RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Meh

They pay well enough, but it's all relative to how much you value balance. If you realize your free time is worth something, that pay is no longer so great.

Pros

Well funded

Cons

Demanding

very satisfying and very healthy environment

working with reliance was one of the best decisions i made, i feel so motivated working there , everyone is sooo helpful , you get the best training and people will help along the way, its so rewarding as well both financially and personally.

Pros

potlocks, awards

6 May 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.

Great management and work life balance , very competitive and challenging environment with a large product offering , great benefits and pension plan.

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

Long hours and traveling

24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Reliance Home Comfort in Ontario! We are glad that you are having a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback provided. Stay safe.

Terrible to work for

Terrible company to work for especially sales. You are treated as a second class citizen. Managers control your leads, so if they don't like you they starve you and won't give you leads. Big on favoritism.

Pros

No pros

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are concerned that you are currently having a negative experience with us and encourage you to reach out to HR or your Manager with any concerns. We strive to take care of our Team Members.

Good People

This has been my second home for the past 3 years now. I love the people at RHC but there is very little career development opportunities within sales departments and I find myself getting very complacent and disinterested in my day-day responsibilities.

High performance culture with great pay and benefits!

Reliance has very competitive pay and benefits - better than most companies. Reliance has grown in a very fast way and as a result has a lot to offer to its employees. Growth within the company is never ending. You can go in so many directions and are not stuck on a straight line career path. They prefer to promote from within which is awesome. This is a high performance culture so there is always a drive to do better but that drive also makes people get paid more. It's worth it! I highly recommend Reliance as an employer and a lifetime career opportunity.

Pros

Income/Compensation

Cons

Not a 9 to 5 but worth it for the compensation

Commission Based all around the clock

Non stop phone calls from customers, if you do not answer your Manager reprimands you or takes leads away. Leads are selected to be given to the best sellers. NO work life balance. Waste of time waste of gas.

Pros

Make your own schedule permitting they dont need you to run to an appt.

Cons

Long hours and they make appointments throughout your day where you cannot really plan anything.

Nope

As a former Sales Rep, this by far was the worst company I have ever worked for. High pressure sales are the first priority at the expense of everything else, including your personal life. The pay was good, but constantly dealing with unhappy customers made the pay quickly shrink in value. Constant pressure to perform made me feel like my job was always in jeopardy. If you like working under constant stress and insecurity about your future, then this is the place for you.

Pros

good pay

Cons

too many to list here

Sales Rep

Launch Calls to existing and and non- existing customers and sell them protection on their Heating and Cooling furnaces. The protection plan is a monthly and customer also receive additional perks with Reliance Home Comfort.

Pros

Base Pay and Commission

Cons

Not enough leads.

Unexperienced "managers" who are yes men for the higher ups

3 weeks mandatory trading was a showy brain wash session in renting equipment. Very minimal practical HVAC sales training. The company looks for young people that will blindly buy in to the rip off mind set. Sales manager was only about numbers, micromanaged. They would call several times a day at all hours, Late nights (after 11p.m. and during schedule time off ) to check up on. Expected you to be available 7 days a week at all hours. You could be top in sales but if you don't get rentals you were cut off leads. They would advertise sales but pushed pushed pushed rentals. The "scheme" for rentals was a showy dazzle of math to convince clients that they were stupid if they actually wanted to just buy outright.

Pros

Pay.

Cons

Constant micromanaging. Dishonest practises

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

Sales Representative positions
See more jobs

was ok

really big company and they forget how to treat their own staff. Customers get dropped in the cracks, pay was on time but changed all the time nothing secure

very poor management

COmpany cannot use resources effectively and efficienty and turn over in Relaicne is very high. In the last few years i witness more than 6 sales managrs either quit or left the job. Customer service is Chaos,Managers have no techincal knowledge and related expereinces.Such lack of professiency affecting all the employees and make job hard for all the staff and peers.

A good experience

I worked with this company for a short period time. It was a good experience but outside of my preferred field.

Great Opportunities for High School Grads and Friends and Family

Pros - This company offers employees a decent pay and benefits. Branch committees established to provide "fun days" to increase employee morale. Fantastic supporter of United Way. Wonderful peers. Great opportunities for high school grads and friends and family of Reliance. Great technical training. Management compassionate with employees when dealing with personal family issues. Cons - Inadequate sales training. Management will promote friends and family without experience/education. "Peter principle" a part of this culture. Good for people being promoted because they will try to find them another lateral job and then another lateral job to keep them employed. Many of my peers who left years before me complained about lack of opportunities and working for people who could not do their jobs. They felt being educated and or experienced was a negative when applying for internal opportunities. If you are looking for a job not a career this is a great company. If you have experience and/or education apply to "fast track" positions or the job you want. Advancements can take a decade due to their hiring managers. On a negative note I personally caught managers and HR in numerous lies which left me with little confidence in what was told to me as an employee. Overall the company provides a good living but needs to improve on promoting their talent.

Pros

Decent Pay, Great Peers, Most managers considerate with employee personal issues

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, experience/education not valued, lack of trust with management

Great staff and salary

I worked with a bunch of wonderful co-workers and learned alot of about the sales side of a business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement