Rexall Employee Reviews

Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC18 March 2019
I had an amazing time working at Rexall. It was a very relaxed work environment with amazing, friendly staff that - after a short period of time, became like a family to me. They were clear with what tasks had to be done. The manager treated all mishaps with reason and level-headedness.
Pros
Lenient, friendly, amazing staff
Cons
not a very busy store, often had to find other tasks for myself to do so I wasn't standing around.
Too much to do in a day and upper management never happy
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 March 2019
To many hours for me as I was a salary employee. I do not enjoy all the extra hours I had to put in to get the job done with no extra pay for all the extra hours I put in. I enjoyed the customers and employees but upper management was very bully like. I would say this is a good job as a sales clerk. Good first or part time job.
Pros
Customers and employees
Cons
Too much to do in one days work. Never enough time to get it done. Upper management bully like.
Rexall Drugs
Canada Post Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2019
Rexall Drugs treats their employees like family. You not only shape to them they shape to you. Every shift is positive and stress free. I feel proud to work for Rexall Drugs. I came to Rexall with the knowledge I needed to do my job and they took me under their wings to shape me into what suited the job. I have learned from them and I honestly feel they have gained from my performance.
Pros
employee discount card and points
Terrible backstabbing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 March 2019
Work expected far exceeds allowed time available. Individual store managers are either poor or excellent dependent on the store. Backstabbing experience required if you want to work there. District mgrs do not make time to listen to your ideas. Unpaid use of own vehicle required. Many unpaid hours expected.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Most of it
Work
Cosmetics Advisor/Cashier/Stock Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2019
They were able to accommodate my work schedule with school. Trained in multiple areas, given enough time to feel comfortable. Managers always ready to help when needed.
It's a hard company to work for if you struggle with mental health
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2019
The company itself is okay I guess. However some of the management are hard to deal with. The coworkers talk behind your back, and the management picks and chooses who they like. It may not be like that for everyone, however, for me working there was tough. Rexall seems like a pretty straight forward place that acts like they care about you, but sometimes its the people not the business.
Pros
Easy to work up
Cons
long hours, constantly moving, not so nice customer base
Productive and hardworking employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 March 2019
The days were pretty slow for costumer service, but the management always had us doing simple tasks to keep us busy and the store looking clean and tidy.
Pros
Always busy doing some sort of task
Cons
Not alot of employees, made for long days
I enjoyed the job I performed at Rexall
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2019
A typical day for me would be to see which day of the week it was. On particular days, I would be in charge of ordering the milk. Another day I would order the Ice cream, etc. I received all incoming orders and made sure everything was correct, then took the product off of the skids and put it out onto the floor, and overstock into the stock room. I was also in charge of scanning product, checking for inventory, pricing, checking expiration dates. I made labels, faced product, helped the Coke/Pepsi reps, looked after changing the ends for merchandising each and every week for flyer deals. I did a lot of lifting downstairs in the stockroom, in charge of keeping it in order. I was also in charge of placing the order for our frozen section which was ordered through Sobeys. I was also called onto cash if and when the full time cashier needed help. I also helped out the one other stock person with her job as well. I also was in charge of doing planograms.
Pros
I loved the team of people that I worked with, we had the best one!
Cons
The heavy lifting and slugging was very very hard for me.
Work is easy, Management is poor.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, AB3 March 2019
If you are working the front store then what need to be done is typically up to you since tasks are not explained clearly. Management does not listen to employees when making the shifts. Employee moral is always poor and work environment is very "high School drama". Dealing with upset customers is the easiest part of the job, dealing with management is the hardest.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Good management, continually working to improve!
Cashier & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 February 2019
Rexall provided a welcoming and friendly environment to work in. The company is constantly working on improving efficiency, organization, and overall creating a positive space to work in.
Cons
Short shifts
N?A
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
A Pharmacy with good working environment but short staffed most of the time. Work pressure is high some times. Salary slightly better than other places.
Productive-fast paced pharmacies
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON25 February 2019
Usually always Very busy day at work with lots of responsibilities. Pharmacist must be a multi-tasker. Good workplace culture. Customer services is the key for pharmacy business but you have to have a time for that.
helpful, understanding and efficient workplace
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 February 2019
Staff is helpful and also provide genuine guidance.
Periodic training to continue working effectively and efficiently
Adjustable working hours to manage work and personal life
Work hard for pennies
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2019
Work hard for less money
It is all about the bottom line and what the company makes the management doesn't really get much say as it is all about money.
You are on your feet all day.
The company is in a state of flux...
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Lack of direction, lack of leadership, lack of vision. McKesson acquired Rexall and had a big acquisition plan for medical clinics...then hired 4 people...then realized they couldn't close deals properly due to a lack of a formal due diligence process.
Pros
Size and reputation of company.
Cons
There was a complete lack of direction, leadership and planning from the top.
Friendly customers
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  kitchener ontario4 February 2019
The customers are friendly at rexall. That is about it. The place is understaffed most of the time but when it has its days of full staff on site, its delightful.
Pros
great pay
Cons
understaffed
Good Job
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 February 2019
Good work environment, not to busy. Staff is easy to get along with. Days are usually not to long. Mostly part-time shifts not to many full time hours.
fun
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 January 2019
checking prescriptions for accuracy,
counseling on prescription medications,
OTC counseling,
health management consulting,
participating in Meds Checks,
collaboration with pharmacy assistant to accurately dispense prescription medications,
extending Chronic Medication Prescriptions for patients that do not have refills and qualify under OCP for extension under the pharmacist
Busy and interesting place to work
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
My overall experience at Rexall was decent. I wish there would have been better leadership from the managers. I would have enjoyed my time there more had i been properly trained and respected as an employee.
Constantly changing
Category Manager General Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2019
Leadership, strategy and direction is constantly changing which requires individuals to be on their toes and flexible to accommodate fast paced directional change and you must have great relationships with your vendor community to negotiate the necessary changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rexall. Our community is ready to answer.