RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews for Home Solutions Advisor

Great opportunity, steep learning curve, more difficult if coming into busy season

This is a huge company that I'm sure will only go straight up. Great people. The onboarding process at the busiest time of the year was extremely difficult to undertake. However, with a lot of hard work, resiliency, a desire to succeed, and many good folks to help me grow, I truly believe the future is bright, with opportunities abound. I'm very glad to be part of the team. Very good position for one who wishes to open their own business as the job is essentially just that. The opportunity to make great income to support a family is superb, you just have to hang in and not give up until you get into your groove. One's family will have to understand that most of your time will no longer be theirs, as the hours are long and there aren't really any days off per se, at least in the busy season. One must be prepared to field past customer concerns at all times, as you owe them that. Ultimately, you'll get what you put in.

Pros

great pay, opportunities abound

Cons

very demanding role, especially if coming aboard in the busy season

Terrible management and no support

Don't be fooled by the attractive potential pay. The training is non-existent and managers are only rewarded for branch results. This is often at the expense of quality of work and a strong corporate moral compass. There is therefore, no support or time spent for new employees to learn the position. I would never, under any circumstances refer anyone to work at Reliance Home Comfort.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

long irregular hours, no training, no support

Amazing Opportunity

I have been with Reliance Home comfort for 2 years now and truly have had the best time of my life. I have come to recognize that Reliance is always looking for ways to improve the Customer Experience and be the best and the only choice for consumers today. We have an amazing team from the top down and I believe that these collaborative efforts are showing in tremendous growth and opportunities for employment and $$$$$. The pure enjoyment of helping people with their needs also comes with some tremendous earning potential. We work very hard but we get compensated better then any Sales job I have had or yet to hear of.I have been in the Sales industry for over 20 years and have found this to be the most exciting and most diverse job I have ever experienced. We get to enjoy the roads as they are our office and we get to explore some beautiful parts of the country for free. We also have a different scenario in front of us at every home which can be quite exciting and challenge the best of us to always be learning.There is no doubt in my mind that I will finish my career with this awesome company. KUDOS Reliance and Thank you for having me as a part of your team.

Pros

Earning potential is endless and the opportunities for growth are at your disposal

Cons

I don't have anything negative to comment about. " I love what we do"

24 March 2021
Thank you very much for this exceptional review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in North Bay and are having a positive growth experience. Thank you for everything you do!

Best hvac and water treatment company!

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort for almost 2 years. I learned a lot in this company. It's a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities from HVAC Equipment, Water Treatment Systems as well as Smart Home Products.Reliance is a really customer focused company unlike some other companies in this business. We always want to make sure we are there for the home owners if there is any issues or inconvenience.We truly are not comfortable until are customers are!I love working at this company, meeting new people, learning about new products and growing in here. There are several management opportunities available which I am looking forward to taking a lead once the time is right and manage a strong team.

Pros

Good compensation, room to grow, lots of learning, fast paced

Cons

sometime long commute, traffic

24 March 2021
Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in Richmond Hill and are having a positive learning & development experience.

Terrible employer

100% commission, daily end of day reports, 2-3 sales meetings per week, 6-7 day work week, 12-14 days, report to sales manager during and after every appointment, weekly and monthly 1 on 1 performance reviews, no work life balance, you will be micromanaged every minute of every day. Without a doubt the worst employer I have ever had. Everyone on the sales team hates the company and the way it's managed. Do yourself a favour and find a job somewhere else.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Other than pay everything about this company is terrible

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We regret that it was not a good fit and appreciate your feedback.

Do what you love and get paid like a doctor

This job is for someone who really likes to help people, in a dynamic and fast pace environment, while enjoying the feeling of owning your business, without the overhead. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving feedback from customer, pleased with the services and products we provide. Above average pay and great opportunity to diversify, due to the vast options of products and services available. Management tuned and sensitive to work-life balance! Great and collaborative culture with some health competition to keeps us on our toes.

Pros

Management, Work-life balance, Above average salary, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

High performers should have an assistant to help unload the huge amount of admin work

14 March 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.

Excellent culture

Long hours and huge work load but awesome pay and best in class training. Super smart management. Not for everyone. Lots of meetings, 100% commission but they teach you how to do your job and provide you with all you need to be successful. The rest is you and how you commit to the job and follow the process.

Terrible.

A toxic company that will zap your will to live. Work here only if you want to make money and care little for your customers. Management is oppressive, to say the least.

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

Great place to make money

It is a fantastic place to work with a great opportunity to make money. With excellent sales training and management, I definitely recommend Windsor Reliance Home Comfort as a place to work.

Pros

Great money, great manager

Cons

N/a

Great company

It is a great place to work in sales. If you are good in selling and work hard then you can make very nice money here. Company provides great benefits and training.

Pros

Great opportunity to make money, benefits

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

Home Solutions Advisor positions
See more jobs

Amazing Culture

This is a growing company that focuses on the right stuff. Safety, high performance and taking care of customers. There are so many opportunities in the company to make decisions that impact the results and make it a better workplace for everyone. The leadership listens and they care.

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, strong national brand

Cons

N/a

Very Corporate atmosphere

Immoral practices, bad managers, misleading customers is a day-to-day practice, get the customers' money and get out would be a normal motto. Just unfair sales tactics.

good work family

Very high pressure environment. commission is great...budgets are unattainable, and management is very strick . hours are long, and they expect you to work seven days a week.

Great pay but high sales pressure

The management expectations are that you are available 24/7 to go to appointments. Yes it's great that the appointments are provided to you, but sometimes they are scheduled back to back on the other side of your territory! Long hours in the car. Leads also filtered to high producers so newbies struggle. Leads also moved around by management to ensure top producers hit targets before others. Had to fight to keep leads from other greedy sales reps. Very poor initial training and You have to find out from co-workers how to do the job if you are fortunate enough that they will help you! High pressure to only rent HVAC as company makes more revenue vs a sale. Micro-management to the extreme. Good company culture if you are in a job other than sales! Service techs and installers and warehouse runners were the go-to people for helping you and they were awesome. Good money but high pressure and no work-life balance!

Pros

Good commissions

Cons

High sales expectations, very long hours

Bad Intentions and a negative workplace environment

The name Reliance, brings overall a high level of trust with clients. However, the style of management produces a high level of toxic results (sick leaves, poor inter personal relationships etc) within the employees. Very high stress. many broken promises and deliberate lies. I personally am very disappointed with the interference by management and employees that interfered with my success and overall accomplishments there.

Worst Place I've ever worked

Very poor management focused only on the sale and their "numbers". Extremely long work hours and too much travel with no compensation. Very stressful with management calling or emailing many times a day to see what you're "doing" and how many "wins" you have(micromanaging). Initial training is excellent but no follow-up. If you have a problem with a customer etc. , you're pretty much on your own. Unrealistic expectations and sometimes driving 2 hours out of your assigned territory just for a "quote". Very high pressure job and no time off with the 7 days a week, 10 am-10 pm work day. No work life balance.

Pros

Good pay, expenses covered

Cons

Long hours, high pressure management, stressful, no support

Terrible Place

The worst place to work ever. They are terrible to their employees. Other sales people harrass the new sales people and nothing is done. The few sales people that have been there for a while are so greedy.

Pros

Non

Cons

Great company but buckle up

Reliance is a great company, it is full commission with leads provided as they are a marketing behemoth. Pay is great but be prepared to work up to 75hrs per week. Seasonal so also prepare for that. Management culture.....don't be fooled. You will be whipped and beaten into submission because of the fact you are provided leads and are paid on them,. Has been infiltrated by other company culture at the branch level. If you have a manager that is new to the industry get ready to be taught all about their 'old job' and not your current role. It's a 'my way or the highway' culture....in other words its outdated.

Pros

money

Cons

read my review

Very de-motivating, negative and disfunctional

In the HVAC Sales position, they feed only the top producer and the top producer is only the top producer because she is fed. Sales manager is terrible. No communication between departments. Do not plan on making any money. It's 100% commission and no compansation for gas or mileage. You drive to appointments made by call center in TO, and no one is home when you arrive or they are not expecting a quote they think you are there for service.

No work/life balance

Potential to make good money but don't be fooled by a dream. No work/life balance, no car or phone allowance. Sales Manager wasn't trained and it was a joke. In-home consultations were fun but travelling on your dime isn't. I wouldn't recommend this job unless you want to take a big risk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement