Renaud-Bray Management reviews

Ratings by categoryClear
Grade: 2.2/5
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 February 2018
A typical day at work: checkout, stocking, calls, conciliation.

What you learned: checkout, stocking, calls, conciliation.

Management: good overall.

Workplace culture: some gossiping/nastiness, passive-agressiveness from some colleagues, a bit arrogant and not spontaneous, but ok overall.

The hardest part of the job: repetitiveness, dress code (I tend not to like dress codes anyway.. so, it's a detail), not many hours offered even in a full-time job and moreover pay is low (you can't really make a living with the hours/wage they offer), not a stable schedule and strict inflexible rules, not active.

The most enjoyable part of the job: being surrounded by books, counsel/talk with customers about various subjects depending on the kind of book they're looking for.
Pros
30% discount on products for employees.
Cons
Unionist in some stores, and doesn't really help, on the contrary.
Excellent work culture, very dynamic work and clean and organized environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2017
I enjoyed the team very much, the warehouse is very well organized and clean, management allowed us the freedom of music (one earbud only) which helped keep a swift pace.
Pros
very stimulating merchandise attracts a stimulating team
Cons
a weakness amongst the management team
It was a productive work place, almost always busy, but with a good cliental.
Caissière au magasin Renaud-Bray (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2013
Since I was working during the christmas holidays, It was almost always busy (unless I was working the closing shift, till 10). I definitely liked that it was busy though. The management was very helpful and friendly, as well as my co-workers. Working the cash was not a very hard job, it only took a few days before I knew how pretty much everything worked. The best part of the job was getting to chat with the customers about their purchase, since a lot of them were christmas gifts, it was fun to hear the customers talk about who the gifts were for and what their holiday plans were.
Pros
close to my house.
Cons
occasional long hours