Resort Municipality of Whistler Employee Reviews

Great people, great sulture, great perks
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC19 June 2018
This was by far one of the best jobs I have ever had. My bosses were awesome, great attitude, super supportive and a great staff to work alongside. Feels like a family. I always looked forward to going to work. The benefits offered to full time employees is unbeatable, and they really stand behind their staff. People don't often leave their positions at the RMOW, so if you are looking to move up in the company, you may be waiting a long time.
Pros
Events, perks, benefits
Cons
Hard to move up
Great summer workplace for a student
Turf Crew (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC8 May 2018
Great first exposure to the union workforce, fun crews and easy going supervisors. Safety equipment provided, great equipment in excellent shape and always professionally maintained.
One of the best places to work
Parks & Trail Operations and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC25 June 2017
Everything about the RMOW was fantastic.
amazing location, wonderful people, a cohesive group, dedicated to Whistler and your personal wellbeing, all and all it was one of the best places I have worked.
roads crew is a great bunch of uys
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC29 October 2013
the job is great but winter hours of work make it hard on a family
Pros
people
Cons
start time of work
Great crew working in the great outdoors
Village Maintenace (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC23 April 2013
A typical day at work involved morning clean up where we would begin at 7am and clean the village stroll from top to bottom and change all the garbage's and walk everywhere doing litter pick up. After that we would start other various jobs like pressure washing, putting up or taking down banners and christmas lights, replacing paving stones, changing light bulbs, removing or installing benches, sanding and staining benches and fences and general cleaning of the village. I learned how to use an assortment of tools and machines. Management could have been better organized and communication between management and staff needed work. We worked as a pair each day and all my co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather, ranging from -20 with lots of snow to shovel to +30 some days working in the heat of the sun.
The most enjoyable part was being able to use an assortment of equipment and also being out doors in the mountains.