Residence Inn by Marriott

Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Canada71 reviews
In my opinion, the place is ok. You work hard but the people are helping one another. Some people have disagreements but it doesn't mean that other places don't face similar situations. Culture is a variety by everyone tries to do their best to support one another. Management is ok.
Pros
Nice people, trying to do their best!
Cons
Hard work
You have to RUN!!! Please I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!
if you don't, You will see how terrible management is...

GM is very cheap... here is one story about him

if you are a kitchen staff and what are gonna do when you find some soggy fruit in the fridge? Generally Throw it away... But he said "you can make juice by using this fruit and put it on the table in the staff room."

I was shocked and i decided to leave this awful place...

This is a 100% True story.
Pros
N/a
Cons
poor management!!!!
The Management is very toxic, Especially the GM he is old and perharps feel frustrated in life.

I am amazed how an investor will employ someone who doesn't know the act of service and hospitality to stir the ship in such a brand. The GM is old and runs the hotel as if it is family affairs. His wife, children and boy friend uses the restaurant as if it is their home extension.

I will not recommend the hotel for anyone. Supervisor does the work of housekeeper, laundry attendant, bellman, cleaner and whatever the GM feels like and earn $14 per hour, this is a real joke.

Very stereotype, i wanted to implement some changes buy meet brick wall.

The hotel has one uneducated housekeeping attendant that the GM upgraded to supervisor, the lady is high temper, gossip and uncultured.

The investors need to move quickly to salvage the hotel otherwise, the hotel is going down the drain.
Pros
n/a
Cons
re-engineer the organisation
Great experience there wonderful bosses everyone is so friendly. Would definitely recommend. Sometimes very clicky but other then that had a great time
Great spacious rooms, suites and studios feature flat screen cable TV, with all other amenities,

Excellent breakfast, including 24/7 tea and coffee.

Good services at front desk with underground parking for all guests.

Meet new people and make their trips to London comfortable and memorable.
every co-woker was very help and the management was good always welcoming and open door where you can come in and talk to them about anything that is your mind
Pros
friendly and welcoming
Cons
long hrs
its good to worked except for the fact that the breakfast leader is not fun to worked with.sometimes i experience of not treating me properly.salary is not fair for the work your doing.but to be fair the manager is na nice person.if you have patience you can worked here but if not dont apply here.
The General Manager was excellent. Professional and approachable. Staff recognition was above average and there was always training opportunities occurred daily. Excellent team approach.
It's a great place to work at since there's not many employees, so you get to know each one of them. And that increases a good working environment, where everyone helps everyone.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Residence Inn by Marriott?
i am almost 4 years working as a breakfast attendant and on my 3rd year they made me as a cook and at the same time as a supervisor.i love my worked but the thing is they promote me but my salary still the same.and sometimes i had to deal with my co workers in the kitchen that is really hard to be with.but not all.but in fairness i do have a good time working at marriott.
Honestly I left there after a month or so, way too many new faces , like 20 ish people quitting cause the worst management ever( the GM is a ignorant ugly mean looking guy who always in a bad mood for no reason. Catty coworker , , toxic leadership, POOR labour Standards, Drama in all departments , CRAZY heavy workloads, BAD pay , strongly NOT recommended to work here!
Enough hours even in the off season. Some guests are long term, so you get to interact with them regularly. On a bus route. Beautiful view. Management was easy to get along with.
The hotel is really getting back to a good place. They have a solid management team and are working to appreciate employees. I love coming to work every day with the powerful team that we have and I feel very supported.
Good place to work. There is a team work between employees. There is communication between co-workers. There is good attendance and co-workers can depend on themselves.
Cons: your office is one the ground floor- no sun. Unionized environment
Prons: good management, not high turnover. Which is good in the way, but in the other way - to many old people.
Great wonderful staff & Management.
I highy recommend this place, it's a place for greeting guests that welcoming them and it is wonderful amazing place by the water where guests can have the best view in town overlook to wofle island this winter you be amazing by the view.
People is not that bad. The boss was a little creepy with the girls. Low salary for the number of task you should do. During winter the quantity of clients is too much and the hotel kitchen is not ready to managed that much people.
Loved my time at the Marriott. Great training, benefits and culture. New location in the downtown core will be a iconic spot in the downtown core for years to come.
Basically I started to work there in July 2019 as a housekeeping supervisor , there the supervisor clean rooms , inspection , doing laundry , and bell person at the same time ; the rate is below average ($14.50 )
Since I started worked there, it were already 15 people quit the job due to the poor management and toxic environment ; after trying couple shift I decided to resign the position as well, good luck with the hotel business running like this , the employer didn’t know how to appreciate their staff, instead of putting them in trouble every day ! if you are the one still want to apply for this hotel , please take my advice with you,
Pros
Cons
Poor management, toxic environment
During the time I was working there, Management was really nice. Felt like being part of a family. Great people to work with. I worked mostly with Pioneer staff there who were awesome and willing to do to help each other out
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
salary
They lacked in understanding and hearing each other. Diversity was a problem. Management was clueless. Couldn't ask questions and when we were able it was a different outcome in the information.