Residence Inn by Marriott Employee Reviews

Loved this place
Housekeeper/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 May 2019
Loved this job pay was OK, Management was great she really understood things happen. Made many friends and memories while working there, Would still work there is i didnt move.
Bad management dont know anything !!!!
f+B (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2019
The managers are disturbed they do not know anything let alone how to lead. The Culture is decent for the most part and working hours are awful. working here was not fun
Pros
most of the people are ok with the odd fools.
Cons
managers, manager, managers, cant do anything correctly let alone lead
Changed my life forever
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 February 2019
Working with Marriott was the best employment experience I have ever had to date. Flexible management is embraced with an open door policy and sincerity.

While working with the team in Moncton my entire approach on customer service transformed, raising the bar with each interaction I had with the staff & guests. All in all the best learning opportunity I have had the fortune to encounter since school.

Thank you Marriot, and the team in Moncton for helping me become the worker I am today.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, weekly snacks, anazing co workers
Cons
None to speak of
Bom ambiente de trabalho
Bartender (Former Employee) –  TORONTO, ON, CA7 February 2019
Todos que trabalhavam comigo eram pacientes, amigáveis e prestativos!!!
Pros
boa chefia
Cons
Não paga horas extras
well oganized management
Room Attendant Saskatchewan, Canada (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2019
the office is always full of hope and wellness.
The way manager ,manage the jobs and shifts and take control of every thing have done in the best way is really appreciative .
And the management patronize what really customers want and need is the most strength of this work place.
Toxic work environment
Valet (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2019
Been at this hotel for 2 years part time as a doorman. No raise in 2 years and managers expects you to do full time hours. Revolving door at all positions at this hotel. Staff use this hotel as a training ground and immediately move on when they find a better job. I have seen lots of great people leave. Moral is super low. As a doorman making minimum wage I am expected to valet cars and be a bellman dealing with luggage. Thank God I am part time at this place. Low tips in comparison to other hotel.
Pros
Part time only
Cons
Management and super high turnover.
Such a nice place to work,
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2019
The management is so helpful and the workplace culture is well maintained.
The staff is friendly and all of us follow rules and regulations as listed by the work agencies.
Encouraging and Respectful
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON16 December 2018
I absolutely loved the time I spent working at the Residence Inn by Marriott. My managers were always willing to listen and were so helpful. It really felt like working with friends. Everybody was always positive and looking for ways to make the experience for the guest special; which made my experiences working there special. I always felt welcomed to bring concerns and suggestions to my manager and they were quick to respond. We got so many benefits: monthly staff lunches, discounts at all Marriotts, discounts at local tourist attractions, etc.
Pros
Free breakfast, positive atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Less hours in slow seasons
short work hours
Hostess/buffet (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2018
hosting customers and seating them short work weeks. pay was high but not a lot of hrs in the week to work
bartended to customers. enjoyed this more.
wore a uniform
agreable
Cuisinier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2018
le jour de travail sont tres agreable et les personnes son tres gentils
Pros
repas gratuite
Cons
le salaire
Very Nice environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
It was fun working at the residence inn Toronto Airport. I love my job and what I did. I enjoyed my time over there tremendously.

Whatever it maybe, loving your job and doing it with dedication and passion makes any job worthwhile.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Night Shift is difficult
Alright
Front Desk, Night Audit, & Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 September 2018
I honestly left because of other catty co-workers here and the at work drama. As well as the content changing of management. When I first started there actually was none.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Very labour intensive work
fair place to work
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick16 August 2018
i feel this hotel could have an over haul
staff are nice but if your an manger and or higher
you get treated better
long work week when your not ask to do
drama style please
the managers seem to pick on the hard workers and the ones who call in the most get more of a better treatment
Pros
good hours
Cons
under work setting
Loving and Caring
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada20 July 2018
When you love your job, you look forward to going to work, that is how i felt. Bright and shine morning meeting up with the staffs that I am going to start off my day with a smile, than meeting all my guest and greeting them with a huge smile, listening to them. Management always there to ask how we are on the day. We have a lot of cultures in Marriott, learning their way of live and habits.
Hardest part - When i try my best to do what I can and does not succedee.
Enjoyable - When you see a guest saying thank you and will be back again.
good experience
Breakfast attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 June 2018
welcoming and helpful staff that you could rely on. Friendly faces. Lead to better performance when dealing with the customers. The customers always and forever came first, which was very important.
safe work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baintree29 May 2018
Was a safe workplace , I worked five or six day per week and weekends.Learned to do my duties more fast , and correctly. There was respectful and supportive workplace culture.
Pros
free ride
Cons
law salary
Best Working Environment Ever!!!!
Guest Service Agent/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2018
I learned a lot of things at the Residence Inn. The GM, and the Managers were fantastic and were always there to help you out when you had a question. It was more like a family than work associates.
At Residence Inn We Believe
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 March 2018
The workplace culture is amazing. With a great team, coming in to work is very easy and pleasant. Upper management gives lots of authority to staff and will always back you up.
Productive and fun great place to work.
Night Auditor, Guest Services, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON30 October 2017
Great work ethics, work balance, great staff, endless possibilities for advancement, always updated, on going training, amazing work culture and it is always busy.
Guest Services Focused Team
Guest Services Manager/Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2017
Excellent place for people who wish to help others and provide top level guest services. Small team, with lots of things you can learn about hospitality if you wish.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
Shift Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Residence Inn by Marriott. Our community is ready to answer.