RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Review

View all RELIANCE HOME COMFORT reviews

Great Opportunities for High School Grads and Friends and Family
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 February 2014
Pros - This company offers employees a decent pay and benefits. Branch committees established to provide "fun days" to increase employee morale. Fantastic supporter of United Way. Wonderful peers. Great opportunities for high school grads and friends and family of Reliance. Great technical training. Management compassionate with employees when dealing with personal family issues. Cons - Inadequate sales training. Management will promote friends and family without experience/education. "Peter principle" a part of this culture. Good for people being promoted because they will try to find them another lateral job and then another lateral job to keep them employed. Many of my peers who left years before me complained about lack of opportunities and working for people who could not do their jobs. They felt being educated and or experienced was a negative when applying for internal opportunities. If you are looking for a job not a career this is a great company. If you have experience and/or education apply to "fast track" positions or the job you want. Advancements can take a decade due to their hiring managers. On a negative note I personally caught managers and HR in numerous lies which left me with little confidence in what was told to me as an employee. Overall the company provides a good living but needs to improve on promoting their talent.
Pros
Decent Pay, Great Peers, Most managers considerate with employee personal issues
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, experience/education not valued, lack of trust with management

Other RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with. Lots of activities.
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 May 2018
Good working hours, hectic and sometimes stressful. Co-workers are nice and helpful. Salary is very low in comparison to the same job with other company's. Training is poor and needs improvement.
Pros
Good working hours.
Cons
Very poor training
Valuable Experience Gained
Customer Service Representative and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2018
I worked at Reliance Home Comfort doing data entry cleanup and reviewed customer history pertaining to communication with the company as well as product purchase history. I also worked on the phones receiving inbound calls when customers had a customer service need. I learned valuable communication skills here as well as how to deal with customer resolutions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.