REMCAN Projects LP

REMCAN Projects LP Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Hired for a specific job, 5 months later still not doing that job. They tell you what you want to hear. Told I was working in a certain location. End up working in an entirely different province.
Pros
Seasonal work.
Cons
Management sucks.
Anybody considering working here run while you still have the chance. This is a slave labour intense job all they’re looking for is a strong back in a week mind. Team leaders are an absolute joke nothing but attitude from coworkers. When out of town they put you up in the worst hotels possible dirty they don’t even clean the rooms. If you ever wanted to taste what a human slave would be like This is the perfect place to find out
Cons
Pro: The money is there if you like to work very long hours i.e 16 hrs a day to sometimes 18 behind managements back.
Con: You will most likely start at 19$ an hour if you have no experience and then after a few years you'll get bumped up way higher and then have someone new hired on who has no idea what work is and gets a starting wage on 24$ an hour.

Con: You're working in the bush most of your life and then need some water. Some crews are great for caring for others and then there are some who don't even want to know your name and don't supply water for your hot 16-18 hour days.

Con: If you like living in motel rooms, great. Just be careful when they send you to a camp in the bush in +35 degrees with no fans or A/C and expect you to be completely prepared for the next day.

In all honesty, the company needs a new business plan with management who care and have been trained for the role.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no life/work balance
This company is great if you like being screwed over for your time and hard effort. They hire and keep all the dog humpers working at the same rate of pay as you. They screw you over for Living allowance on travel days. People in management just tell you what you want to hear and then do absolutely nothing they say they would. Great place to work if you like being taken advantage of and treated like trash!
Pros

- Great Earning Potential Compared with Competition

- Great S&C Management Team With A Team First Attitude

- Employees are treated like humans, communication is normally very good.

- You Get To Learn A Technical/ Electrical Trade,however it is rail specific.

- Work cycles and compensation for travel are very reasonable.

- The entire current S&C team are all of high integrity and respect for one another. Generally a great place to work.

- Apprenticeship/ Training program is world class.

Cons

- Industry is becoming stagnant, great company but scope of work may be all over the place.

- No guarantee that you be close to home on cycle, but again all travel is paid. Very reasonable.

- Upper corporate management are a bit dysfunctional, any issues will normally arise above immediate supervisors. Lack of departmental communication.

- Our customers are not always forthright with work scope or location or timing, so the job can be unpredictable to your lifestyle. But manageable.
If you like working a heavy labour job that treats you lower then vomit, gives no room to move up, takes advantage of your time and effort in every manner possible then sign up for this joke of a company. Sure you get work and see the country but thats what railroading gigs are all about. This one pays basically minimum wage for construction. Screws you over for LOA on travel days and so much more
Remcan does a lot to make sure that they give their guys enough work while still making sure to accommodate your personal life and individual requirements. I've had an overall good experience with Remcan.
Pros
Small enough that supervisors are still able to accommodate personal needs and are approachable
Cons
The nature of being a contractor can lead to extended layoffs despite Management's best efforts
No matter what position you apply for they start you at a labourer and a labour rate. They should be advertising for labourers. People with qualifications should be paid for them not go backwards. Very misleading
Would work with them again anytime if position was available !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really !!!!
Great bunch of guys n gals that know their jobs and are more than willing to see you succeed ..
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at REMCAN Projects LP?
I Wake up early in the morning or whatever time is required,
Put on Ppe which is supplied by the company

I do my Pre trip on my equipment, meet up with the crew and supervisors forJob briefing

Travel to work location

Pick things up

Put things down

Return to Hotel

Post trip
With the experience I have in the Rail road and be treated like a labour and not get paid what I deserve to get paid, my last day of work I was told by a safety representative that my service was not longer need it after a long day of work and because I was asking for the position I applied at first. Stay away from this company
great people to work with awesome pay, had fun working with a great group of people, had the opportunity to get great experience, but my last experience wasnt so much fun ,
The company pays well, but it is extremely heavy and hard work on the railway environment. Days are anywhere between 8 to 16+ hours depending on what happens. You are normally away from home on a cycle, but they frequently mismanage flights and getting vacation time approved over the summer is almost impossible.

The starting pay is open for negotiation and varies significantly depending on what experience you have and how well you negotiate.
High turnover. Poor management decisions. Financially a mess, safety is a joke. Not really a place for older people. Anticipate working hard and long, all over the country. Will try to extend probation periods. Work somewhere else!
Pros
Not boring, opportunities for travel
Cons
Everything else
Lots of travel, money was ok. More of a young mans place to work. Benefits were good I think you could move up the ladder if you stuck with it and didnt mind being o n the road
Don’t bother working too hard cuz you’re not appreciated & it will get you nowhere. You’re just dog scat under the heel of management’s boot. You’re there to make them money, remember that. They’ll use you up & throw you away. You’re not important.
Pros
You do get a pay check
Cons
Head office is a joke
Too many chiefs wanting to be in charge. Everybody is into everybody's business and do not focus on doing their job well instead. Too much overtime required cannot take time off for vacations for 16 days minimum every month.
I loved the people I worked with, it wasn't too fast paced, but overtime is expected for all deadlines. I liked not being too supervised or micro-managed here.
Pros
Good work environment, good people
Cons
Hard to take time off, poor work/life balance at times
Remcan is a great company to work for. Very accommodating to personal schedules. Employees in the office are always friendly and helpful with all needs. They pay very well, and have given me the opportunity to travel all over Canada, while still receiving a paycheck. I Highly recommend working for this fast paced and growing company.
Pros
Loa, Flights & accmonadtion paid
Pay is above average.Lots of chances for advancement.
Hard work does not go unnoticed.generous LOA when on road

Lots of travel.Lots of hours if wanted.Family orientated

Great management team.
Pays good. Lots of ot . Next to no time off. They run you till you can't go anymore then just dispose of employees. Management is self promoting incompetent no experience in the actual field. It's a half butt job if you are single but definitely not a career.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management no personal life.