Rexall

Rexall Employee Reviews

Canada743 reviews
Great job, great benefits, good culture.

Constantly looking forward by thinking of new ways to advance the business and focuses heavily on collaboration
Bad upper management and no support
Being an asm and taking care of everything still cosmetician gets paid more than you for just chatting to the staff all day and leaving on time or early to home. You are stuck there with everything don’t know when you will leave for home
Perfect Work environment
I love working at Rexall . Everybody is so helpful and kind . I learn new things everyday . Pharmacy staff works collaboratively for dispensing medications accurately and work hard for wellbeing of the patients .

Thanks Rexall !!
Collaborative and professional
fast pacing environment, time flies quickly, need a very concentrated and knowledgable person to work. I'd like the manager as she was motivated and tracking everything in the pharmacy.
Pros
Good Salaries and collaborative environment
Cons
Short break time!!
Poor training poor culture
No training. Pharmacy managers are bullies. Do not like hearing anything outside what they want. Pay is terrible. Overworked. Bad culture favoritism !
good place to work
I did my volunteer in rexall. I learned Kroll , packing, dispensing, labeling, dealing with customers, arranging medications. workplace was really very good and staff was cooperative.
Money driven, american owned and proving it
The lack of management in this workplace didn't hit until they were in charge of my actual life during this pandemic. If your life is worth minimum wage, minus union fees, this is the place for you. Management sits in the office and collects bonuses while you get to pump out sales targets during a pandemic, but careful, because if you complain they'll give you a lifeworks card and tell you to call the hotline because you're depressed. they're definitely not just the worst run company in the world. Simply google Rexall and look at the lawsuits they have for pumping OPIOIDS into communities. DO NOT work for this mafia-esque company. You are worth any risk and any dollar to them.
Terrible place to work
Making them money is all that matters to this company
They treat you like a number.

No heart

I saw many excellent skilled kind people walked out for no apparent reasons
Pros
Cons
To many to list
!Pressure to do more PFS during a pandemic!
There is no limit to pressure pharmacists are subject to when it comes to $, even during a crisis!

Recent example: Ontario Ministry of Health clearly stated that publicly funded professional services are to be offered only in exceptional circumstances over the phone. Guess what, a district manager took the liberty to set a target of at least 5 Medschecks a day adding that now it can be easily done over the phone with any patient and we should actually be aiming at way more than 5 a day.

This is a clear abuse of public trust that is placed on pharmacists and based on my experience Rexall is definitely not a place to work for pharmacists who care about moral integrity.
It's pretty alright
As part of the management team you run the store, take care of stock, and keep the staff motivated/working. On top of dealing with customers.

It's a pretty fast paced job where you are on your feet consistently and moving a lot of stock.
Good
Great drug store with friendly staff and relaxed environment. Good to build relationship with patients thru patient care and taking extra mile to meet patients needs. Good hours with competing wage.
Staff is fun to work with and I’m fortune to have such lovely team who helped me a lot during COVID 19 pandemic. To sum up it, I highly recommend working for Rexall drug store good company . withgreat benefits
A Terrible Place to Work
Rexall Drugstore as a pharmacy corporation has a relatively busier, fast-paced work environment than its drugstore counterparts as the company strives to generate higher sales and income. Even though I was hired despite not having working pharmacy assistant experience, Rexall very much favours and prefer those who do. This was the case with my Rexall pharmacy manager on Eight Street regardless of the fact I was told I would receive on-the-job training. I truly believe I was unfairly terminated from my part-time position. I was also a pre-pharmacy student with a competitive grade-point average. During the firing with the presence of the store-manager, the pharmacy manager declared I shouldn't apply to a Pharm.D. program because I'm simply not capable of doing it. I left the workplace feeling defeated and shattered. I was absolutely appalled by her response when two weeks prior to receiving the warning, she told me not to worry as it takes six months working full-time for a pharmacy assistant to know how to work software, insurance coverage, creating blister packages, locate/organize medications off the shelves, compound creams and gels, and return drop off prescription to stock among other job duties. At the very most, I was working a five hour shift once a week! I walked out the doors of the pharmacy store on good employee terms anyways– the pharmacy manager alluded to wishing me the best, however it was crystal clear she didn't have faith in my means to pursue pharmacy.
Good people and staff
Caring and hard working honest people and management good for work life balance and lots of different Job titles thing's too learn and well organized you must balance your Till under a Curtin amount after every shift if over more than 5 times you could be Let Go
Pros
Reasonable work life balance
Cons
No Job security for accidental mistakes
Busy
Its is. competitive, easy on the eyes. super smart, informative, drains, pipes, hoping for a new one, all the best, keep ur eyes peeled, no more police state, Rexall start and stop
A simple retail job
Working at Rexall was about what anyone would expect from a cashier's position at their local drug store. You stock shelves, roll out aisle changes, update sale tags, and keep customers happy. The quality of management changed over time - it just so happened that we had a really amazing set of managers when I started, but then the assistant manager had to leave, and the store manager was put under stress by head office limiting the number of hours they could offer to employees. It really hit morale hard when hours were gone during the holidays, and the new assistant manager didn't help everyone stay in high spirits. That aside, I had a decent time there - there was nothing amazing, and nothing terrible about the job. I'd work for them again if the situation called for it.
No job security...
There is no job security for this company, I was let go for no reason after working for 2 years for this company after one of the entry level staff with no cosmetic experience received their residential visa because I was paid the highest wage which wasn’t that much, 16 and hour and they wanted to pay the lowest bracket. This was a long time ago, but just wanted to acknowledge the lack of care they have for their staff.
Productive work place
Every day was different and exciting. Managed stock and controlled inventory wonderful staff and great customer relations
Worked long hours completely worth it
Fun but stressful
It is a fast-paced environment. Lots of heavy lifting and time is very stressful with the amount of work. My manager happened to be the nicest and most considerate. I hope all the managers were like her. It is tiring yet fulfilling when you get the job done and right. The location is very accessible except for my transportation going home since it was 3 in the morning. The bus timing is terrible especially in cold season.
Good starter job
Great to gain experience with cash handling and customer service but nowhere to excel and move up in the company. Great coworkers, and a overall good vibe.
productive
omni channel development and coordination across banners is underway. on-line development underway. leadership change underway. office relocation underway.
as always , working in pharmacy is fun and responsibility
its ok
if you don't have job looking to work and gain some experience plus

first entry job lookers its better.

there are so many places , relief shift are there