RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
Happiness score is 45 out of 100Low

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

A good temporary job solution

The work space is very small in the office. only 10 employess to dispatch every driver around Canada, the best part of the job is the option to work from home.

Terrible management, terrible company culture.

Immediately after joining Reliance it was obvious that I had made a mistake. Management and the IT department took nearly a month to get my computer permissions setup correctly so I could even start training. IT issues were constant and incredibly disruptive. I had three managers in three months. It was clear that upper management had no intention of improvement, which meant that my position was entirely pointless and an utter waste of my time.I would not recommend having any employment or business dealings with this terrible company.

Pros

Work From Home available

Cons

Everything else is a dumpster fire.

Terrible, toxic environment

Run away!! This company is a drain on your mental well-being. I’ve never been more stressed in my life than at this company. The management is incompetent and will blame anyone standing around them for their ineptness. The technicians are required to get leads by ANY means necessary which leads them to not always fixing the equipment when it can be. Seriously, do not apply

Pros

Pay

Cons

Toxic environment, brutal hours, terrible management

Awful place sales driven

They are driven by nothing but sales. Have teams of sales technicians that mislead customers into renting new systems. They expect the service technician to get minimum sales targets that are unachievable if you are honest.

Pros

Cons

Sales driven

Don't expect your opinion to matter.

I worked here for a few years and worked closely with all aspects of the business. First and foremost, all they care about is sales. That's it. Managers are stressed and under constant pressure to hit unrealistic goals. That pressure gets passed on to techs in the field. Senior leaders are rude and use fear and intimidation tactics for results and if you don't deliver they won't hesitate to fire you. Extremely high turnover. Office roles, don't expect to get a promotion or raise other than the typical year end minimum increase. Opinions only matter from top down only. They'll act like they listen to opinions and feedback by lower level employees but don't expect to ever see any changes. Questionable ethics; they'd rather sell a customer a new system than fix their existing, even if it's fixable.

The worst

Use this company purely as a stepping stone. Constant micromangement, low task rate wages, and never ending hounding of sales will grind away any motivation or happiness you once had. Techs are paid abysmally while upper management (who don't have any industry experience) and sales people pull in six figure salaries (and bonuses!). The work is also extremely physical, so many techs were injured on the job or have had surgery for their back or knees. No way to move up unless you have good sales numbers, nobody knows if youre a good technician because management usually don't have any trade experience. Reliance's "Canada's most admired companies"label is basically a farce as the sycophants in managment can just self nominate the company and they will receive the award. Its one of the most toxic companies you will ever work for.

Pros

Great if youre into sadomasochism

Dont join this company if you joining as trade person

I am HVAC technician at reliance the management is really bad they don't care how hard the job they just want sales They abuse you to work more than 8 hours

Pros

Environment

Cons

Salaries

Poor

Company was generous in terms of compensation, the work load was manageable however the targets for the front line technicians were unreasonable. Managing these employees was difficult as it in my view, there were far too many targets and growth was imposed as a higher priority than technically fixing perfectly good equipment. Lots of attrition in this branch employees and managers.

Good People, Good Company, Good Life Balance

I worked in the retention department for Reliance or Customer Solutions Team. They are a great company to work for. Home in the evenings. Only 1 in 3 weekends worked and a lieu day for the Saturday worked. Full benefits, good vacation time. It was not like that when I first started but they transferred a manager in to replace the first one I had and they were amazing as far as getting things back to where they should be. I would highly recommend working here. No job is perfect but there is a lot that they are doing right.

3 years and counting

Reliance is a great place to work for anyone looking to balance family and work life. The office is full of laughter and good people, and I'm always excited when I come into work.

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

in Cambridge, ON
See more jobs

Great for single adults

Job is great if your young, single and do not have kids to worry about. You have to be willing to work 6 to 7 days a week. You work rain or shine and in extreme cold! You get paid great but you have to be willing to sacrifice.

In my opinion, i believe reliance home comfort is a great place to start out in the HVAC field as there is plenty of room for advancement, great pay, good benefits and overall a good atmosphere.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

Lack of advancement due to seniority

You'll always have a pay day but work is repetative

A typical day is common here, you show up hangout a bit then another days work. The people are great to work with and chat with but workmanship isn't always stellar. Management isn't much help unless it involves buying something to help. You learn what you need to for your job but until you move positions somewhere you don't need to learn more than you know. sell sell sell!

Pros

Locations across Canada, wealthy company

Cons

push for sales, repetitive work.

Great Place to work

Great company. Great people. Great job. Great training. Lots of opportunity for advancement. My position is stressful yet rewarding. Love every minute.

Good Company

Its a very good company to work for, they pay very well. Take a lot of calls but then it dies down, when the off season comes for HVAC and Water Heaters.

Pathetic company

This company is a huge joke. Was interviewed and given a start date then was told no job. They pump you up with all these great company benefits and bonuses but then just flip you off. Would never give them the time a day and when I see there product I always tell the homeowners to get rid of it as you are wasting your money. If I were you and you were thinking about applying, think again. Not worth the headache.

Pros

There are none

Cons

They lie

Stressful, dysfunctional

I did not enjoy working at Reliance. Employees are at each others throats and every department as well as management from all core branches are all looking to pass the torch when a problem arises and are quick to find someone to blame. No option for shift rotation was ever provided. The work was very fast paced and required a lot of multi tasking. I developed strong prioritization skills while working there

Bad Intentions and a negative workplace environment

The name Reliance, brings overall a high level of trust with clients. However, the style of management produces a high level of toxic results (sick leaves, poor inter personal relationships etc) within the employees. Very high stress. many broken promises and deliberate lies. I personally am very disappointed with the interference by management and employees that interfered with my success and overall accomplishments there.

Fast paced. Friendly environment

I loved everything about my job , friendly environment, I learned alot about working with customers and dealing with upset customers and about water heaters and other equipment.

Great job, just not a lot of on the job training to do your job properly and learn there processes properly.

My typical day consisted of taking the leads of new customers and going out to their business to see what was needed for there HVAC application. I also starting the process of sizing up the building for what there needs were and setting up a contractor site visit to get excess costs of the job and submitting a rental quote and also a purchase quote of the equipment that was needed. What I learned was that I bring a quality of customer service second to none, that I also have the skills to close most of my sales calls as I do love working with different people and getting the customer what they need at any given time. The management team at Reliance were very friendly but they did not offer me training that was needed to sucessfully do my job properly, my co-workers were very helpful in helping me in anyway they could when they had the time to do so. The hardest part of my job was setting up the site visits with the sub contractors that Reliance used, there were a few times when the contractor could not make it to a site for a couple of days and this made it very hard to get the customer a rental/purchase rate for them in a timely fashion. There were also very late nights that we ended up working due to the nature of the business as most of our customers were running a business and needed to know these rates before proceeding with the contract. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting with new people and helping them resolve their HVAC issues and getting them back to worrying about their business and not their heating issue.

Pros

Free lunches, Good people, Great benefits

Cons

Late hours, No training and a lot of travelling

Inside Sales Representitive is very misleading. It is the retention department; Angry, volatile, verbally abusive customers 90% of the time.

The only selling in this position is upselling. Title very misleading. No time for family. Department Management is amazing-some supervisors very choosy; Favorites are clear and given special treatment, better shifts etc. Not allotted enough time to properly deal with customer issues and concerns. Reliance is getting too big too fast; Swallowing up smaller companies but not being fully prepared to deal with ramifications of poor contracts or agreements from said companies.

Pros

Amazing co workers, Pay is not horrible but nothing to write home about.

Cons

Work first-Family second. 9/10 angry customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement