Rexall Employee Reviews

it is not very good place to work
pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 July 2018
this company does not treat employees well, they do not pay well and they push you so hard so, you will not be able to sleep at night due to stress. they do not care about employee quality of life.
great evironment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2018
It has great environment to work at. They usually have great employees who always smiles and they have very good management, policies . they are great at following regulations.
Fun
Pizza 73 Team Lead/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
great possibility for advancement
trained in all areas within a concession
many outside the company opportunities
flexible work hours (except for Oilers home games)
once you learn it then its easy
Pharmacy assistant (Current Employee) –  Valleyview, AB16 July 2018
Fast environment. Hard at beginning to learn everything. Especially if person you are working with is not very good trainer. But once you get trained then its easy.
productive workplace with team spirit
Pharmacy Assistant( Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere and markham12 July 2018
I am belong to do job in pharmacy field. because its my education field. so i can do a job in my field and i can grab pharmacy knowledge and enhance it.
perfect for my lifestyle
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 July 2018
Rexall provided a safe and happy work environment that was perfect for my lifestyle. I was able to work and go to school and pay my bills. The management staff was quick to address my questions and concerns.
Fast paced
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2018
Was great working here! Had to quit because I would get off at midnight and walk to the coliseum station which we all know isn’t very safe. Had the location been different I might have stayed.
Pros
Employee discount on food and beverages
Cons
Not a good area
Great store hours of operation and awesome customer feedback process.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 July 2018
A very organized and structured day as work time for each assigned job has been allocated in the store work clock. Company has been constantly changing as it has been taken over by Mckesson who are market leaders. I learned how to adapt to the changes quickly. I have been working here since last 8 years and enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
Excellent rewards
Cons
Too many changes in top leadership
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2018
I never had the same schedule , sometimes I’d open sometimes i’d Close.
I learned how to use my social skills with customer service.
Hardest part of the job was trying to finish high school well working full time.
Best part of the job was helping customers and social skills with my team.
Pros
Social skills
Cons
The management
Awful place to work
Pharmacy Technician Assistant, (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON22 June 2018
Management looks down on women, feels work is incomplete due to staff not working hard enough. Claims no one wants to work in town and no one is educated! Customers complain all the time. RX scripts not entered for up to 2 weeks, pills not ready when customers come in. It’s always the staffs fault, management is bullying. They only care about the bottom line.
Pros
Dental plan for part time
Cons
Very disorganized, too much stress
Productive and friendly co workers.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 June 2018
Work environment was friendly and easy going. I enjoyed my time will I was there. The management was helpful and informative. the hardest part was keeping yourself busy. the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pleasant customers and fexable company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2018
I enjoy helping customers and making sure everything is running smoothly within the store. The company has always been every flexible while I worked through school and has good benefits. But I would prefer to be in a more organized environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unorganized environment.
was good to work for
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2018
was fun and the staff were great i was there closing and opening keyholder but needed for staff to work and the bosses could have worked more and stayed for a full shift but they would live me alone for 3-4 hrs alone till i got a cashier
Pros
dont know what to say
Cons
we more staff
Good place to develop your management skills and your knowledge of doing business in retail.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2018
The general manager is very busy with the day to day operations of the store. The GM is responsible for receiving/returns and transfers, cash management, paying invoices. payroll, scheduling, recruiting, training, performance reviews, merchandising, and planning.
Pros
Running your business.
Cons
Mediocre pay
Productive and efficient work environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 May 2018
During a normal work day I manage the store and follow of work to have great productivity in all kinds (I.E Routine pharmacist Role with prescriptions and patient assistance).
Good environment of work, usually I manage pharmacy assitants , and delegate them to increase work productivity.
I really enjoy helping patients by providing them best service, and thorough applying our expanded scope of practice services.
full time manager or pharmacy
Front store clerk and supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
when you sign a full time manager/assistant manager or pharmacist position you are not unionized. you are often obligated to work full day shifts, from 8am to 10pm, on top of that, the head office people can fire you at any given time for no reason at all. be careful.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
I am currently working at rexall but I am only part time, management is great but there is never enough hours for a part time in a week pay is not great. but management works really hard and it goes without notice from corporate.
no hours.
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2018
I lost my job after putting in 25 years with former seniority. Loved my manager but Ceos were not very smart at handling things. Some other store managers only worried about themselves
Pros
clientale
Cons
no hours
Greta Team
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
Gained a great understanding on handling cash, providing excellent customer appreciation and service as well as introduction to operating business procedures.
horrible place to work
Concession attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
clock in get yelled at daily by customers that are drunk
i learned how to clean dishes, not that i don't already no how to do, also cooked fast food, burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc.
management never cared for the employees or the issues
the workplace had a huge turnover rate so you never really get to work with anyone long.
the hard parts dealing with verbally abusive hockey or music fans when an food order came back incorrect
best part leaving to go home and take a shower
Pros
free food at the beginning of shifts
Cons
short hours bad pay, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.