RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Extremely stressful.

Huge volume of work and not enough staff. Management that has no idea what individuals do within each role. No work/life balance and no appreciation for hard work.

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We regret that it was not a good fit and appreciate your feedback.

Amazing Company Culture

I had an amazing experience at Reliance and I strongly encourage everyone reading this to APPLY! Management in very inclusive and easy to talk to. The culture is AMAZING. Absolutely LOVED the people that I worked with, from top to bottom! Ideal place for high energy individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment! Great company with amazing people!

Pros

Company Culture!

Cons

None!

6 May 2021
Thank you for the review regarding our Talent Acquisition team! We are thrilled that you had a positive experience at Reliance in Toronto and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Take care.

Toxic Work Environment

You know an organization is toxic when turnover is consistently high across all levels of the organization. The senior leadership team only cares about results and has zero compassion. If you are aggressive, power hungry, and authoritative (basically a bully), you would be a perfect fit. There is little to no recognition at all; and if there was any recognition, it was rewarding the wrong behaviour so the behaviour continues (e.g., manager harassing their team member for results). Top talent keeps leaving; yet the organization turns a blind eye and justifies every departure as a “good” turnover. There is zero work-life balance. Working after midnight on a weeknight or over the weekend is not uncommon. The leadership team is very weak. The wrong people get promoted and good people are let go. The executive team talks about a culture of accountability, but their actions promote a culture of blame (and other leaders follow or comply). The executive team also encourages a culture of feedback superficially, but any feedback shared in a meeting is dismissed (“my way or the highway”). Any competent individual would run after some exposure to the toxic environment. Please, stay away from this organization.

Cons

Long hours, toxic culture, lack of recognition

6 May 2021
We are deeply concerned to hear that your experience at Reliance so far has not been positive. We encourage you to speak to your Manager and/or your team in HR regarding your concerns as we are committed to our Team Members and their overall experience. We value culture feedback – Better is Better. Turnover is monitored across the organization to ensure in line with industry standards, and something we will continue to focus on and work to improve. Team Members are our greatest asset and we wish you continued success in your career.

Great company. Friendly staff & management. Collaborated with other depts well. Worked there for 6 years. Was very happy. Loved my team. Great team members & uplifting environment.

Pros

Perks & clean & great new facility. Competitive pay. Great management.

Cons

Was too far for me.

14 March 2021
Thank you for the review! We are happy that you had a positive experience at Reliance and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Worst company and brutally toxic culture

I am glad that I left. Too much of bias and politics and discrimination. There is no diversity at all. I was the only **** in the team and all the others were ***** I was micromanaged by one of my colleague. She was bossing around with me and the whole team indirectly threw a lot of **** on my face. They played with me like a football. I was taken for granted and horribly disrespected. Cannot say more as this space won't be enough.

Pros

None at all.

Cons

Everything right from the word go.

Can't say enough good things about working here

I probably gained my most valuable work experience during my time with Reliance Home Comfort, and it is one of the best work environments that I have had the pleasure of being a part of. I had the opportunity to contribute to 2 different parts of the business and both were great. I met knowledgeable people who were willing to teach and share what they knew, and we all learned from each other. Worked together as a team to meet our objectives and goals. I miss it.

Amazing culture - So glad I work here

Culture awards Development opportunities Quick growth Amazing people Recognition programs Very fast paced, go with the flow I definitely recommend applying to Reliance

Reliance is terrible place to work

There is no opportunity for advancement at Reliance. The salary they'll offer you is insultingly low. Their training is terrible, which is likely due in part to the very high rate of employee turnover.

Fun workplace

Relaxed work envirnonment with low stress and high output. Workers are friendly and helpful. Only area of weakness is the corporate culture which lacks a bit.

Busy with lots of opportunities

Great company with a lot of opportunities to learn and work on projects. Great emphasis on culture and coworkers are great. An extremely diverse company.

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Good work invironment

Very fun and good work relationship with good benefits and very nice management that can make the boring job tolerable. Training was good and long enough and they always ready to help, but goals are changing repeatedly to cut of your bonuses!

Great culture

Reliance has a great work culture and always finds ways to give back to the community. The company may not be a super large corporation but it sure operates like one, with tools and resources in place to help employees be successful and help the business grow. Everyone in the company works as one big team and the CEO is very personable.

amazing workplace environment with an incredible CEO and team

The company has been great to me since day one. I love working on customer service helping people. Reliance is the type of company that supports the employees to achieve personal growth, the roles and what you do everyday makes a huge difference, creates job security, offer products but also we help people and get to make friends while helping promoting our products.

Pros

great work culture

Cons

far away locations

Smoke and Mirrors

Company does not have a synchronized direction. Lack of communication and poor leadership. No one want to see you improve, just do your job! FIOFO is there moto.

Pros

Non

Cons

No appreciation for people

Sales Rep

Launch Calls to existing and and non- existing customers and sell them protection on their Heating and Cooling furnaces. The protection plan is a monthly and customer also receive additional perks with Reliance Home Comfort.

Pros

Base Pay and Commission

Cons

Not enough leads.

Nice people to work with. Lots of activities.

Good working hours, hectic and sometimes stressful. Co-workers are nice and helpful. Salary is very low in comparison to the same job with other company's. Training is poor and needs improvement.

Pros

Good working hours.

Cons

Very poor training

Got to work at home

I learned a lot about water heaters and how to deal with different types of customers. I got to pick my own hours and the incentives were pretty good too.

Pros

picked own hours

Cons

had to sell insurance

Productive and Collaborative work evironment

Fantastic atmosphere, create people and very good corporate culture. Lots of room to improve in terms of IT support and processes. The company is improving all the time.

Pros

Benefits and great management

Reliance Home Comfort

Great place to work from home. Very flexible and your able to work whenever you want. Pay is good. Its a nice and fun place to work. Staff and customers are great

Enjoyable work place with great sales motivation and benefits.

- Handling inbound inquiries for HVAC equipment and booking in home consultations with experts. - How to over come customer objections, building rapport with customers, and exceptional customer service skills. - Team work environment great co-workers -

Pros

Many sales incentives.

Cons

shift bidding

working at reliance

While working at reliance..it was great except when the client had issues and you cannot work you don't get paid for the time that you spend with tech...took too long to help it's CSR's not a lot of respect from the other areas of reliance...would not work for them again unless getting paid for my time spent with tech especially when its a client issue

Pros

work from home

Cons

dont get paid when its the clients issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement