Just don't invest your life here.
Pros
Discounts, bonuses
Cons
Salaried employees will work overtime w/o compensation.
  1. Employee reviews