Revera Inc. Employee Reviews

Do not recomend this place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sumac lodge12 February 2019
Environment is very toxic. The employer doesnt value the employees or the residents. Over worked and under paid. Lots of long time workers are leaving due to disrespect, work load and miss treatment to employees.no one ever wants to come into work so your always working short ontop of the heavy work load. I highly do not recomend working for this establishment.
Pros
Benifits and pension
Cons
Over worked leave sore and dread having to go back into work.
The pay is laughable.
Recreationist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 February 2019
As a Recreationist who went to school for 5 years, this company basically thinks our job is a joke and pays us the same as a Dietary Aid and PSW (neither of which require a degree).
The fact that they make it a requirement to have a diploma or degree is a disgrace- they want you to have it but they do not want to pay you like you have one. Our pay should be on par with an RPN if you want educated staff.
Cons
Pay for the amount of education they expect.
Terrible place to work.. under staffed low pay heavy work load
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2019
Horrible place to work. No hours rude co workers terrible management who just sit in their offices all day eating. Heavy workload. No team work at all .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Rude coworkers, lazy managers low pay no hours
Worst place to work stay away!!!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 January 2019
Understaffed overworked underpaid you will always have extra work to complete supervisor does little to nothing to help out staff for majority the goal at revera is corporate greed the residents and staff here all suffer
Cons
Pay never accurate, overworked unappreciated underpaid not enough staff or supplies
Terrible Management
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Management team consists mainly of unqualified people. Their communication with the staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. The executive directors have no idea what they are doing. I have been working here for many years without a raise or benefits. The staff are treated like animals. They refuse to hire more staff which results in everyone else working short-staffed.
Rights of residents were not met, horrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON25 November 2018
I worked for this company for only a few months before searching for other employment. All the workers told me how horrible it was when I first started and I quickly discovered why. They cut their benefits, cut hours but expected the same service to the residents. The rights of the residents were not even a thought in this companies head. At lunch you had 2 hours to serve a 3 course meal to approx 45 residents, clear,clean table, wash the mugs,plates,glass ware, bowls and cutlery. by yourself with help only from the one other server is they were done their half of the dinning room.. The residents right to enjoy a meal were not met and they constantly complained you would serve the soup, give them a choice of the entree serve the entree and then the second you put down the last one you went out with the desserts put them on the table and than you walked out right away with a cart to stop clearing because at this point you only had 40 mins to, clear,clean, wash dishes and set tables.
When I first started there I had heard that a bunch of people that had been there for years quit and in the short time before I left 3 people quit. Multiple people including myself had left at the end of their shift in tears because of the high stress this job caused. The residents at this establishment deserve better. This company does not care about the residents. All they care about is saving money at the expense of their residents.
Pros
Other dietary aides were nice
Cons
rights of residents not met, horrible company, management, hours
Bilingual Accounts Payabler Advisor
Bilingual Accounts Receivable Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2018
Would return in a heart beat to this company. They are awesome to their employees and treat them like human beings not a number.
Lots of space for advancement.
Management is horrible
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 November 2018
The management and most staff only care about themselves as opposed to others when your suppose to be working as a TEAM you really are not. They are always understaffed therefore there is always times when you are working short shifts and management will not help as they are paid salary therefore will leave when they want to and do not care. There is no consequences to staff members when there is conflict that arises (i.g co-worker is bulling you, you tell management they say they will talk to them, but do not), co-workers can treat anyone rudely no matter what, and if you are a hard worker they will use that to their advantage especially when you are the only one doing the extra cleaning, this is like high school as every staff member has their own clique. This place is horrible with their cleanliness, and they do not treat the elderly there with the respect they deserve or all fairly.
Pros
Cons
management only cares about themselves, uncleanly, no free meals, staff steal
Productive and fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2018
I am working almost a year now I think that’s the best retirement home to work in Ottawa. Our management team and lead team is always support and very welcoming people.
Pros
Free food understanding staff
Cons
Not the best place to be
PSW (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 September 2018
CHRONICALLY short staffed and residents are suffering. high workload and demands. dont recommend it. night shifts are doing baths at 5am! useless management that does not know what they are doing because their actions contradict with Revera's values and beliefs. everybody runs away from there because it is a mad house!!!!
psw
psw (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 September 2018
love the residents and cooks but management was brutal. terrible work place. favoritism and Zero to no job security. Toxic work place.
Would never work there again.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 September 2018
Retirement living but long term care work alot of times. Staff and management good to work with. Pay a lot lower than most PSW jobs, but a set schedule that doesnt change unless you want more hours.
One of the worst places I have ever worked
Reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Residents were a pleasure to work with. Working reception I saw a lot of sketchy stuff going on. No communication between departments, useless management, no job/hour security. When one of the employees was off sick (we were understaffed) I had to work 18 days in a row, 4 of those shifts being 8am - 8pm. When I got sick due to the outbreak at the time, I was not compensated or offered any help, just met with attitude. Nursing staff was understaffed, poor treatment of residents was a norm, management didn’t care so much about the residents but more about filling beds as fast as possible to make more money. Overall I loved working with the residents however the management made me sick to my stomach. Retirement and nursing homes should not be run by companies like this, in my opinion, they should be run by nurses who actually care.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2018
Shifts were hard, no time to provide proper personal care. Understaffed on a regular basis. Travel expenses are not paid, long commutes for short shifts.
Revolving door of incompetent, abusive managers
Employee (Current Employee) –  British Columbia27 August 2018
Run by harassing, aggressive, abusive managers who use their position to hire family, and bully and intimidate long term staff. Toxic work environment
Pros
The residents are very friendly
Cons
Unfair, ineffective, and abusive management
Dangerous for all!!
RPN (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 August 2018
If you like a high stress, extremely fast-paced environment, with no help from management while you perform many jobs not even remotely under your job title then work here. Residents are at risk and they don't even know it. With nurses handing out medications to 40 plus residents over 8 floors around meal times and sleep times along with answering phones, call bells, dealing with issues from residents that should be in a proper long term care residence (but why lose their rent each month right!?), handling emergencies that are not even nursing related, dealing with angry family members after management set high expectations but don't staff properly to accommodate them, not calling in support staff when management had earlier stated they have been funded to do so and many MANY more ill working conditions this is a truly a recipe for disaster with nursing licences on the line and residents at risk. They really need to have two nurses per shift to properly accommodate the needs of the building.
Pros
Nice front line staff, beautiful building
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional management
psw (Former Employee) –  main street terrace13 August 2018
Director of care is very rude. Very disrespectful. Its unionized but U pay the dues but they cant help you when u need one. the shift load is too much. Some PSW staff are rude.
Awful Management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON5 August 2018
Very understaffed but they don’t look to hire new people, they just expect their current staff to pick up the slack for the missing employees. Managers will never help out if they’re short staffed so the few employees there have to do everything on their own while managers go on smoke breaks every half hour. They treat the majority of their staff with very little respect then wonder why people call in sick all the time. I did really enjoy most of the residence and it’s a shame because if management wasn’t as unorganized and amateur as it is, this would have been a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice residence, some nice staff
Cons
Rude senior staff, poorly managed
This was a very unhappy place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC13 July 2018
This was a frustrating experience. Management was incredibly inexperienced and irresponsible. Friendships were favoured over best interest of the company. Expectations were high for low pay. I loved the residents, loathed the staff and management.
Good workplace.
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2018
A professional and innovative place to work. There are new initiatives and activities for employees to get more involved. Friendly work culture and work atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.