RESCo Energy

RESCo Energy Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
In the solar industry, there isn't a typical day.
They vary from weeks of eight hour workday testing, analyzing and fixing, to working twelve hours days plus, while deployed to remote exotic locations building and commissioning sophisticated solar photo voltaic power plant installations that incorporate energy storage, around the big wide world.
Pros
While on office site amazing restaurant and any time food and beberage services
Cons
No complains. One of the top companies doing solar photo voltaics in North America.
had a great experience it was hard work but nothing I'm not use to supervisors were good to work for very professional and were great with breaks we were installing solar panels in the middle of the summer and they made sure we knew not to over work our selves
I haven't worked for this company for some time now but when i did there was a good work culture with all all employees.
Management was okay but not exactly the most supportive.
RESCo is a great place to work. You suppose to deal with all variety of DG projects mostly commercial grade, interacting with customers, learning safety practices.
Good company but not good for long term. Solar is no longer in high demand and company Is no longer where it was at. great atmosphere to work in and good group of support.
This company offers the employee a good work environment and a safe work environment.
There was a lot of out of town travel and hotels were often required.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
out of town work
The work culture at this company is great. The fact that we seem to average 35 a week is a little troublesome but work seems like it will pick up after being told that we are off for a week in the middle of the summer. Some times management take a while to respond to simple emails. Hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. I love working in solar but i wish there was more money to be made in saving the world on panel at a time.
Pros
fridays off
Cons
not enough hours
This is the best place I have ever worked. Management is great. No one micromanages. Culture of the company is awesome! Had to leave due to daycare problems. Would go back to work here in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great culture/ environment
learned ho to install solar panel board, the co-workers are cooperative and nice, the hardest part is the exposure to the cold weather.
Pros
good company
Cons
short term
A typical day at work involved wiring of solar arrays, running rigid conduit and assistance in the assembly of solar arrays when needed. This was my first time working in solar energy so I was exposed to some of the interesting fundamentals of large scale solar projects. There were a lot of new promotions as the company quickly grew often resulting in an insecure and sometimes confrontational job culture. Spending most of the time on the road or commuting and the extreme weather conditions were the most difficult part of working there. The most enjoyable part definitely had to be having a young crew of guys on almost every job that were fun to work with and generally easy to get along with.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
extreme weather conditions, excessive travel/commute
RESCo provides a great culture of smart and driven individuals with an emphasis on self-management

Acquired skills in project management, conflict resolution, team management, business development, organizational structures

Great benefits and flexible management

Engaging and diverse team
Pros
Culture, Team, Benefits
Cons
Unorganized at times, Direction Un-established, Vague Job Descriptions
I really enjoyed working at resco even though I left on bad terms with the managers.

People were always fun to work with and the foremen/supervisors were great at getting the job done without being too strict or yelling at people.

It's fairly physical - you will carry a lot of material and heavy stones - work can also be monotonous (torquing 2000+ nuts in a row) but if you get along well with the other employees it doesnt seem that bad.

Some days were a lot easier than others and vice versa.

Management was great - they liked to listen to workers ideas and were usually on the ball with getting things organized.

One of the best parts was the 4day work week. You commonly had fridays off and worked 4 x 10 hour days with the friday usually being left as "make-up" day incase you get rained out or something during the week.

Overall, it was probably the best company ive worked for in the labour/construction field.
Pros
Decent pay - good workers - well managed - 4 day work week
Cons
Required to travel - long commute - monotonous work
this was a good company... they are willing to send people to school to train as electricians if they are hard working; they were willing to send me but i did not yet have a vehicle to get to work and back. my job with them was to install all solar systems in the Cambridge region and i was working through a temp agency as hired held that turned into profession installations with the addition to labourer of ballast systems
Pros
full time work, educational professional development
Cons
work was far away