Research Institute of the McGill University health Centre

Research Institute of the McGill University health Centre Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
RI-MUHC is a great place to work for a limited time but not somewhere to stay, at least not if you are not a faculty, physician or director. For most positions there is no advancement possibility. The benefit package is good but salaries are ridiculously low. It offers a very positive work environment though: nice colleagues, nice ambiance, very well equipped, and you get to work with real experts. Overall, it will be a positive experience for you.
Pros
Positive work environment, flexible working hours, good work-life balance
Cons
Low salaries, low chance of career development
it was a great place for beginning, with friendly environment and colleagues and the difficulty depends on the supervisor that accepted you and also the project you should handle.
Started as a graduate student and continued working as a research assistant at the RI. Learned a lot of new research techniques and met a lot of researchers. Hard to compare management because every lab has a different person hiring and managing staff.
Graduate students work lots of hours including weekends
Pay is low

Postdoctoral fellows don't get any benefits

Workplace culture is challenging

Sometimes get free lunches
Milieu de travail détendu et ouvert.
Horaires de travail flexible.
Encourages collaboration between researchers and clinicians.Brings together pediatrics and adults research programs with several different research axis. Patient-care centered research.
Work place culture is good but a bit slow. Also, very limited growth opportunities. The location is great and it has multiple eating options on its campus.
Pros
Free lunches and activities some days
Cons
Salary is low
MuHC is a Clinical research center with all the facilities that you need. It is so friendly, calm and it has many high-ranked PIs and researchers.You are enjoying your research time, as you are very free to follow your ideas in science.
Large institution with subdivisions and different departments all within one centre.
It can be a wonderful place to work for the clinical staff and access to research facilities for more unified positioning for research and health discovery.
McGill is the home of the start of the field of medicine. The library facility and the scientific environment is very enriched and fun to work at. The hardest part of the job was the winters.
Pros
Friendly scientists very collaborative
Cons
long winters
busy work with a happiness every day.
The seminars are useful.

very good relationship with my co-works.

There are lot new equipments.
Pros
no free things
Cons
we can accumulate overtime work hours then get payment or vacation.
I do not recommend this company.
Big turnover. Salary not worth it

Great co-workers, but management are so lost. I'll leave it at that...
Great working environment
Great hours

Great benefits

Team working
We are an academic research institute. I have learned many interdisciplinary research skills. Our working hours are flexible, but occasionally I needed to work in the weekends and after hours. My co-workers are Drs and PhDs from all over the world. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on a cutting-edge technology of bioscience.
During my stage at the RI MUHC I interacted with a very solid, professional, quiet, and nice team. The co-workers taught me a lot of new things and I enjoyed completing the tasks they were preparing for me. Every morning I was very exciting to wake up and go to work because their support, encouragements, guidance and patience were remarkable.
I have learned to arrange a meeting schedule for the rest of the year and to reserve any of the conference rooms available; to scan, check and filed Signing authority forms; to close accounts. I have enjoyed all the tasks I accomplished. Therefore, the hardest part of the job was talking on the phone (emotions).

I greatly appreciate the attention of RI MUHC staff toward me.