Revera Inc.
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Revera Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada599 reviews

No Regrets

Home level management and front line team members were excellent to work with. Very passionate and committed. Breaking into senior leadership was incredibly difficult and had to leave the organization to continue career growth.

Nice place, but management could improve

Has a very cozy atmosphere and nice décor, but management could have improve a bit as miscommunication does happen. The residents and other staff members are nice.

Insights into Revera Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Stressful situations every day

To be a “receptionist” at Revera you will need to have a very thick skin. I’ve been yelled at, in person or over the phone, by family members of residents, for issues that are completely out of my control, one too many times now. I will be looking for work elsewhere, and never again in senior care. You are not a receptionist, you are more like a unit clerk in a hospital. I have a serious problem with “receptionists” being asked to find replacements for LPNs and HCA’s that call in sick or just don’t show up. One LPN actually said to me, I mean, you are just sitting here doing nothing. WE are so busy. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. There is not one single moment of my day that there is not more that I need to get done. If you are an LPN or an HCA this would be a great job for you. Expect to be making deliveries at any time, any where in the building. Be prepared to take orders for meals over the phone and physically rush them to the kitchen to be prepared after the cut off time for trays. The Covid screening for visitors entering the building MUST be done accurately every single time, no matter the phone calls, or the number of people at the desk at any given moment. If you are tough as nails, and have the right answer for everything, this is the job for you. On weekends, there is no management on site. There will be many situations you will need to figure out all on your own. There is no possible way to cover all these things during a training period. I’ve been a “receptionist” at Revera now for 9 months and every single shift I have a situation I have no idea how -

Always work short

We are always working short. Management rarely helps out on evening or night shift. Nurses are working short all the time don't have any time to help out. There's no chance to improve or advance.

Highly supportive teams, engaging, motivating

I had an excellent co-op experience at Revera. The Talent Acquisition team was highly supportive in ensuring I learned and developed relevant skills.

Management is the worst

No job security, they can fire you at any time they want without providing a valid reason why they did it. Management treats you unfairly. They also dont value their employers.

Staffing

Wonderful to begin your career but work short staff. Not consistent hours.there is a shift premium for all weekend shifts.which Is good. Too much iinterfere and ucp on site.

Cons

Short staff

Fun place to work

Revera was a fun place to work lots of different people, management had a big turn over and could do with a few more changes. Challenges were family members and the pay isn’t very good for what they’re wanting you to do

Fast-faced environment and coworkers are easy to work with as well as the managers.

The work environment is good the job is easy but the pay is not up to date, you gotta check your hours and make sure you getting paid for that. Managers are easy to communicate with. Everyone is are very helpful.

Loved working in LTC residents and most staff were great. My manger was great and so were my co-workers. We all worked together to make the days of others happy.

Horrible place to work

Bad management, residents not properly cared for, lazy staff, underpaid, dirty, smelly, understaffed, unfriendly co-workers, lazy nurses, bad supplies

Pros

Cons

Understaffed

It’s okay

Co workers are nice. But management is terrible. Pay is very low. It’s a good place for a new grad.It’s slow paced. You have to pick up shifts very often if you are casual if not you will be terminated.

The "Values" are a Lie - watch out

Don't believe what's on their website and promotional materials. What matters here is every dime they can take these seniors and their families for. Follow the money, look into the ownership etc. Staff are underpaid, unsupported. Management often clueless, getting even more clueless direction from the head office. Top-heavy organization with huge disconnect between upper management ideas and site-level problems. The whole industry needs to be reformed, starting with Revera.

No management support

Very unstable staffing many people leaving the company so no consistency in employees or management The pay to work ratio is unfair Management does not care for the staff Communication between management and staff is no existent

Don’t work here

This completely suck big time doesn’t treat they staff with respect and doesn’t pay there staff good enough and the management team doesn’t care much about there staff at all

Strong core values with opportunity for growth

Dynamic company with lots of opportunity for growth and development. Revera is dedicated to their residents and focuses on building a cohesive team. There are lots of learning opportunities and a supportive management team. During the pandemic having a good balance between work and life has been a challenge.

Good Place to work

Beautiful home, great residents, enjoyed the position fast paced most times. Good teamwork communication could approve within departments but that's always a work in progress.

Bad management

Revera has bad management. Manager treats staff really bad. They always require staff to work overtime but they donot pay for those hours. Sometimes they will cut down hours of staff without notices.

Stressful environment t between menegement and Co workers.Toxic.That's all explanation and would say all!People watching people meaning that others have time to watch others what they do.Meani g those people have time and not doing they're own job but have time to mind someone else es business what they do.

Fast paced but fun

Enjoying my experience at Telfer Place co workers are wonderful, residents make me smile every day, management has been great so far. All around one of my better jobs.

Pros

Good breaks co workers residents

Cons

None so far

Ok place to work

Management is lacking so your work experience is really up to you. If you want to push for things to improve, you will need to take the initiative. Workload is alot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement