RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews for Plumber

Good place to start of your first career

4th year with this company have never amaze me. It was a great experience to work here to learn so much opportunity and improvement trade skills with lots of Manager support. It been up and down but overall very worth it.

Pros

Good pay, Benefits package, lot of feedback from manager.

Cons

Long hour, stressful

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

24 March 2021
Thanks for providing these comments - much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear the positive experiences in the Plumbing role. If you are having any concerns currently, please reach out to your Manager. Take care.

Embarrassment to anyone with a red seal certificate.

Again as everyone said. Completely sales driven. No beef with management other then acting like tough guys while they hide behind a phone. “Darrill”. Then when face to face your best friends. If your shady dishonest and enjoy filling other people pockets. This is the place for you. Gave me under 2000 for a months wor.

Reliance plumbing sucks

This company sucks, they treat their guys like a number. Service manager is a 4th year apprentice who doesn’t even know how to do plumbing and has Never went to trade school. He also doesn’t know how to do his job properly and the plumbers their don’t have any respect for their managers. I won’t let anyone I know work there. Be smart and don’t apply for this job.

For the 2 years I've worked for reliance I've enjoyed it I recommend if you're looking for a career look into reliance ...............................

Pros

Busy

Cons

Union

Brutal

Spent 2 years here, as a plumber. They sell protection plans to people and your job is to to into their house, look at plumbing problems and then inform the Customer that their problems aren’t covered on the plan, and then quote them astronomical rates to repair. Other people you work with are good. Union is the most useless thing I have ever seen. Management will lie to you about bonuses, only pay when it is convenient for them. Management is ridiculous, I’m pretty sure they get more money based on how many people they screw over. The saying goes “if it came out of a managers mouth, then it is a lie”. They sell equipment to people that don’t need it. In my opinion this company should be sued out of existence. The workers are the ones keeping the company afloat, they end up caring and the customers get taken care of, somewhat. Would recommend avoiding this place like the plague, unless you are a salesperson with a plumbing license and love being lied to in a never ending fashion. Oh and the 4 day week is nice, but not when you have to work one weekend day, changes your life completely. And your days off suck because you can’t stop thinking about work, the emails never stop coming in. And they ask you to work your off days every week when things are busy, but send you home early when it’s slow.

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

50+ hours in 4 days, management, union

Great people to work with job is exactly as discussed at interview. Love it highly recommend working here. Employees and management communicate great and help each other out

Pros

Great communication

What a Joke this company is......

I would rather go work at McDonald's than work at this company ever again. Low pay, crazy shifts and hours. If you don't sell anything than you are pretty much gone. They do not care about what trade knowledge you have. It all comes down to sales. Good luck to whoever wants to work here.

Pros

Cons

I wouldnt have enough space to write down everything

Pathetic company

This company is a huge joke. Was interviewed and given a start date then was told no job. They pump you up with all these great company benefits and bonuses but then just flip you off. Would never give them the time a day and when I see there product I always tell the homeowners to get rid of it as you are wasting your money. If I were you and you were thinking about applying, think again. Not worth the headache.

Pros

There are none

Cons

They lie

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT