Reliance Offshore

Reliance Offshore Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Good temporary work.
Reliance is primarily a temporary work agency for marine positions, though I have heard of some long term contracts. Some of the rating categories above do not apply, so I had to choose the middle or low rating for lack of an "N/A" option. The hiring process will vary with the specific client company that they are hiring for. Having worked a few contracts with Reliance over more than 20 years, I have dealt with different work situations and different people in the office. But they have always paid quite well. In temp work there is no work life balance. You work when the work is available. Though the Offshore Petroleum Board does set a maximum allowable days offshore. There are also no benefits in this temp work. There have been times that the company has paid for required safety training, so you might consider that as a benefit. On the negative side, when I worked for them, they were not paying for travel costs to and from the dock or helicopter port, so I found this quite unreasonable. Though this could be different now. The actual job culture varies with the companies that they send you to work for. Some have been fantastic, but some have not been good.

I have heard that the agencies charge their clients a huge mark up over what they pay you, so are making huge profits on your work. But I've not been able to confirm the numbers. Taking that as a given though, Reliance pays reasonably well and is great to work for if all you are looking for is temporary work, or you have not been able to secure permanent employment. If you are looking to log sea time to
 - more...
Great company to be with.
Nice managment, company is good to work for. Providing transportation to and from work without delays, Too bad they don't have their own vessels so work is available mostly spring to fall.
Good experience
I had a good experience with this crewing agency. Everything was OK. Greatly appreciated professional training that was arranged and paid by the company
Pros
Free STCW training, paid travel days
Cons
No reimbursement for transport expenses outside Nova Scotia
great place to work with great people
every day is about the same very enjoyed the ships and the people the food was great rooms perfect they inform u of what to expect prier to boarding thank you
Pros
great ships
Cons
os
Temporary job
All work is temporary on a contract short-term basis. Nothing permanent. A lot of stuff is written in your contract, but companies do not always stick to it. For this reason there may be issues between the ship management and the company regarding the signed contract.
Reliance offshore is a great intro to offshore employment.
Reliance offshore provides good employment oppurtunities into the offshore industry.Although wage increases should be considered annually for employees contracted to offshore oil and gas customers who are away from there families for 6 months of the year.As employees,we choose trades that provide our families with an adequate salary compared to annual cost of living increases.Also covered sick days and bereavement days should also be offered.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Wage increases compared to cost of living increases.
off shore
1. Catering Steward March.2013- Sept.2015
Reliance Offshore, Halifax, NS

• Direction and coordination of cleaning and maintaining a busy off shore natural gas platform; including but not limited to accommodations, personal laundry, and kitchen equipment.

• A committed and fully certified member of the advanced emergency first response team

• Trained to follow strict safety awareness polices and protocols
Night Cook/ Baker
Enjoyed the job very much it kept me busy and allowed me to be creative.The people I worked with were amazing and easy to get along with. My job was 3 weeks straight of night shift which wasn't that great when it came to being very social out at work but I didn't mind too much. I made all the baked goods as well as breakfasts for the platform daily as well as soups and midnight meals for the men on night shift.
Pros
3 weeks off
Cons
Missing out on important life events
a verry good job friendly crew and lot's of travel
my work day begin's at 4am and ends at 6pm,friendly crew and a buisy day of cooking meals and bakeing.
Pros
traveling world wide meeting friendly people and seeing different sites
Cons
rough sea's
Good company to work for
Once I had the knowledge the job came second nature. Friendly people and safe environment to work in.
Pros
Income was good
Cons
not many
Contract company...
They put you to work, so they can make money from you. They do not take any personal interest in you. You are just a number.