Retire-At-Home Services

Retire-At-Home Services Employee Reviews

During my time working for this company , I had outstanding support in most aspects of the job. The worst part of the job in my pinion , is there was no in-service offered where hcas could upgrade first aide or cpr courses. Or upgrade information on Alzheimer’s for example.
They charge custimers high and pay low, then claim not to be making a profit. Staff is not paid much mileage but expected to do sooooo much for the client who expects something for the high price...not realizing the staff get less than half of what is charged. A no win situation. The owner is a real piece of equipment that cannot be trusted. Not enough room to say it all here.
Pros
A good idea at the time...
Cons
A rip off in wages and mileage
Retire-At-Home has been such a great company to work for! Management is respectful and they work with my availability each month. I feel like a valued member of the team and rarely do not get a day off I have asked for. I have advanced in pay over my time here and get mileage for clients that require me to travel a distance. I would highly recommend this company to other health care providers!
Relaxed atmosphere. great team and management group There is autonomy and respect for experience and skills you bring to the table. Flexibility in work schedule is immensely helpful.
During interview process was told lots of hours! Was not the case! Was bullied by coordinator to work 7 days a week for a client that was only 2 hours per day. Company only cares about making money.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Low hours, split shifts.
If you are looking for a side job this is for you. Very inconsistent amount of work, especially for nurses looking to do case management. Very little independence and autonomy. Pay is very low compared to what RN should be making and paid by assessments done, or visits conducted, not really by the hour. You won't make much money if you are a nurse looking for work. Great for retired nurse.
The company believes in quality care for clients. They also care about their staff and work hard to give staff the schedules they request/desire. This is a great place to work!
Pros
Management available 24/7 to help with clients/concerns. Very flexible and caring!
Cons
Because it's casual, hours cannot be guaranteed
This is such a different experience than previous jobs I have had. The owner/manager of my local RAH is so great and hands on. And she never pressures you to overload your schedule or client load. The clients are lovely and the coworkers are dependable, which is amazing. It makes work enjoyable every day!
Pros
Flexible schedule, relaxed environment, training
Staff are lovely, you get lots of calls for new clients and the schedules can be around your school or other job. The only bad thing is that you pay for too much gas going from client to client
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Retire-At-Home Services?
Working one on one with clients was a unique way to focus attention on their daily needs and routines, giving them the attention that they deserve rather than an Institutional setting !
Pros
One on One
Cons
Getting from Client to Client
The staff got to know well all the office support of this organization as the pay was to be picked up in the office.Support was always available and it was a stress free enviroment
Pros
Scheduling of your one availability
Cons
small parking at the back :)
A typical day at work is I get to work with Seniors on a day to day basis and build great relationships with the clients. Our management is hard working, very friendly and efficient. My co-workers are nice but we do not run into one and other very often. The best part of my job is that it is so rewarding and I feel like I have contributed something good to society.
Pros
reward incentives, rewarding work, great relationships, paid travel time*
Cons
sometimes long distances to travel, patience is needed.
I have learned a lot from this company. It helped me grow as a being. It enhanced my knowledge and interpersonal skills in the industry of health care, and I enjoyed working here.