RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to go

People are not bad right here, company support a lot, tools and benefits. If you are looking for more money, better work on your own. If you are the one who follow the rules, this is the place.

Pros

Good benefits pro teams

Cons

Less earnings

A HVAC company run by sales people with no experience in the trade.

Work for reliance if you do not want to advance your career or gain experience. They force you to sell and push surveys instead of actually fixing the issues you are sent out for. Terrible company to work for.

Great for single adults

Job is great if your young, single and do not have kids to worry about. You have to be willing to work 6 to 7 days a week. You work rain or shine and in extreme cold! You get paid great but you have to be willing to sacrifice.

Reliance plumbing sucks

This company sucks, they treat their guys like a number. Service manager is a 4th year apprentice who doesn’t even know how to do plumbing and has Never went to trade school. He also doesn’t know how to do his job properly and the plumbers their don’t have any respect for their managers. I won’t let anyone I know work there. Be smart and don’t apply for this job.

Reliance is terrible place to work

There is no opportunity for advancement at Reliance. The salary they'll offer you is insultingly low. Their training is terrible, which is likely due in part to the very high rate of employee turnover.

company

I have been here 16 years with the company and have grown with it. It's a great place to work and grow. I would encourage anyone looking for a rewarding career to apply and join our team!

Not recommended

Only worried about sales,could care less about fixing the equipment,proper training,your family life,when you get home,if you get home or a fair work schedule

Terrible.

A toxic company that will zap your will to live. Work here only if you want to make money and care little for your customers. Management is oppressive, to say the least.

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

Challenging Culture

Very Challenging Culture, they will need a change of overall leadership to succeed moving forward. Many good people work here and should be recognized better for the work the do.

For the 2 years I've worked for reliance I've enjoyed it I recommend if you're looking for a career look into reliance ...............................

Pros

Busy

Cons

Union

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

See more jobs

Sell, sell, sell then lie to customers to sell more

As a service tech you are constantly pressured to sell. The day starts off with a daily tracker email showing what everyone sales numbers are for that month. No matter what you sell it's never enough. You will then get at least one phone call from your service manager asking what you sold that day and have to explain why you didn't sell more that day. Your selling quota is 18.9% and if you do reach that you are still pressured to sell more.

Good People

This has been my second home for the past 3 years now. I love the people at RHC but there is very little career development opportunities within sales departments and I find myself getting very complacent and disinterested in my day-day responsibilities.

Brutal

Spent 2 years here, as a plumber. They sell protection plans to people and your job is to to into their house, look at plumbing problems and then inform the Customer that their problems aren’t covered on the plan, and then quote them astronomical rates to repair. Other people you work with are good. Union is the most useless thing I have ever seen. Management will lie to you about bonuses, only pay when it is convenient for them. Management is ridiculous, I’m pretty sure they get more money based on how many people they screw over. The saying goes “if it came out of a managers mouth, then it is a lie”. They sell equipment to people that don’t need it. In my opinion this company should be sued out of existence. The workers are the ones keeping the company afloat, they end up caring and the customers get taken care of, somewhat. Would recommend avoiding this place like the plague, unless you are a salesperson with a plumbing license and love being lied to in a never ending fashion. Oh and the 4 day week is nice, but not when you have to work one weekend day, changes your life completely. And your days off suck because you can’t stop thinking about work, the emails never stop coming in. And they ask you to work your off days every week when things are busy, but send you home early when it’s slow.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

50+ hours in 4 days, management, union

Don't work for this company

A very cruel company to work for. Stay away You are not treated well and are expect8to threaten the people that work for you Everything about this company is about sales at any cost

Decent place to work

Go go atmosphere with high pressure for leads. Great money out of school but if you don't make your sales numbers you will be punished. Company phone, tools and truck provided. Great guys (employees)

Horrible

Look else where . It’s toxic from the top down . The only position worse than being on the tools is being management , they are treated worse than garbage and verbally bullied. High pressure sales environment with 15 sales leads a month required if not you are punished/ shamed. Hours are not guaranteed and you will be sent home . Bonuses are not guaranteed and they will not be paid out if you don’t keep on top of it

Fun workplace

Relaxed work envirnonment with low stress and high output. Workers are friendly and helpful. Only area of weakness is the corporate culture which lacks a bit.

Ideal Place to work at, very friendly and everyone works as a Team

Typical day at work is always quite busy, answering calls and making calls. I've learned to also work as a Team Player, since Joining Reliance. Working day to day with Customers, Technicians, and the Management Team. Workplace is very casual and everyone gets a long, since we all work like a Family. Hardest part of this job, is not having much time for myself, since i work 7 days a week, days and evenings, and not having much time for myself. Most enjoyable part of the Job, is interacting with customers and Fellow Employees/ Technicians. I really enjoy communicating with People and helping those that need my Assistance.

Pros

Getting Free Lunches, Pizzas, BLTs, just free food in General :D

Cons

Long Hours and sometimes not getting the appreciation that i feel that i deserve

Great company to work for. Several opportunities over the years for growth.

Working for Reliance has been an amazing experience. They have provided so many opportunities for growth over the years and I have learned so much from several of the people I have worked under.

Encouraged to lie to customers

You're not allowed to have a life outside of work. You're encouraged to lie to customers to get them to buy equipment they don't need. Their "technicians" are just salesman dressed up as actual tradesman. The pressure to sell is constant and unbelievable. Used car salesman have nothing on Reliance's high pressure sales techniques. Reliance is toxic.

Pros

Cons

Encouraged to lie to people.

Busy with lots of opportunities

Great company with a lot of opportunities to learn and work on projects. Great emphasis on culture and coworkers are great. An extremely diverse company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement