Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Reviews

Delusional senior management
Maintainence (Current Employee) –  Fernie, BC19 March 2019
Not a great ski resort to work at. They like to pretend that they care but in reality you are just another number. I can understand why this is, with so many seasonal staff that are gone is 6 months.

Work becomes a bit scarce over certain periods for many departments which means that you will more than likely need a second job. But when you have a second job RCR will expect you to give them priority and drop everything, otherwise they will threaten to take your ski pass.

Culture is great but that is purely due to the other staff members being fun. They do a few staff parties during the season where you will get 2 beers and some pretty average food.

My strong advice would be to just get a job in town and pay for a season pass. Only thing that makes it slightly worth it is being able to ski on your lunch break.
Pros
Ski during lunch times
Cons
Payed peanuts, high commitment expectations that are not reciprocated, fluctuating hours.
22 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually trying to improve so we appreciate every bit of feedback we get. Our business levels do change based on guest visitations and the weather and we strive to communicate this accurately to our staff. We will share the information you provided with our leadership team.

We agree with you that our culture is great – and this is due to our staff. We are so fortunate to work with a team of passionate individuals who all care deeply about outdoor mountain pursuits and providing our guests with the best vacation and recreation experience possible.

Productive and full workplace with a ski pass privilege
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB29 October 2018
This position provided me with excellent entry level opportunities in the accounting field. It provided a great work and life balance. The best part was having a season ski pass privilege.
such a great place to work
rental assistant (Former Employee) –  kananaskis alberta16 February 2017
great place to work the winter season in canada, great staff benifits!!!!! managment are pretty good as long as you do your job, staff acomm if great
Pros
free ski pass to over 5 resorts in canada and the usa
Cons
nothing
13 July 2017

Thank you for your review of Nakiska Ski Area. Our staff benefits are awesome and they not only include a ski pass but also pro deals, epic views, as well as discounts on gear, rentals, food & hotel accommodations at various resorts.

Progressive, open to new ideas, great culture
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC12 February 2016
Great pace to work, and learn. The people are amazing, and the lifestyle is one to be envied. If you are looking for a short term gig with some top notch people who love mountain culture, this is the company you want to work for,
Pros
free skiing, mountain biking, meet people from all over the world.
Cons
Transient staff, pay is on the lower end.
13 July 2017

Thank you - our staff are "top notch" and Fernie Alpine Resort defines mountain culture.

Outdoorsy Life Style
Ski Instructor and General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC22 September 2014
Management was the worst i worked for because i felt like a number in a corporation.

I become a much better skier and snowboarder

My co-workers were great and easy going

hardest part of the job was not getting any work and living off almost no money

Most enjoyable part of the day was being able to ski and snowboard some of the worlds best terrain and snow!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resorts of the Canadian Rockies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2