Retirement Concepts

Retirement Concepts Employee Reviews

High expectations and little recognition

The interview process was good, simple and quick. I left the interview feeling hopeful and enthusiastic about my future career with the company.I was a head office employee for over two years and I never received a raise or serious talk about advancement opportunities and/or a promotion. My work was outstanding and I decided that it was time to move on with another employer who would appreciate me and the amount and quality of work I provide.

Pros

Nice people, working to help elderly

Cons

Salary, growth/advancement opportunities, very busy, high expectations and little recognition

17 June 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience working at Retirement Concepts Head Office – West Coast Seniors Housing Management. We greatly value your feedback as we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites and Head Office. We are deeply sorry that your experience working with us fell short of your expectations. As an organization we are working on all processes including wage bands. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our upper management to improve our employee’s work experience. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts and West Coast Seniors Housing Management as an employer in the near future.

Read the reviews & RUN

Everything bad mentioned by other reviewers are dead on accurate- the positive ones are bought and bribed by staff members as the company is trying to burying the bad reviews profit is the only thing they really care about and it’s so disappointing when the sites team are doing all the real hard work while senior management are at home playing with background zoom pictures!

Pros

Staff and residents

Cons

Lowest paying wages in health care industry, lack of teamwork, micromanagement, bullying tactics

The company doesn't care about us

Shifts are extremely busy and extremely overwhelming. Often understaffed, sometimes purposefully understaffed due to the students (who can't provide direct care which is 75% of an RCA's job...) ((Students are not equal to an RCA guys.....)). Unsafe situations pop up regularly.I learned not to go to management with an issue. If you're lucky you'll have a great LPN who will help you otherwise nothing goes anywhere.Despite saying they were going to change, it's hard to get in contact with management at all. They don't seem to ever be there and they don't respond to emails. I find management completely unapproachable.Workplace culture is toxic because most staff are either regularly understaffed in their units or are working lots of overtime. Doesn't seem to be a lot of hope in the place, management don't care if you can't take breaks because of understaffing.The hardest part is dealing with the fact that the company really doesn't care about you or your health. Working understaffed causes caregiver fatigue over time and everyone should be getting breaks. At least there should be someone in management thanking us for dealing with this constantly. I like working with my residents, that's the best part.

Pros

I liked my residents

Cons

Management, scheduling issues, lack of breaks, not even allowed water bottles on unit during heat waves

19 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that your experience working at Retirement Concepts fell short of your expectations. Please connect with your General Manager or your HR representative regarding your experience. Please feel free to also reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors and want to ensure that your continuing employment with us is improved.

Very family oriented

Take care to ensure best care. That each resident feels comfortable and at home. That staff feel comfortable and capable. They keep standards up to date.

5 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

The Almighty Dollar

It seems that the management only cares about the bottom line. It’s sad to see the poor quality of care and food at this facility. Often understaffed and no accountability required. If you don’t show up to work. It doesn’t matter they don’t follow up with reprimands. Bullying amongst senior staff to newbies is common. For residents that can’t speak foe them selves they are treated like cattle not humans. Some nurses are burnt out and it is reflective in their care. Truly a sad place to work. I don’t miss it!!

Pros

Lots of OT available. Nice outside areas

Cons

Poor management support. Nepotism is prominent.

17 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that your experience working at Retirement Concepts fell short of your expectations. As a company, we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites. Please feel free to reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts as an employer in the near future. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

stressful environment.

Some staff are rude. Shortage with staff. too much workload. unfair management. scheduling at messed. there's 4 unit and if 1 unit has no nurse. one will do 2 unit (up and down). 2 other nurses will have 25-28 res. while i was doing 46.

31 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience working at Retirement Concepts. We greatly value your feedback as we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites. We are deeply sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts as an employer in the near future.

Poor

I’m proud of my job and feel so blessed to give out our best to our residents but sad to say don’t see management support at all. Management think only what to gain not a quality of care our residents deserve to receive. So sad but reality at guilford

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and are sorry that it fell short of your expectations. Please connect with your General Manager or your HR representative regarding your experience. Please feel free to also reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors and want to ensure that your continuing employment with us is improved.

Golden years

Working with the elderly everyday gives you a sense of fulfillment whenever they appreciate the care , love and respect that you give them . We are their voice when they can not speak for themselves ... we are their hands when they can’t do what they want to do.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive thoughts and experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

good place to work

The company is as good as the people working in it. If you have a strong team and you have similar goals, the work is better. I feel that here in GSV. We've become a family here and the atmosphere motivates coming to work.

6 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our page and are happy to learn about your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and connect with your General Manager directly should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

Best workplace ever!

Since day one of my work here I’m always happy and excited to go to work everyday. Awesome management and fun working with colleagues. I love the way they welcomed me since they one until now.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

Jobs at Retirement Concepts

See more jobs

Experiences I learned in GSV build my confidence

Working in Guildford Seniors Village taught me lots of experiences and skills on how to take good care of residents and on how to communicate with them effectively thus made me a better healthcare worker.

6 May 2021
Thank you for leaving a review on our page! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors!

Sense of belonginess

As a newly hired employee I would say that this company made me feel a sense of belonginess . Everyone is being treated with respect . This workplace had given me the chance to grow and see my potential as an individual .

6 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our page and are happy to learn about your positive experience with us! Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and connect with your General Manager directly should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors!

Camaraderie is real!

I've been working at Guildford Seniors Village for years and I've seen and been under different managements, changes here and there, but one thing is unchanged, the camaraderie is always there. This makes me stay and say that I am proud to be a GSV employee;-)

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer! We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

Good place for work

I like my work place .There are very good environment.We are working as a team .My team is very nice we help each other.we have very good management.Everyone on my work place working so hard.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors!

It's not only a job, it's a vocation.

The best part of my job that is rewarding is the relationship between the residents and myself. Knowing their experiences in life made me think that life is worth living. Life is precious.

13 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

Great Staff Great Managers

I was a casual cook here.Hired during the pandemic.My first LTC job and staff are supportive especially in the kitchen..Aman the director of support services is very approachable manager.It was different field of cooking for me. I would stay .sadly its only casual..great staff here

Love to work here

It’s a great working experience. Most staff are nice to work with, very nice and will help you with all the things you need to learn. I was able to easily adapt to the environment as each individual respect each other’s role. The workflow is organized.

Resident focused

Guildford seniors village is a good place to work at. The staff are friendly and hard working and everyone is dedicated towards their work. Our main goal is to come to work with positive energy and do our best for the residents and make them smile. Create a healthy environment to reduce stress.

13 May 2021

GSV is the best place to work

Since first day of my work I learned a lot up until now caring elderly with respect compassion and the qiality of life that you offer to them with dedication is very meaningful. The management is very accurate each time you have question. workplace culture even its different diversity is very respectful overall I really like this kind of Job.

Feedback

Overall is a great company to work with. The environment is favourable and people made me feel welcome. Challenges and hard times are inevitable. If employees are willing to work together with companies they become unstoppable.

Great workplace

GSV is a great workplace and I absolutely love the team. Everyone is very supportive and super welcoming. I got to learn a lot from GSV and feel proud that I am a GDV employee

13 May 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retirement Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement