Results Fitness Lifestyle

Results Fitness Lifestyle Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Perfect job for students!
I have been working at RFL for 7 months now and it has been a wonderful experience. This job has the perfect atmosphere for a college/university student. Management is very supportive and flexible to the availability given to them and is always looking for ways to help its employees. The organizational culture is very dynamic, all the employees are well connected with one another which makes it easy to switch shifts. Residents are very kind and respectful when it comes to following facility imposed rules so you barely get into any conflicts. I have also definitely improved my communication skills thanks to this job!
Would recommend 10/10!
Fun and Relaxed Workplace
Day to Day job is very relaxed. Management is very professional and maintain clear communication. However, pay isn't as much, and it's more like. student job (part time) basis.
Great place for university students!
A typical work day at RFL includes daily equipment inventory, pool testing and basic office administrative tasks. Occasionally you'll meet with property management to discuss things going on around your site, or update them on deficiencies. Daily tasks vary from site to site, and you're able to work at your own pace to complete everything by the end of the day or in a specific time period. As long as you are able to multi task, you'll find this job to be a great fit.

The on board training for this role has been the most informative, informative,detailed and helpful training I have ever received for a job. The management team is extremely accessible and work their best to resolve any questions or concerns you have as quickly as possible. Along with aiding in scheduling, additional training and always treat staff with respect. All members of upper management seem to make it a point to connect with staff and it really showcases their commitment to ensuring a safe, healthy and enjoyable work environment.

The culture at RFL is inclusive and respectful. Staff are always in contact with one another for shift coverage or quick questions, so naturally a lot of friends are made at this job although you will be working alone most of the time. The job is also really flexible around a university/college schedule.

For me the best part of the job is speaking with clients/residents and being in a fitness driven space. The only things that I would warn against are if you don't like working alone this may not be the best fit for you, sometimes residents and clients do get aggravated
 - more...
Great
I started working for the company in 2017... its 2020. Need I say more?
I have nothing but a positive review to leave.

The management is very hands on and devoted to their staffs success.

Working here has taught me a lot, and helped me build professional skills that I will have for life!
Great place & people
Great opportunity for students, management is always there for you and very approachable. They have a lot of locations so there are always opportunities to get more hours if needed and advancement is always possible/encouraged. Good customer service, willingness to learn and patience is needed. Really straightforward job, would definitely recommend.
Do not apply for this job
- turn over rates are extremely high for a reason
- CEO of the company gets way too involved with employees and she tends to be too emotional

- work place is great if you want to chill and do not care about much

- some residents will verbally abuse and harass you

- management tends to do nothing about these matters

- unlawful termination
22 November 2019
Hello

If a staff's attitude toward the job as you have mentioned in your feedback

"you want to chill and do not care about much" will definitely get terminated as that is not a behavior and attitude we tolerate.

CEO of the company plus the managers are very involved with the day to day operations of each site and that has been the success of the business.

RFL have over 250 staff and do not have high turnover however we do give staff warning letters and training session and if they don't perform to company's standard they will be terminate.

We will wish you all the best

Results HR Department.
Amazing company, fantastic pt job.
I've been teaching for Results for years. The owners are very decent, management is professional. If you are a people person and can make quick rapport with service users this is a rewarding job and a great company to work for!Loads of pros - flexibility, competitive pay, security on site, good structure for emergency situations. No cons!

substitutes

Con
Great staff and Management Teams. Flexible Hours.
Results Fitness Lifestyle has been a great place to work throughout the course of my university studies. They have always been very accommodating in working with me around my school schedule. They also have great Recreation Staff who communicate well when and/or if coverages are needed. Management supports their staff through any on site incidences or issues and takes staff feedback into consideration. All recreation staff that I have met have been a pleasure to work with. Many of them being motivated, friendly students and hard working individuals.

I'm truly glad to have had the opportunity to grow with this company, as I plan to continue to do so throughout the course of the my studies and potentially beyond.
Rfl
I started working for Results during a University strike. It's since been 4 that I'm with them. I've witnessed them grow as a company and as a management team, and I've had the privilege to contribute to this growth.
My 2 positions with this company are Recreation Coordinator and Personal Trainer.

The former is a Customer Service focused position: I am responsible for the proper function and smooth operation of a condo Recreation Centre. This includes testing fitness equipment, pool and spa maintenance, and of course greeting residents and helping facilitate their recreational activities.

The latter position of Personal Trainer speaks for itself, however it's important to mention that Results supplies me with clients, and I am free to design my own schedule with them, which is a big pro.

Throughout my time with Results I have always felt supported by my management team, particularly by the Owner. I know that in a time of need the management will always step in to help and support me.

The hardest part of the job will be different for everyone, but if you are willing to simply do the tasks that are given to you (there are not that many, and they are not that hard), and be a sociable person, there is no reason you shouldn't enjoy this job.
A relaxed paced job with the support of a hard working team filled with opportunities for growth.
A typical day at work for Results Fitness Lifestyle involves duties such as performing pool maintenance, reporting any issues to management, completing a start of day/end of day checklist, completing little tasks such as admin work, counts, check ups around facilities. Your experience depends on the mentality you come in with to perform your job. For example, If you're willing to learn and grow, this is a perfect job opportunity for that or if you'd like to just relax and go at steady pace mentally this job is also a great opportunity for that.

My time working for Results Fitness Lifestyle has always been a great experience, whether it's learning something new at the job, looking back at all the hard work I completed through out the day, or talking with new and friendly faces (clients/residents) I've made friendships with that don't fail to put a smile on my face.

Management is amazing and are always trying their best to help even when they have a lot on their plate. The work place culture you can expect is a pro that this job has, you get to meet and interact with a great amount of people, talking to new people and providing them exceptional customer service with the help of management. Their will obviously be some that'll give you a hard time but that's to be expected just like with every other job and what's great is that in the case of experiencing such difficulties, the role of this job doesn't obligate you to go through them, it is your job to get the message through and no more.

The hardest part of the job is mostly performing pool maintenance just because
 - more...
Fun and amazing
Great place to work at, managers and upper management are very nice and able to work around your schedule. Very understanding and such a wonderful environment
Great company
I have been working for this company for almost 2 years, and I have to admit this is by far the best job I've ever had. Management is very supportive, and helpful. They have shown so much appreciation for all the hard work I have done and continue to do for this company.

There are many opportunities for you to grow within this company. I have learned many skills working here like time management, communication skills and any more. Your hard work will never go un-noticed. A typical day at work consists of daily reports (pool maintenance, depending on which site you work at), keeping the recreation area organized and maintained and greeting all residents with a friendly smile and answering any questions they may have about the facility. For most part of the day you are by yourself so you can establish your own routine for your daily tasks.

I highly recommend this job to anyone who is in school looking for a part time job. Management is very flexible with what days you work, and it is a set schedule. You also feel a part of a team with all staff in this corporation. If you ever have any questions you can ask ay staff and they will be there to guide and assist you. There are also manuals for almost everything that you do while working your shift that you can look back on if you ever forget a certain procedure, or how to do a daily task !
Pros
Flexible, great management and staff
I worked therefor 2 months and they’ve never paid me.
I don’t recommend them as they’ve never paid me. I worked there for 2 months teaching pilates in March and April 2019 and they’ve never paid me. I’ve been sending so many emails and messages to the person who hired me and he keeps promising that someone will get back to me, the person who’s in charge of their payroll is away, the owner is away, and so many otger excuses. Very disrespectful of people’s time and energy!
18 July 2019
Hello
Our instructors get paid on a monthly basises. These comments are 100% inaccurate as we have 2 people on our payroll division and they never go away at the same time, same with the owners.

Please sent us an email if this is a real feedback you can email one of the owners at penny@resultsfitnesslifestyle.com

HR department
good for temporary student who can deal with politics in company
As a recreation coordinator the :
Company is unfair, gives no benefits, pays less than minimum wage.

The company also has management that doesn't care for employees as much as they say they do

Management does not deal with giving warnings or update to employees about their progress, so the chance of you making any mistake here you will end up getting fired

Company does not provide any stability for staff.
Pros
nice environment, easy work
Cons
careless management, low pay
28 June 2019
Hello
It is against labour law to pay less than minimum wage, we don't pay minimum wage or less. As it was explained a person would get fired if they breach their contract regardless of their reasoning.

We are sorry that your feel that way but it is crucial for any employee to follow the rules & regulation and follow their contractual agreement that they have signed.

We wish you all the best in your future.

Penny Pusitz CEO
Enjoy getting paid to do nothing? look no further
A typical day at work involves clocking in, filling out start of day and end of day reports, greeting the residents. Pro of the job is that it is unsupervised and you can get away with not getting the job done.
The hardest part of the job is cleaning the pool but you can get away with not doing it. The management team will let you get away with anything and always has your back. Con of the job is management is not professional.
10 May 2019
Hello
It is unfortunate that you felt this way about the position and the job.

We always do our best to make sure our staff feel supported by RFL management.

We wish you the best on your future endeavours.

-RFL Management Team
Great workplace, highly recommend!
Favourite job I have worked so far. The training at the start is very engaging and overwhelming at first, but you get into your own routine. What I liked the most is that everything in this job is laid out for you in detail. There are manuals outlining everything you need to do if you need more guidance, and everything is very organized.
I am more of an outside of the box thinker and every time I suggested any type of improvement my operations manager took it into consideration and implemented it if it was justified. You always have on-call managers ready to help you should you need the support. I learned many valuable customer service skills dealing with the various residents. This job has enabled me to think quicker on my feet and become a better communicator as sometimes you encounter some more difficult residents.

The whole team is very kind. I would highly recommend applying.
My favourite job ever
I have worked for Results Fitness Lifestyle for over a year and it has been the best experience of my life. The owners of the company Penny & Peter have been nothing but amazing and patient with myself. If I ever make a mistake, they have always had my back and worked with me to fix it as they are extremely understanding.

I so enjoy coming to work everyday so I rarely take time off but whenever I needed it, they were very understanding and always provided me with the time I need.

The job is low stress and there is so much support from management whenever something comes up on the job.

I have developed so many characteristics from my position as Recreation Coordinator in just one year that will definitely benefit me in the long run. Some examples are, I have built strength and learned not to take things personally when people are upset with you. The position is taught me to think outside the box and be a lot more creative. All my weakest attributes have been significantly improved in just a year of working this position.

I am beyond grateful for this job and am excited for what my future holds with this company.

I recommend this position for all students as it is very easy to maintain with any school schedule. Also the hours aren't too bad so you still have a lot of time for studying or having a social life.
Pros
Set Schedule, Learning Experience, Great Management, Room For Advancement
Great Work Experience
Working for Results was a breath of fresh air. I was a University student and this job was perfect, the managers always worked with my schedule especially when it came time to my school schedule. They were very understanding and flexible. The job itself was very straight forward. You learn the rules of the condo and make sure to implement it with the residents. Obviously it may get difficult as these residents are not always the nicest, but Penny and the managers are always there to assist us. I unfortunately had to leave since I was offered a job in my field. I would highly recommend this job to individuals in school.
Pros
Great Management, Flexible Hours, Good Pay
Cons
None!
Perfect for Students!
I worked for Results for 3 yrs at a massive condo, I had to leave my position because I graduated from University and landed a job in my field. I wanted to drop a few lines since this was by far one of the best jobs I had. Our site supervisor was amazing so were the upper management in the company. I improved my problem solving, customer service and dealing with different people every day. I met awesome friends, worked with bunch of amazing people. What I really appreciated was when I did make a mistake at work Results upper management always found a solution and got involved even though I worked on my own during a shift. They protect their staff and support them daily. Thank you Results for the experience and support. Will definitely miss working for this company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Don't bother
I didn't have a great experience. Honestly, this job isn't even worth how much you get paid. Like you shouldn't be getting paid minimum wage to clean and vacuum pools and spas. You can find so many other jobs that actually pay you for how much you work.
Pros
nice residents
Cons
low pay
not worth it
You get paid minimum wage to clean pools and spa, vacuum the pool, clean the gym, test ph levels and greet residents. It's not really worth the pay since they expect you to do all this and state this is a customer service job. You work alone but management look at cameras to see what you did that day.
Pros
nice residents
Cons
pay for the workload
28 May 2018
Thank you for your feedback.

The duties that entail this Recreation Coordinator position are clearly outlined throughout the hiring process including the job ad. Each candidate is asked if they are comfortable with performing pool and spa maintenance. The nature of this role is Customer Service focused as you are the first point of contact for resident inquiries regarding the Recreation Facility.

As it is an unsupervised role, Management checks cameras to validate feedback they receive regarding employee misconduct. Cameras are not reviewed on a day-to-day basis.