RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
Happiness score is 45 out of 100Low

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Great opportunity, steep learning curve, more difficult if coming into busy season

This is a huge company that I'm sure will only go straight up. Great people. The onboarding process at the busiest time of the year was extremely difficult to undertake. However, with a lot of hard work, resiliency, a desire to succeed, and many good folks to help me grow, I truly believe the future is bright, with opportunities abound. I'm very glad to be part of the team. Very good position for one who wishes to open their own business as the job is essentially just that. The opportunity to make great income to support a family is superb, you just have to hang in and not give up until you get into your groove. One's family will have to understand that most of your time will no longer be theirs, as the hours are long and there aren't really any days off per se, at least in the busy season. One must be prepared to field past customer concerns at all times, as you owe them that. Ultimately, you'll get what you put in.

Pros

great pay, opportunities abound

Cons

very demanding role, especially if coming aboard in the busy season

Terrible to work for

Terrible company to work for especially sales. You are treated as a second class citizen. Managers control your leads, so if they don't like you they starve you and won't give you leads. Big on favoritism.

Pros

No pros

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are concerned that you are currently having a negative experience with us and encourage you to reach out to HR or your Manager with any concerns. We strive to take care of our Team Members.

Completely sales driven

They don't measure how good you are at your job, only care about sales. I consistently get great reviews from customers and work late almost every day but every time I speak to management they tell me that I need more sales or I won't be able to advance at the company. Promotions are entirely driven by sales. I've seen presentations that say "why did you fix that? Submit the lead". Management also encouraged us to sign customers up for service plans without telling them.

Pros

Union, hard to get fired

Cons

Really bad corporate culture and sales pressure

$400,000/ salary for door-to-door sales___LOL!!!

I just saw a job posting for “sales rep, Branford -$250k - $400k year”. Guys, if this isn’t a giant red flag then what is? I prefer to apply and work for a company that doesn’t over sell their jobs. This is a giant joke. You would be a door-to-door salesman likely on 100% commission and if I had to guess I’d say you’d be lucky to break minimum wage.

Pros

I can’t think of one

Cons

Having to tell people you are a door-to-door salesman

stay far away

should change there ads across the board should be salesman with hvac knowledge salesman with plumbing knowledge etc managers with little or no hands on knowledge only sales the worst management team i have ever seen sell or lose your job bottom line

Pros

wageis good

Cons

sell something at every house if they need it or not

Great pay but high sales pressure

The management expectations are that you are available 24/7 to go to appointments. Yes it's great that the appointments are provided to you, but sometimes they are scheduled back to back on the other side of your territory! Long hours in the car. Leads also filtered to high producers so newbies struggle. Leads also moved around by management to ensure top producers hit targets before others. Had to fight to keep leads from other greedy sales reps. Very poor initial training and You have to find out from co-workers how to do the job if you are fortunate enough that they will help you! High pressure to only rent HVAC as company makes more revenue vs a sale. Micro-management to the extreme. Good company culture if you are in a job other than sales! Service techs and installers and warehouse runners were the go-to people for helping you and they were awesome. Good money but high pressure and no work-life balance!

Pros

Good commissions

Cons

High sales expectations, very long hours

Purely a marketing compny pretending to be an HVAC company.

If you become a Home Comfort Advisor, they train you ONLY to sell or rent equipment. You sometimes arent even sure HOW things work and if you ask, you never get a reply. My boss was never available as he was also a volunteer firefighter. Whenever I was working, he was not. So when needed, it was too late.

Pros

Good commissions

Cons

Poor training, poor product lines.

No work/life balance

Potential to make good money but don't be fooled by a dream. No work/life balance, no car or phone allowance. Sales Manager wasn't trained and it was a joke. In-home consultations were fun but travelling on your dime isn't. I wouldn't recommend this job unless you want to take a big risk.

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT