RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews for Installation Technician

Good starting technician position

Was Hired on as a water-heater installer,This job was great for work experience as well as sales experienceThey pay decent commission for sales and give you training on how to do so, however, there is an expectation that you perform sales on a monthly basis. Reliance prioritizes their sales force, and if you are good at sales, the company is good with you, if your not so good with sales.. not so much.If you earn good sales numbers, there is an excellent chance for career development within the company. As a repair technician you earn an incredible amount of experience in a short time, Reliance will also give you training classes on the equipment you will be working on and the teamwork within the company means your always a call away from help

Pros

Earn a lot of experience in a short time, Great pay, Great benefits included

Cons

Not many, just keep up with performance

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Reliance. We appreciate the feedback and will review our processes to ensure we are constantly growing and improving.

unbelievable that I had to leave...

PLEASE READ - THIS IS NOT AN UNDUE ANGRY RANTWhat started out as a job filled with opportunity and learning experiences, gradually crumbled into an oppressive, numbers-driven, stress-inducing nightmare. Management - Employee relations have deteriorated since the company was purchased overseas in 2017. The union is completely hands-off, and the current CBA gets disregarded and ill-interpreted daily to the advantage of over-pressured management. The employees then suffer the stresses of management, which in turn spins the revolving door of employees. If you have an opinion, you WILL BE FORCED OUT. After 5 years of training new hires, performing as a top employee, and being voted in as a union steward by my peers, I was forced to leave. I "had the carrot dangled" of promotion on several occasions, just to be overlooked and at one point watched a JUNIOR helper (that I got hired) surpass my earning potential and get an apprenticeship before me. This was explained to me as "unfortunate" due to the push on sales and growth in a specific division (furnace installs) that I was not given the opportunity to be part of... "another opportunity will come around" I was told. It's been 2 years now, and nothing - while I watch a JUNIOR (also a friend of my daughter and a kid that used to hang out at my household) get on his way to earning more than me. Now I get to start at the bottom of a different cpompany thanks to Reliance. The whole outfit is a joke and is trending downwards rapidly. If you're looking to start a career in HVAC, DO NOT WORK HERE. If you don't like to work and -

Pros

specialized tools provided, work truck

Cons

unpaid work time, potential to earn LOWER than the stated hourly rate, potential to work past midnight

Great company

Working for Reliance is challenging and fun. Being an Installer, I encounter different scenarios everyday that keep me on my A game. Senior Management excpect you to be the best you can be, and not the best there ever will be! Good salary ( pick up extra jobs and have an excellent salary) benefits,pension and many instances a company truck.

Great company and great employees

Reliance has the best employees, awesome management, and even better service. Love the company, would highly recommend it to anyone. Lots of opportunities to learn various aspects of trades.

Job was easy after experience.

Service and installation of all types of Domestic hot water heaters. I needed to manage and organize my time and insure I had adeqate parts to complete repairs as I was the weekend person when major wholesale suppliers were closed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers who had been without hot water for days at a time when the repair was very simple. The management was not helpfull at all with the exception of 1 individual.

Pros

4 days on-3 days off-able to self organize jobs and route. good pay

Cons

lack of feedback, no company inventory of parts

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT