Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

Pest control tech
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON24 September 2018
The job is interesting and you learn a lot. It was nice working out doors all the time and the benefits are great. The management I had was great. But the pay was horrible. it's $16 an hour in a time where minimum wage is going up to $15 an hour. In the winter time your hours are cut in half. This is not a job you want if you have a family to provide for.
Pros
Truck to use, good benefits
Cons
Very low pay and no room for advancement
Not for experienced Techs
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 April 2018
When you have been in the industry for a while the micro-management is pretty exhausting. They will take advantage of your experience but treat you like a newbie in management. There is a culture of paranoia here due to young/exhausted management.
I felt like I was working for managers that worried about their own hides rather than quality of service.
Pros
Truck that you pay for lol
Cons
There is NO down time so be prepaired to answer email/phone 24/7 or be punished
Interesting work. I did not like the manager.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador31 January 2018
I found the work to be interesting but I could not work for the manager here in Newfoundland. I found that person to be a verry arrogant, tht person told me they were prejudiced against “fat people” and wanted you to work all day and not take a lunch break. Make no mistake this person will make sure everyone knows that they are the boss if they think someone might mistake it for the other way around. I could go on with more stuff that I experienced here but I hope this gives some insight. They need a new manager, bottom line!
Pros
The work is interesting for the most part
Cons
Managment
Great company
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 July 2017
Accounts receivable and collections

Learned about collections and dealing with public

Management were great

Great workplace

Lots of learning

Loved the staff
Good Company
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
The job was good. Salary ok. Left position because the travel distance was too much. People were good to work with and the overall work environment was good.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Salary
Worst Company I've ever had the unpleasantness to work for.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 May 2017
This is a route work job, I believe it would be better if I wasn't as new to the industry as I was, though I had a big learning curve, I thrived at getting better and better at my job with every passing day. At the begging this job seemed like it was a good fit, lots of OT, tons of work, you have their truck and can use it for personal use. Things started to go sideways about 5 months ago, when a new management group came in and started making changes to how we had previously been doing business, Overtime was thrown out the window, route values were cut dramatically. They hired too many new people and had to divide up the route area's. I suspect I was let go so that the new management group could hire their own specialist for the area.
Pros
Personal use of truck
Cons
Revolving door of employee's, company poorly managed at the end.
A position that involves critical thinking and position to grow
Branch Administrator for Manitoba (Former Employee) –  Initial Security Services Winnipeg, Manitoba27 January 2017
My position with Initial Security Services required me to manage, accounts payable and receivable, assist with recruitment and selection, participate in the hiring process, along with the creation of legal documents and contracts. I learned various roles while a Branch Administrator for this firm. The culture within this organization was hierarchical and more traditional. I believe overall my experience with Initial Security Services was a valued and experiential experience that contributed to my growth and advancement with my education and as well my development. The most difficult part of the job obviously at the time was creating contracts. Not an easy task. The most enjoyable were working with employees and management.
Pros
structure centralized organization with clear concise communication
Cons
limited autonomy
Straight forward and strong
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario17 April 2013
Being a night time securty guard was interesting. I learned all the different aspects of why securty is important, why people find satisfaction in the job, and the demands of a person in this position.
Staff was always limited but they were enjoyable to have conversation with when possible. Management is procedural and correct. The hardest part of the job is the long hours but at the same time all the time walking and learning to really pay attention to detail became a part of life.
Pros
eduactional factors that apply to more than job
Cons
long hours, singular funtioning job