Retirement Concepts
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Retirement Concepts Employee Reviews

Canada256 reviews

High expectations and little recognition

The interview process was good, simple and quick. I left the interview feeling hopeful and enthusiastic about my future career with the company.I was a head office employee for over two years and I never received a raise or serious talk about advancement opportunities and/or a promotion. My work was outstanding and I decided that it was time to move on with another employer who would appreciate me and the amount and quality of work I provide.

Pros

Nice people, working to help elderly

Cons

Salary, growth/advancement opportunities, very busy, high expectations and little recognition

17 June 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience working at Retirement Concepts Head Office – West Coast Seniors Housing Management. We greatly value your feedback as we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites and Head Office. We are deeply sorry that your experience working with us fell short of your expectations. As an organization we are working on all processes including wage bands. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our upper management to improve our employee’s work experience. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts and West Coast Seniors Housing Management as an employer in the near future.

Gestion déficiente

Méthode de recrutement douteuse; description de poste trompeuseGestion déficiente. Manque criant de communication entre les différents départements. Collaboration difficile où le respect des rôles et responsabilités de chacun n'est pas encouragé par la direction générale. On encourage la compétition plutôt que la collaboration

Pros

Avantages sociaux comparable au secteur d'activité Prix des repas abordables

Cons

Gestion déficiente de la part de la DG, On gère les urgences plutôt que de planifier, Salaire, Possibilité d'avancement pratiquement nulle, Pression inutile et échéancier de travail souvent irréaliste

Most Toxic Company l have ever worked for!

No support system whatsoever here. Managers are always back stabbing each other and gossiping with head office about other managers. Environment is very negative and Head office is not supportive. They expect you to go above and beyond for them but when you make simple mistakes they are quick to point fingers. Head office does not appreciate anyone's efforts. It's basically a money hungry company and managers leave monthly because they are overworked and unsupported. You can't even ask for help from anyone because they will immediately shame you for it. Very unsupportive environment and the company culture is just negative and terrible.

Pros

The residents are what made the job bearable

No staff rupport

Company in Monterey seniors village manage the staff poorly. They will not fight for you for a simple thing they will find fault on you and blame instead of mentoring you. It is dangerous to work in this facility.

Incredibly rewarding

I love working here. There is a truly dedicated management team who work diligently to ensure everyone’s needs are met. It’s very busy every day and as many places have, during the pandemic we have been experienced staffing shortages but from the nursing team and care staff to the housekeepers, cooks and servers, everyone is working tirelessly to ensure the residents feel little to no impact. Seeing the smiles on the residents faces makes every minute worth it. This is a great place to work and it will only get better with everyone’s continued efforts. I’m so proud to be a part of such an amazing organization.

Pros

Work life balance, competitive wages and benefits, working along side dedicated employees

Cons

Wish I had more time to give everyone

Not supported by management and always over tasked and under staffed.

It’s a job and I am putting in my time. There is favourites and too much nepotism. Quality of care is poor and it is all about the dollar. Residents are price tags.

Pros

I have a good team on my unit

Cons

Management doesn’t make people accountable understaffed

4 November 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience working at Retirement Concepts. We are sorry that your experience with us is falling short of your expectations. If you would like to further discuss your review, please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com. We will advise our communities of your feedback and will work towards improving your and our employee’s work experience with us. Please feel free to also directly connect with your General Manager or your HR representative. We value your contribution to the well-being of our seniors and appreciate your loyalty to our company. Thank you.

Worst staff attitude, residents complain alot about food, and maintenance of buildings. Always runs short staffed

They never have adequate supplies, co workers constantly complain about management, alot of cursing in kitchen, and very poor attitude of cooks. Many cooks verbally put down residents, by saying they dont care. Management sabotages employees self worth, when working hard, put down for showing others how much can be accomplished and keeping fridges clean was put as one persons responsibility instead if sharing tasks, as others didnt clean as adequately. Always had to fight for raises. Picketing in Dec screwed up all staff income that year. Not a Merry Christmas.

Pros

Told to eat leftovers

Cons

If you get caught eating leftovers you are fired. Makes people nervous for not wastinf

4 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that your experience working at Retirement Concepts fell short of your expectations. As a company, we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites. Please feel free to reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts as an employer in the near future. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

Read the reviews & RUN

Everything bad mentioned by other reviewers are dead on accurate- the positive ones are bought and bribed by staff members as the company is trying to burying the bad reviews profit is the only thing they really care about and it’s so disappointing when the sites team are doing all the real hard work while senior management are at home playing with background zoom pictures!

Pros

Staff and residents

Cons

Lowest paying wages in health care industry, lack of teamwork, micromanagement, bullying tactics

21 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

Horrible stressful place to work. As the Administrative Coordinator of Payroll and Financing, you’re on salary but you work free overtime

The residents are fabulous and I give huge kudos to the nurses and care aides, they all care about the residents. The Corporate factor is their weakness, they don’t care about staff or residents. Read all reviews before you make a decision to work there, I wish I did!!! Training is non-existent so good luck with that!

Pros

Cons

Tons

20 October 2021

The company doesn't care about us

Shifts are extremely busy and extremely overwhelming. Often understaffed, sometimes purposefully understaffed due to the students (who can't provide direct care which is 75% of an RCA's job...) ((Students are not equal to an RCA guys.....)). Unsafe situations pop up regularly.I learned not to go to management with an issue. If you're lucky you'll have a great LPN who will help you otherwise nothing goes anywhere.Despite saying they were going to change, it's hard to get in contact with management at all. They don't seem to ever be there and they don't respond to emails. I find management completely unapproachable.Workplace culture is toxic because most staff are either regularly understaffed in their units or are working lots of overtime. Doesn't seem to be a lot of hope in the place, management don't care if you can't take breaks because of understaffing.The hardest part is dealing with the fact that the company really doesn't care about you or your health. Working understaffed causes caregiver fatigue over time and everyone should be getting breaks. At least there should be someone in management thanking us for dealing with this constantly. I like working with my residents, that's the best part.

Pros

I liked my residents

Cons

Management, scheduling issues, lack of breaks, not even allowed water bottles on unit during heat waves

19 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We are sorry that your experience working at Retirement Concepts fell short of your expectations. Please connect with your General Manager or your HR representative regarding your experience. Please feel free to also reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors and want to ensure that your continuing employment with us is improved.

Very family oriented

Take care to ensure best care. That each resident feels comfortable and at home. That staff feel comfortable and capable. They keep standards up to date.

5 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

The Almighty Dollar

It seems that the management only cares about the bottom line. It’s sad to see the poor quality of care and food at this facility. Often understaffed and no accountability required. If you don’t show up to work. It doesn’t matter they don’t follow up with reprimands. Bullying amongst senior staff to newbies is common. For residents that can’t speak foe them selves they are treated like cattle not humans. Some nurses are burnt out and it is reflective in their care. Truly a sad place to work. I don’t miss it!!

Pros

Lots of OT available. Nice outside areas

Cons

Poor management support. Nepotism is prominent.

17 June 2021

stressful environment.

Some staff are rude. Shortage with staff. too much workload. unfair management. scheduling at messed. there's 4 unit and if 1 unit has no nurse. one will do 2 unit (up and down). 2 other nurses will have 25-28 res. while i was doing 46.

31 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience working at Retirement Concepts. We greatly value your feedback as we are continuously working on improving our employee’s experience across our sites. We are deeply sorry that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. Thank you for contributing to the well-being of our seniors. We hope you will re-consider Retirement Concepts as an employer in the near future.

Poor

I’m proud of my job and feel so blessed to give out our best to our residents but sad to say don’t see management support at all. Management think only what to gain not a quality of care our residents deserve to receive. So sad but reality at guilford

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and are sorry that it fell short of your expectations. Please connect with your General Manager or your HR representative regarding your experience. Please feel free to also reach out to recruitment@retirementconcepts.com if you would like to further discuss your review. We will share your feedback with our communities to improve our employee’s work experience. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors and want to ensure that your continuing employment with us is improved.

Golden years

Working with the elderly everyday gives you a sense of fulfillment whenever they appreciate the care , love and respect that you give them . We are their voice when they can not speak for themselves ... we are their hands when they can’t do what they want to do.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive thoughts and experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

good place to work

The company is as good as the people working in it. If you have a strong team and you have similar goals, the work is better. I feel that here in GSV. We've become a family here and the atmosphere motivates coming to work.

6 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our page and are happy to learn about your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and connect with your General Manager directly should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors.

Best workplace ever!

Since day one of my work here I’m always happy and excited to go to work everyday. Awesome management and fun working with colleagues. I love the way they welcomed me since they one until now.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

Experiences I learned in GSV build my confidence

Working in Guildford Seniors Village taught me lots of experiences and skills on how to take good care of residents and on how to communicate with them effectively thus made me a better healthcare worker.

6 May 2021
Thank you for leaving a review on our page! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors!

Sense of belonginess

As a newly hired employee I would say that this company made me feel a sense of belonginess . Everyone is being treated with respect . This workplace had given me the chance to grow and see my potential as an individual .

6 May 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our page and are happy to learn about your positive experience with us! Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and connect with your General Manager directly should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors!

Camaraderie is real!

I've been working at Guildford Seniors Village for years and I've seen and been under different managements, changes here and there, but one thing is unchanged, the camaraderie is always there. This makes me stay and say that I am proud to be a GSV employee;-)

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer! We appreciate your loyalty and contribution to the well-being of our seniors.

Good place for work

I like my work place .There are very good environment.We are working as a team .My team is very nice we help each other.we have very good management.Everyone on my work place working so hard.

6 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our page. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Please share your experience with your team, family, and friends, and communicate with your General Manager should you have suggestions for further improvements. Thank you for choosing Retirement Concepts as your employer and for contributing to the well-being of our seniors!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Retirement Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement