Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employee Reviews

No question-if you’re in this business-you care! That is the ONLY thing that workers truly care about-the residents. So they work like dogs to ensure they can give them a shred of quality to living at these homes. No one is talking about how these residents suffer, or how they are lacking the quality of life they deserve after a lifetime of caring for others. Workers will move on to better workplaces, but the residents are left behind-on to the new batch of workers and the company doesn’t care. I was offered management and did not take it and quit shortly after as I realized what kind of company I was working for-a profit driven one. I have my own business and understand profit and budgeting so I understand you still have to make money, but you have to spend it to make it, and they are not spending any! I didn’t get paid half the time either-the GM gave me cash so I could make a car payment. Unbelievable, so my review is that you should stay away....far far away!
Pros
Cons
Forget to pay you, residents suffering, not enough staff
This is a clear example why Private For Profit companies should NEVER be aloud to own retirement / ltc facilities. They refuse to hire full time so they don't have to give out benefits, pay is insulting at best. You r expected to work like a slave for just a dollar over min wage?? Ltc hsk make more per hour then our nurses do?? Management won't help even during pandemic with anything, its always about the bottom dollar, charge high rates for residents and pay least possible amount to employees. Not a good company
Cons
Don't work there. The management was untrained and very unprofessional. Employees were rude, unqualified and gossipy.There was a lot of politics going on.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Bad management, employee gossip, rude to residents
Very unsupportive work environment. With no experience being an HCA, I expected a more supportive environment to work in. When asking some of the staff questions about operations and expexations at points they wouldn't even respond, like stared at me and didn't respond. I'd done float shifts during the day multiple times but when doing my first evening shift I asked what was different and if there was anything I should know the fellow HCA on staff just stared at me. The staff made it very difficult to work there. They fill the clients rooms with attends on Fridays, I wasn't aware of this at all during my shift and only got told about an hour before shift was about to end. Even though the staff knew it was my first float shift. This is just a snip of what working there was like. Despite that there was a lot of incredibly lovely and supportive people, but the negative and unsupportive colleges made it unbearable to work there.
During a pandemic you would think having all management participate would be required. No, despite staffing shortages it has been normal for multiple managers to be on vacation at the same time. Now that they've been asked to return to work multiple managers have quit. Certain think employees run the joint with a gang mentality. Management won't manage and workers won't take things seriously. When we are short.. Help, not shut office doors and act surprised.
Pros
Residents are mostly great.
Cons
They have no problem having you work fulltime hours without benefits.
I really enjoyed working here because of the residents but management and staff are very toxic and drama is everywhere. Everyone is always looking to report you for doing anything slightly incorrect. No one cares if you are overloaded with work and you get no break. They will say they care but will go behind you back. I would not recommend working here unless you thrive in a dramatic work environment. It made me very anxious and depressed. If you value your mental health do not work here!
Pros
Seeing residents happy
Cons
Work overload, Toxic management, Drama filled work environment, Everything
Enjoy coming to work my managers and coworkers are great people too work with would recommend working for. Revera. The residents and families are great . i enjoy and very happy were i am could see myself here for long time.
I started as a staff nurse, and have been promoted to multiple non-management and management positions since. I often receive thank yous, and encouragement from the senior leadership team and management team.
Terrible food safety. Lead cook in Ajax bare hands food without washing hands. That’s what I worked with for 2 weeks. Poor training from above. Manager wasn’t very helpful.
If you are a student avoid this place at all cost. I was hired as a causal work . They put me some days for training then there is no call from them in 2 weeks and no schedule. After 2 weeks they calling me to come to work . I cannot wait 15 days to hear that when i will get the shift. Then i have to leave the job and move to another .They use students for their work. You have no guarantee of hours that how long you will be work there maybe 4 to 6 days in a month
I enjoyed the job, as I am a PSW, but the politics of the job hurt this company badly. There is favoritism at it's best. You work hard, but not recognized. Some staff get away with alot, yet other staff dont. The upside is, they have a Christmas Party, BBQ's, . Most times other staff plan these events. I enjoyed all the residents and my job, but didnt enjoy the bullying!
This organization is the absolute WORST place to work for! You are not appreciated/valued/respected. Management doesn't care about you, they only care what you can do FOR them so that they can continue to collect their bonus! Abuse is running rampant. Staff shortages are critical because staff are so overworked and underpaid. Management does not respect the unions, nor do they follow the collective agreements that are put in place. They bank on the fact that most employees have not read the collective agreement or simply do not know their rights. I worked at Revera for 6 very long years...6 yearsI I don't regret them due to the friendships I made with co workers, residents and the family members, but the torment that place put me through....if this review even helps just one person...it's worth it!! Especially the Revera's in Burlington Ontario, DON'T DO IT!!!And management lies to everyone...to staff, to residents, to family members....residents don't come first, residents don't matter...their bank accounts are what matter!!!!
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Management, bugs, lack of supplies
They overwork their employees and bully them. They throw so much on you and they don't care if you are sinking or staying late. Unless you like to be stressed, have no break, and come home crying everyday this is NOT the job for you! Take my advice.
If you want a job that thinks of you as a #, you’ve come to the right place. If you don’t want them to care about you as a person, you’ve found your dream job. If you want management to stick together, team up on you and be belittle you, again perfect fit. Oh if you want to be able to come to work on drugs/drunk and late, this is for you! But most of all if you want to work with friendly/funny staff then you defiantly want to work here!!
Pros
Staff are amazing!
Cons
Management! They don’t care about you! Don’t let their “kindness” fool you!
Constantly understaffed, registered staff rarely step into help the support workers. There is so much gossip between staff. Management is approachable.
They hire casual workers so they don’t have to pay for their benefits but than give you fulltime hours. even after you work 3+ months they expect you to work fulltime with no benefits etc which I’m sure is illegal. During the pandemics start, they didn’t give any $2 top up like other companies did, to essential staff besides the healthcare aids so we were all risking our lives to come in for minimum wage. You cannot survive off their pay either and the schedule is never consistent.
Pros
Nice residents, receive requested time off
Cons
Horrible pay, poor management, no job security, no advancement
My job started off really wonderful. Good company, good pay. Management started getting really stingy and has really brought down the overall workplace enjoyment. I've worked with Revera for 2 years and never complained until my manager quit and now the other managers wont let us get our own paper towel.
Pros
Free food, guaranteed raises, simple tasks
Cons
Lots of standing, strict management
consistently mocked and harrased in kitchen was never trained properly and constantly felt anger from staff toxic. and 10 people quit on the first day before me very bad place to work. was never given breaks had to work over them.
Former employee of Revera Newmarket who held a position there for years simply out of convenience (was not always the case). Management on all levels micromanage. Do as I say, not as I do!! Work hard and not only are you not appreciated, but you can be certain you will be granted more responsibility, more work and no time to complete your work. It will be “expected” that you have assigned work completed on your own time. The environment is one where there is little team effort, but rather a great deal of favouritism. This makes for many unhappy employees. Management can be held accountable for a great deal of this. Resident’s are what kept me in to my job
Pros
Hours, benefits (and residents)
Cons
Overworked, undervalued and paid
Took over our company after I worked there 10 years and turned everything upside down. Management was terrible. Just a very mismanaged place with people in the wrong roles. Never happier to be given a severance and never looked back!
Pros
Cons
everything
If you want to work a lot and be paid the lowest possible amount for your position then this is the job for you. You will definitely be micro managed by the regional team and you will receive absolutely no training to do your job. But if you are really good at your job you get to do 3 other people's work as well, without being compensated for it.
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Pay, hours, regional management
  1. Employee reviews