Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada412 reviews
Fast paced environment
Management team were great to work with. Very supportive. I was responsible for 4 departments, housekeeping, laundry, food service and maintenance. I enjoyed my position within the company.
Recreation Manager
Within 6 months of being employed by Revera at a site in Victoria.

1) the ED resigned

2) the Care Coordinator resigned

3) the food services manager retired

4) the Business Manager was on stress leave
Pros
wonderful residents, families and volunteers
Cons
everything
Poor senior management
The Executive Director runs the place like their own circus. They do not care about anybody but themselves and have issues with females and discriminate against them. Senior management have a boys club mentality and would threaten people’s jobs if they needed help with time off for childcare or illness. Unsafe workplace conditions not properly addressed as Executive Director was wasnever at work.
Cons
Poor management
n/a
I would recommend applying to Revera. In comparison to former employers, it is a more desirable place to work. More details available upon separate request.
fast face envionment
Very fast face environment
Handle more than 5 department and managers its a challenge

assisting all other department and getting good and bad feed back is stressful
Pros
free coffee or tea
Cons
less breaks
Fun to work with the seniors
Very good seniors home with a lot of activities to be done and ensure food is served on time
Very good work life balance and team work. Growth potential is there.
Good
Good company to work for. They work with you home life and the ability to build your experience. They have great protocols and policies to follow. Would recommend
Understaffed, overworked, underpaid
Terrible company, absolutely ridiculous workload, and no support from higher management. They think workers are robots who can work nonstop, and when we’re short staffed expect staff to do more work in the same time. Favouritism is evident, and bullying starts from the ED down. On payday, you have to check your paystubs, because there’s a good chance you didn’t get your full pay.
Our staff meetings often include “you should be here for the residents” aka stop complaining about being overworked, understaffed, not getting all your breaks etc. There’s always “there’s lots of other people who need jobs”...if so, why can’t the home retain staff? And my favourite gem “what can we do to make your job easier without spending more money or increasing staff?”

When corporate comes to the home, their idea of a morale boosting meeting is to start by saying “who’s here for the right reasons?” Like I’m here for the same reason as Revera, to make $$...if I didn’t need money, I’d just volunteer...like the company makes hundreds of millions and I’m the bad guy because I want to be paid for my overtime?

Why do I still work here? In healthcare, seniority usually rules...and I’m not willing to spend 5-10 years working nights and evenings somewhere else to get back on day shift.
Pros
Great staff & residents
Cons
Everything else
Not a Place That Will Get You Out of Bed in the Morning...
An extremely toxic work environment with gossip, no communication and not a goal-oriented environment. Competitive between workers and servers in a degrading way. No unity or team work.
unprofessional unqualified staff
horrible wages, hire anyone who will work for that wage.....they promise a lot but can't deliver. Worked her 4 months and did more in those months than the past year. understaffed and very dirty. Tried to write me up for missing days when directors aren't even there 3 full days in a week. Directors do whatever they want including taking half days off. Wouldn't recommend
Not a good place to work
A very busy STRESSFUL environment, too many residents and lots of responsibilities per shift. There is really no time to take a break if one intends to do their job accurately and in a timely manner.not cooperative management full of races ,bias and discriminating .Management pick and choose staff.
Stressful and overworked
Residents are amazing but Revera only cares about profit. Staff are overwhelmed with what is expected of them, which leads to stress and exhaustion. Each shift is chaotic, as management does very little to help out their employees. They pay rate is not comparable to the toxic environment this company has produced. Revera charges a TON for residents to live there and give them very little. TOXIC
Collaborative
We have collaborative culture in Revera. Employees help each other to accomplish tasks properly and in a timely manner. Work sometimes is stressful but my co-employees are fun to work with.
n/a
Good place to volunteer with seniors. The workers are very welcoming and friendly. They are easy to approach for help or to answer any questions. I enjoy going every week.
Not good not happy
No room for advancement no communication always short staffed not a nice atmosphere no team players only fulltime no staff aa
Benifit nnnnnhnobenifit no
Pros
Cons
Only full time benifit
Revera Riverbend Retirement Residence is an organization where you would want to work and be at.
I love working at Revera most especially the management team are of good characters and lovely residents .in term of health care aide experience Revera has the most experienced health care aide and and good Nurses around.
Good
Working as a waiter at Revera Valley Stream was great and I learned a lot. The staff and residents were very friendly. It was an good work experience.
very bad enviorment to work toxic not good for employees
I worked as part time cook in scenic acres revera living their enviorment in the kitchen is so toxic . That cannot explain they have cameras all over the place and if you r eating in fact tasting the food they will call you in the office the exective director is scottish and thinks that you are her slave does not know how to respect people even the director of culinary is not good always the kitchen is under staffed with no dish washer and very few servers .
Work
Great company with great people I work. The company treatment to new employee is fairly. they are treating every one as a family. benefits are fairly good.
For mangers, fast paced, good pay but senior level head office is very micro managing but regional teams are wonderful
This is a great company in comparison to many. Pay is excellent. Benefits are great. Expectations for performance are high but you should expect to work hard in any job. You are hired to work and do a good job. Managers really want to support staff but are expected to save even a penny if we can. Residents and staff who do the hardest work and care for them need to come first over small savings. And then we’re told our towels aren’t soft enough by head office? This makes no sense. Residents are great. This is a great job if you can tolerate the culture from head office which is very old school and needs a major makeover but they don’t seem to realize or accept this. Some new ideas and updated thinking is what this company needs in the Senior VP LTC department to make it more attractive to young staff and families who need care for their family members. This is what is driving good managers away but feel like they can’t say anything or they’ll get in trouble before they’re ready to leave. Regional team is wonderful with nurse leader and human resources and director.
Rewarding
Although it was fast paced and hard work, just being around the same people who were seniors was super rewarding. Amazing management. cleaning resident suites was repetitive but great routine.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Revera Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9