Rexall Employee Reviews

Pleasant customers and fexable company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2018
I enjoy helping customers and making sure everything is running smoothly within the store. The company has always been every flexible while I worked through school and has good benefits. But I would prefer to be in a more organized environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unorganized environment.
was good to work for
Keyholder/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2018
was fun and the staff were great i was there closing and opening keyholder but needed for staff to work and the bosses could have worked more and stayed for a full shift but they would live me alone for 3-4 hrs alone till i got a cashier
Pros
dont know what to say
Cons
we more staff
Good place to develop your management skills and your knowledge of doing business in retail.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2018
The general manager is very busy with the day to day operations of the store. The GM is responsible for receiving/returns and transfers, cash management, paying invoices. payroll, scheduling, recruiting, training, performance reviews, merchandising, and planning.
Pros
Running your business.
Cons
Mediocre pay
Productive and efficient work environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 May 2018
During a normal work day I manage the store and follow of work to have great productivity in all kinds (I.E Routine pharmacist Role with prescriptions and patient assistance).
Good environment of work, usually I manage pharmacy assitants , and delegate them to increase work productivity.
I really enjoy helping patients by providing them best service, and thorough applying our expanded scope of practice services.
full time manager or pharmacy
Front store clerk and supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
when you sign a full time manager/assistant manager or pharmacist position you are not unionized. you are often obligated to work full day shifts, from 8am to 10pm, on top of that, the head office people can fire you at any given time for no reason at all. be careful.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
I am currently working at rexall but I am only part time, management is great but there is never enough hours for a part time in a week pay is not great. but management works really hard and it goes without notice from corporate.
no hours.
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 May 2018
I lost my job after putting in 25 years with former seniority. Loved my manager but Ceos were not very smart at handling things. Some other store managers only worried about themselves
Pros
clientale
Cons
no hours
Greta Team
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
Gained a great understanding on handling cash, providing excellent customer appreciation and service as well as introduction to operating business procedures.
horrible place to work
Concession attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2018
clock in get yelled at daily by customers that are drunk
i learned how to clean dishes, not that i don't already no how to do, also cooked fast food, burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc.
management never cared for the employees or the issues
the workplace had a huge turnover rate so you never really get to work with anyone long.
the hard parts dealing with verbally abusive hockey or music fans when an food order came back incorrect
best part leaving to go home and take a shower
Pros
free food at the beginning of shifts
Cons
short hours bad pay, no respect
great job no hours
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2018
Work Experience
Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2018
I did not have many responsibilities as I was a work experience student worker. My days included facing and organizing isles. As well I helped with finding expired products.
Fantastic company to work for.
Front Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB8 May 2018
The Devon Rexall store was a fantastic store to work in. The staff is great, the manager, assistant manger are all very nice and were willing to accommodate any personal issue that arose.

I was laid off due to restructuring.
Pros
Overall great atmosphere to work in.
Rewarding but emotionally draining
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 May 2018
Your experience working here is dependent upon how your boss is, like any other boss you'd work for. Nonetheless, if you feel like you are being treated unfairly, voice your feelings and opinions! Do not low-ball your self-respect. Pharmacists are incredibly emotional and let their feelings get to them and once they are frustrated, they will not only take it out on the workers around them, but also the patients. However, you can set an example for them by being a genuinely good human being and talking to patients with respect no matter what. If your coworkers (pharmacists included) are being rude, let them know this. It will help them improve!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Emotional pharmacists
had to deal with customers and did cashier and stocked shelfs
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2018
rexall pharmacy was a very productive job had to do lots of cleaning and stocked lots of shelfs and I also put up sale tags on every Thursday. met lots-of great people and really enjoined it
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not as good pay
Fun workplace and nice co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB1 May 2018
I enjoyed my time working as a seasonal worker for Rexall as I previously worked there the year before. Training was minimal. My co-workers were excellent and great to work with.
Not the best out there
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2018
Overworked, under-valued, short-staffed (dangerously). Illogical leadership. Management are blind to daily workflow demands and unwilling to provide reasonable support to allow for safe, effective patient service. Regular meetings are held where nothing but empty promises are given to managers and staff. Nothing improves. Should never be your first choice of employer as a new grad.
Very Very hard work
Merchandiser/Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2018
I punch in and away I go. Gather my stuff, and start. Either doing a overstock in the basement or milk was coming in shortly. One order would come everyday, plus I have to place an order for the store before 12:00 that day. On other days there were other orders from other places. Putting stock away in the stockroom, putting stock out on the salesfloor. Vendors would leave their stuff for me to do. They would put it in the wrong place and leave their garbage. I am slugging heavy heavy stuff. I am on a time limit. I am called for second cash, as needed. The hardest part of my job was the constant soreness, aching, pain from the heavy lifting all day on a 71/2 hour shift. I am not a young person by any means and working that hard, for that long is tough. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety.
Pros
Great Employee Discount
Cons
Hard Hard work
laid back work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON27 April 2018
lots to do with too short of shifts. if your looking for part part time its your job,about 15 hours per week.theres not alot of room for advancement. however if your willing to come in everytime they call you can get 25 hrs a week
Pros
instore discount
Cons
short shifts not really even part time
good
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Rexall21 April 2018
Good place to work if you have the support and staff to work with which in the last 3 years has not been the case, cutting labour affected employee and customer satisfaction..
nice
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pharmacy18 April 2018
Never really have enough man power for the amount of work. People were nice. was able to meet new people easily but no downtime at work. Focused more on financial figures than people. it is a business after all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.