Restaurant Associates Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Account Manager for Societe Generale (Current Employee) –  London20 March 2019
A great place to work with great management structure in place.
A day at work was never the same with a wide variety of actions in place.
I learned a great deal at Restaurant associates from a leader point of view, new processes and about myself. Due to the size of Restaurant Associates?compass it showed me certain buying power larger companies have.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients that understand the catering industry. So often we are an afterthought but here this was not the case.

Hardest part of the job was getting answers from Compass. Some of the processes are so long winded it would take a long time for anything to get done/be approved.
low wage
Steward (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA12 March 2019
The only thing good about working there is the schedule. You can request any day off and any number of days. Everything else is bad. No career advancement, no training and some kind of favoritism for spanish-speaking people. I would not recommend.
Fun to work but management skills could use a little work
Beef a roo & Garrets (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL5 March 2019
My review would be that the management for fast foods has went down very much from the past four years ive worked at beef a roo. It is fun to work at times but when certain things needs to be down, nothing is never done. I also need a job that pays me well i live on my own and beef a roo and garretts salary is having me struggle a bit.
dish washer
Texas Roadhouse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL28 February 2019
I worked with the dishwasher. I learned that I had to work together as a team it helped the dishwashing process go a lot faster. I really liked putting the dishes on to the machine and I was pretty good at it
We are working in shifts every month and we have concieve enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tx30 January 2019
Our company all us to keep our tips because we get tips through our good customer care and tips a blessings not everyone gets tips in our company but i hear in other countries tips are allow by every customers
Pros
True we get free lunch, breakfast, transport
Cons
We dont get shortbreaks unless your sick
i loved working with such friendly coworkers and interacting with the public
Cracker Barrel Server (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL25 January 2019
i enjoyed my host position i found it rewarding ,fast past. challenging and interesting. I enjoyed the experience of working more one on one with the public i had more personal contact and i found that to be what i enjoyed in my position.
Pros
i enjoyed contacting with customers an co workers an i loved working
Cons
i didnt give me more hours like i wanted
Butler
Butler/Expediter/Sweep Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 January 2019
So, for my needs, RA was great. I was an actor looking for well paid part time work that allowed me time off for auditions. So, that's what it was. I worked when I wanted and how I wanted. They have strict "being on time" standards and grooming standards, so I think as long as you can deal with that, you're fine. I didn't care because it was a requirement so I just did it. I showed up when I was supposed to, I did what was asked of me, etc. My good managers knew I was dependable and gave me additional responsibilities which I appreciated. I liked my co-workers for the most part. Folks usually were good matured and had fun at work. I think the big thing is its not consistent work. Certain times of the year there would be NOTHING, like you'd make maybe 85$ a week. So, I couldn't pay bills on that. I also felt like, since I was a good and hard worker, I wanted more recognition and advancement, and I didn't feel like that was available to me. I had managers who appreciate what I did very much, and that's nice, but it would have been nice if the big bosses in the office would have provided me an opportunity to earn more income, and give me more responsibility. I would have stayed with the company of that had happened.
Pros
Food while working, flexible schedule, good co-workers and managers, and you get to be at some cool NYC events.
Cons
Lack of work during parts of the year, grooming standards, they made you pay for your uniform, LONG hours at times, always being tired.
Good for learning and growth
Baker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC19 January 2019
Good place for learning and growth. I've definitely improved my skills and knowledge. Good opportunity to create new items for customers. Dedicated employees.
Pros
Meal plan, sick and vacation time
Cons
Poor management
Lunch break
White Castle (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY18 January 2019
I had got a tip by giving customer food contact and making sure that everything was right for there order. The company was nice and clean and organized
Cons
Short breaks
Excelent work environment
Charlie browns (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJ7 January 2019
I work hard to get the job done .. and maintain a healthy work environment .working together is my main goal ..having customers and employees be happy with each shift
Pros
Working the best of my abilities
Cons
When employees do not work as a team
Restaurant Associates
Director Dining Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NY30 December 2018
This is a great company to work for. They stay current and ahead of trends, hire the best people and expect the best performance from all of their employees.
Front of House Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC29 December 2018
Growing company, flexible days & hours.
I started working September 2016 & in July 2018 I got a promotion for Front House Lead & I plan on improving in the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Downstairs
First job and great learning experience
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 December 2018
The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my first job location where I learned how to interact with customers and associates. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to Director.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Worked many hours
Great place to work for work/life balance
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 December 2018
Great place to work overall to have a life and be in the food service industry based on that they have corporate hours.
I learned a lot about the business end of the food service industry.
I loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL11 December 2018
Loved it I just love people anyway. I will work hard and I'm very respectful. I'm go to work on time I'm never late. Ilove to stay busy..................
Very fun and calm work place
Pumpernickles (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NY10 December 2018
I loved everyday at my job there was not a day I didn’t want to go to work . I was there a little earlier then everyone else and was able to do some housekeeping work in the dining room
Productive place to work
Expediter (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 December 2018
A typical day at work was, checking and delivering orders, interacting with clients. There was always something new to learn, management was professional. The hardest part of the job was when you was outside.The best part of the job was delivering the clients orders.
Its like working with family
Café Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY25 November 2018
It really depends on the unit and its location on how busy you will be and the different daily work operations.You will learn a lot and its like i tell my staff we see each other more than our own family so lets just all get along.
Friendly staffs
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neamț23 November 2018
Good restaurant and a good quality of food. Most of time is very busy and you have to be patient until you get served. Once you get the food you will not regret it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
i enjoy the restaurant atmosphere
El Pueblito (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CA18 October 2018
I greatly enjoyed working at El Pueblito because of the fast paced work environment.

The guests were great and friendly.

I never thought I would enjoy handling food as much as I did.
Pros
free food
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Restaurant Associates. Our community is ready to answer.