RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

Water heater installer

You work 3 shifts as a water heater installer at Reliance. Days....afternnons...weekends. like 3 weekends a month sometimes. Pay isn't great. Its task rate. So if you get a complicated long install you are in the customers basement sometimes all 8 hours of your shift with very little help from other coworkers. Everything is micro managed to death here. And your constantly hounded for sales leads. And when you don't get them they send you emails every single day showing that you are in the red comparing to other coworkers numbers. So you are constantly reviewed every single hour every day!

Pros

Freedom of working alone.

Cons

you work alone with very little help.

Terrible "Task rate" job

Your paid per job so they expect you to hack in installs as quick as possible wile moving threw service calls and upsell every customer on equipment they dont really need instead of focusing on the customers problem they called in for. Prioritize sales leads instead of doing quality work and putting the customers first.

Pros

Free lunches

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

24 March 2021
Thank you for providing a review. We regret that this was your experience and appreciate the comments. We wish you the best in your future employment.

unbelievable that I had to leave...

PLEASE READ - THIS IS NOT AN UNDUE ANGRY RANTWhat started out as a job filled with opportunity and learning experiences, gradually crumbled into an oppressive, numbers-driven, stress-inducing nightmare. Management - Employee relations have deteriorated since the company was purchased overseas in 2017. The union is completely hands-off, and the current CBA gets disregarded and ill-interpreted daily to the advantage of over-pressured management. The employees then suffer the stresses of management, which in turn spins the revolving door of employees. If you have an opinion, you WILL BE FORCED OUT. After 5 years of training new hires, performing as a top employee, and being voted in as a union steward by my peers, I was forced to leave. I "had the carrot dangled" of promotion on several occasions, just to be overlooked and at one point watched a JUNIOR helper (that I got hired) surpass my earning potential and get an apprenticeship before me. This was explained to me as "unfortunate" due to the push on sales and growth in a specific division (furnace installs) that I was not given the opportunity to be part of... "another opportunity will come around" I was told. It's been 2 years now, and nothing - while I watch a JUNIOR (also a friend of my daughter and a kid that used to hang out at my household) get on his way to earning more than me. Now I get to start at the bottom of a different cpompany thanks to Reliance. The whole outfit is a joke and is trending downwards rapidly. If you're looking to start a career in HVAC, DO NOT WORK HERE. If you don't like to work and -

Pros

specialized tools provided, work truck

Cons

unpaid work time, potential to earn LOWER than the stated hourly rate, potential to work past midnight

Poor atmosphere

This is where trades go to die. They are not going to train you. They are not going build you up. You will NOT feel secure for one minute of you employment. They are not interested in your personal development. Your only job is to get a sales representative in the door. They take your hard earned money and delivery some of the worst service you could possibly imagine. DON’T WORK HERE.

Pros

They hire new grades out of school

Cons

Culture, Hours, Management, Training, Pay.

stressful and unfair enviroment

Terrible place to work, stressful , unfair and demanding . All is about selling people plans , furnaces and airs even if they dont need it.You have to comply with a minimum quote of sales , reviews, and quotes or you are in trouble..Micromanagement to the bone constantly. No appreciation for your efforts and almost no family or social life..No proper training on new products and very much you have to learn on your own. Managers with no knowledge at all and with double face constantly, all they care is about their bonuses at the end of the year..No good pay comparing with other companies ..Don t waste your time here ...!!!! ,there are better places to work out there.!!

Pros

Bank holidays

Cons

schedule, pay, no training.

stay away...

first of all I got to see how staff is treated in the back and how they are talked to... its a law suit waiting to happen! people put in situations they don't want to be in.. and when I asked staff who the guy was it was management! I walked right back out... very TOXIC work environment.

They alowed for calls at home base employment

I worked through Adecco Temp Agency and they provided customer leads to call. It was a one year contract that ended in 3 years so I was very fortunate to work on this unique project while the position was available.

Stressful

They only care about growth. If you're not selling you're not going to be working. If you can sell them other performance metrics will be overlooked.

Management very stressful

Reliance does not have enough workers to supply their installers and help supply their installers to succeed at their job they need more runners and less pressure from bosses

A HVAC company run by sales people with no experience in the trade.

Work for reliance if you do not want to advance your career or gain experience. They force you to sell and push surveys instead of actually fixing the issues you are sent out for. Terrible company to work for.

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

in Burlington, ON
See more jobs

company

I have been here 16 years with the company and have grown with it. It's a great place to work and grow. I would encourage anyone looking for a rewarding career to apply and join our team!

Sale oriented mentality company

Dont waste your time here.!!.This company cares only about sales for HVAC products and plans. Tons of pressure for service techs and installers to get sales leads . Micromanagement to the extreme and very lack of training to serve new equipment You have to learn on your own basically...company is growing like crazy but the pay to techs doesnt reflect that specially for task people and installers compare to other companies....High levels of stress every day and bad schedule hours..No moral ethics at all when it comes to sell products to customers....Just sales ,sales and more sales !!!!

good work family

Very high pressure environment. commission is great...budgets are unattainable, and management is very strick . hours are long, and they expect you to work seven days a week.

was ok

really big company and they forget how to treat their own staff. Customers get dropped in the cracks, pay was on time but changed all the time nothing secure

Not a destination of choice for many

What this company espouses to its perspective employees vs the reality of the work culture is worlds apart. A ridiculous turn style approach for middle management as far as job security. There are training opportunities but the office culture is toxic and predatory. Worklife balance is non existent. 14-15 hr days. Management direction was inconsistent. Often directives were in direct opposition to one another. Office admin staff were friendly, helpful and generally terrific people. Fellow managers were morally reprehensible. Spoke ill of their team and often meeting conversations ended up with a focus on terminating the lowest hanging fruit. Business ethics of the company were questionable. Very hard to be an ambassador when one doesn't agree with how the company processes affect its customers. Most rewarding part of the job was resolving customer issues with care and dedication as well as follow up. Developing the team in positive ways and seeing the improvement was gratifying.

Pros

Bonus structure was generous

Cons

Long hours, intimidation tactics for motivating employees, poor office management culture

Family oriented manufacture, industry leader

Diverse group of perfessionals working in a highly competative industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement