RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Not a bad place to go

People are not bad right here, company support a lot, tools and benefits. If you are looking for more money, better work on your own. If you are the one who follow the rules, this is the place.

Pros

Good benefits pro teams

Cons

Less earnings

We are reliance

Seemed like an amazing company to work for. But after a year, things started to change. Started with a budget of leads that had to be done every month. And if they were not met, the manager and then the workers would be punished with some performance program. Constant emails on your failings, sales, nps reviews, etc. Used parts from older appliances were used in order to save money. Managers most of the time had no experience in the feild, which led to fustrating conversation on how to complete certain jobs. An extremely unethical place of work. The only thing decent was the money and benefits. They need to change there business model before it's to late and start caring for there employees and customers.

Pros

Cons

Management, sales, lack of training

Great management and work life balance , very competitive and challenging environment with a large product offering , great benefits and pension plan.

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

Long hours and traveling

24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Reliance Home Comfort in Ontario! We are glad that you are having a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback provided. Stay safe.

Good place to start of your first career

4th year with this company have never amaze me. It was a great experience to work here to learn so much opportunity and improvement trade skills with lots of Manager support. It been up and down but overall very worth it.

Pros

Good pay, Benefits package, lot of feedback from manager.

Cons

Long hour, stressful

24 March 2021
Thanks for providing these comments - much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear the positive experiences in the Plumbing role. If you are having any concerns currently, please reach out to your Manager. Take care.

Best hvac and water treatment company!

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort for almost 2 years. I learned a lot in this company. It's a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities from HVAC Equipment, Water Treatment Systems as well as Smart Home Products.Reliance is a really customer focused company unlike some other companies in this business. We always want to make sure we are there for the home owners if there is any issues or inconvenience.We truly are not comfortable until are customers are!I love working at this company, meeting new people, learning about new products and growing in here. There are several management opportunities available which I am looking forward to taking a lead once the time is right and manage a strong team.

Pros

Good compensation, room to grow, lots of learning, fast paced

Cons

sometime long commute, traffic

24 March 2021
Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in Richmond Hill and are having a positive learning & development experience.

Good starting technician position

Was Hired on as a water-heater installer,This job was great for work experience as well as sales experienceThey pay decent commission for sales and give you training on how to do so, however, there is an expectation that you perform sales on a monthly basis. Reliance prioritizes their sales force, and if you are good at sales, the company is good with you, if your not so good with sales.. not so much.If you earn good sales numbers, there is an excellent chance for career development within the company. As a repair technician you earn an incredible amount of experience in a short time, Reliance will also give you training classes on the equipment you will be working on and the teamwork within the company means your always a call away from help

Pros

Earn a lot of experience in a short time, Great pay, Great benefits included

Cons

Not many, just keep up with performance

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Reliance. We appreciate the feedback and will review our processes to ensure we are constantly growing and improving.

Do what you love and get paid like a doctor

This job is for someone who really likes to help people, in a dynamic and fast pace environment, while enjoying the feeling of owning your business, without the overhead. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving feedback from customer, pleased with the services and products we provide. Above average pay and great opportunity to diversify, due to the vast options of products and services available. Management tuned and sensitive to work-life balance! Great and collaborative culture with some health competition to keeps us on our toes.

Pros

Management, Work-life balance, Above average salary, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

High performers should have an assistant to help unload the huge amount of admin work

14 March 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.

Lots of work for not enough money

Working at reliance has taught me that the warehouse team is the lowest of the totem pole and everyone's punching bag. it is also extremely sales driven to the point that some managers will through you under the bus to make themselves look good for a promotion. tell you to do jobs that aren't even required of you all while trying to pit you against each other.

Pros

benefits on day 1

Cons

everything else

Don't expect your opinion to matter.

I worked here for a few years and worked closely with all aspects of the business. First and foremost, all they care about is sales. That's it. Managers are stressed and under constant pressure to hit unrealistic goals. That pressure gets passed on to techs in the field. Senior leaders are rude and use fear and intimidation tactics for results and if you don't deliver they won't hesitate to fire you. Extremely high turnover. Office roles, don't expect to get a promotion or raise other than the typical year end minimum increase. Opinions only matter from top down only. They'll act like they listen to opinions and feedback by lower level employees but don't expect to ever see any changes. Questionable ethics; they'd rather sell a customer a new system than fix their existing, even if it's fixable.

Management is super stressful

I started at Reliance as a Water Heater Installer and was excited about my opportunity to work for a seemingly solid Company. The job offers benefits and an hourly wage of $21/h which is quite low by industry standards, Sales a pushed down your throat by management and there are hours upon hours of training where I was sent almost 2 hours away for what they called boot camp. I did not like my mentor who I was training under and was told that I would be thrown to the lions once out on my own with little to no help from anyone else. Not a good introduction to the field IMO. A ton of responsability for little reward.

Benefits

Cons

Stressful Environment

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

See more jobs

Warehouse helper/runner

You are thrust into a warehouse manager position, with little to NO training, all for 90%benefits and under $17 and hour! Huge responsibly, a ton of pressure and the job description and duties expand the longer you stay on the job. On site management were great but as you get up the corporate ladder it steadily becomes quite the gong show where one does not know what the other is doing. I did enjoy the installers and office managers....good people trying to do the best they can while dealing with incompetent high ups and a call centre that has to be the utmost worst on the planet. Unless this warehouse position added $5-$6 per hour to the wage....I would steer clear unless you enjoy controlled chaos, OHand did I mention 6 month probation period?!

Pros

Benefits, hours

Cons

Everything else....poor pay for expected responsibility. NO TRAINING

professional and safe environment

low stress environment with many opportunities to progress career. Always been treated fairly. given many opportunities to expand knowledge through training. great compensation with a positive reinforcement culture.

Pros

professional safe work culture

Reliance

This is a good company with good benefits... but it's a very demanding job and sales and results are very important It's a work hard play hard environment... to succeed you have to distinguish yourself from the rest

Run for the hills.

Somehow this company won an award for best 'corporate culture'. The culture here couldn't be any more toxic. Dishonest unethical technicians are praised and win monthly awards while good, sound technicians are looked down upon for their honesty and integrity. Management hasn't got a clue what they are doing, and they do not know how to keep team morale in good standing, technicians are often pointed out their short comings (always lack of sales related) and are rarely praised for what they do well. Management flat out ignores when a technician does dishonest practices to customers to get more sales leads, and basically encourages this behaviour. Technicians are not trained whatsoever, the only training ever received is sales training. A 2 tiered union environment also puts technicians against each other. This is a toxic place to work and if you hold strong ethics and want to be a good honest technician I would stay as far away from this company as possible

Great Team Members

I am lucky that I work in a team that supports one another. I get to do a job I love everyday. At times, the hours are long and the job can be demanding but having a great manager and a supportive team makes up for that.

Pros

Great Benefits, Friendly Place

Great company

Working for Reliance is challenging and fun. Being an Installer, I encounter different scenarios everyday that keep me on my A game. Senior Management excpect you to be the best you can be, and not the best there ever will be! Good salary ( pick up extra jobs and have an excellent salary) benefits,pension and many instances a company truck.

Not enough paid.

My salary every year become lower. Not worth it work for them with lots of pressure and stresses. If I do some where else with regular nob I can make same or even more .

Poor

Company was generous in terms of compensation, the work load was manageable however the targets for the front line technicians were unreasonable. Managing these employees was difficult as it in my view, there were far too many targets and growth was imposed as a higher priority than technically fixing perfectly good equipment. Lots of attrition in this branch employees and managers.

Good People, Good Company, Good Life Balance

I worked in the retention department for Reliance or Customer Solutions Team. They are a great company to work for. Home in the evenings. Only 1 in 3 weekends worked and a lieu day for the Saturday worked. Full benefits, good vacation time. It was not like that when I first started but they transferred a manager in to replace the first one I had and they were amazing as far as getting things back to where they should be. I would highly recommend working here. No job is perfect but there is a lot that they are doing right.

Reliance is terrible place to work

There is no opportunity for advancement at Reliance. The salary they'll offer you is insultingly low. Their training is terrible, which is likely due in part to the very high rate of employee turnover.

Horrible

Look else where . It’s toxic from the top down . The only position worse than being on the tools is being management , they are treated worse than garbage and verbally bullied. High pressure sales environment with 15 sales leads a month required if not you are punished/ shamed. Hours are not guaranteed and you will be sent home . Bonuses are not guaranteed and they will not be paid out if you don’t keep on top of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement