Retirement Concepts Employee Review

View all Retirement Concepts reviews

Looking for answers
RCA (Former Employee) –  Nanimo31 August 2013
Would have liked to have been given a chance as a long time employee of Gardens as to why your company would not hire me as promised. I was a good employee and was never told I was not doing my job in the years I worked. I am in good standing just cannot understand for who's well being is this for, why did you post adds and hire students that you are recruiting and put them in our positions and then hire me to travel to another town with less pay sounds absurd like right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, or maybe just do not care.
With no reason and lots of questions,?????
Pros
Cons
lots

Other Retirement Concepts Employee Reviews

Supportive Team
Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 April 2018
Staff respectful towards each other. Management team works well together, communicates policy clearly within team. Flexibility of work life balance. Various care jobs that fit with lifestyle. Recognize and Promote each profession, rather than medical only. A caring and well rounded approach to client/resident/tenant care. A wonderful experience at Retirement Concepts, and would recommend this company to anyone inquiring.

As for the persons complaining, you make your own day, by demonstrating your ability to lead. Staff shortages are in every company and health village or facility, it is not a reflection on one company. As for gossip and back biting, do not allow this behavior, use assertiveness skills and speak out and confront when one employee harms another with bullying behavior.

A positive experience.
Pros
Clear policy and communication. Great teamwork. Respectful staff.
Cons
Environmental safety practices could benefit from fine tuning
Fast paced and challenging.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Quebec21 March 2018
Working at Retirement Concepts is an interesting endeavor. I worked there for only a short while but during that time there were lots of changes in the support office. The HR department has been replaced at least twice and that took place over the course of six months. The buildings are under staffed across every site. Our General Manager worked to get more staffing but it never worked. She was always told no.

On the plus side due to lack of training hours available every manager learns every other department managers skills. If you are good at gossip, being a weasel and good at back stabbing this is the company for you.

Money is well below average for any manager positions.
Pros
Lots of work, unique challenges, possibility of promotion
Cons
Long hours, little support, bullying atmosphere, unsafe work environment, understaffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retirement Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5