RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

People are not bad right here, company support a lot, tools and benefits. If you are looking for more money, better work on your own. If you are the one who follow the rules, this is the place.
Pros
Good benefits pro teams
Cons
Less earnings
I was employed for 10yrs with reliance have seen many management changes work is readily available for technicians and pay is market comparable but the work and environment is stressful and work life /balance is horrible managed by upper levels managers are told to micro manage and harrass staff to boost productivity and sales definitely not a long term career choice company
Pros
pay rates
Cons
working conditions
I had an amazing experience at Reliance and I strongly encourage everyone reading this to APPLY! Management in very inclusive and easy to talk to. The culture is AMAZING. Absolutely LOVED the people that I worked with, from top to bottom! Ideal place for high energy individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment! Great company with amazing people!
Pros
Company Culture!
Cons
None!
6 May 2021
Thank you for the review regarding our Talent Acquisition team! We are thrilled that you had a positive experience at Reliance in Toronto and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Take care.
Seemed like an amazing company to work for. But after a year, things started to change. Started with a budget of leads that had to be done every month. And if they were not met, the manager and then the workers would be punished with some performance program. Constant emails on your failings, sales, nps reviews, etc. Used parts from older appliances were used in order to save money. Managers most of the time had no experience in the feild, which led to fustrating conversation on how to complete certain jobs. An extremely unethical place of work. The only thing decent was the money and benefits. They need to change there business model before it's to late and start caring for there employees and customers.
Pros
Cons
Management, sales, lack of training
Don't be fooled by the attractive potential pay. The training is non-existent and managers are only rewarded for branch results. This is often at the expense of quality of work and a strong corporate moral compass. There is therefore, no support or time spent for new employees to learn the position. I would never, under any circumstances refer anyone to work at Reliance Home Comfort.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
long irregular hours, no training, no support
You know an organization is toxic when turnover is consistently high across all levels of the organization. The senior leadership team only cares about results and has zero compassion. If you are aggressive, power hungry, and authoritative (basically a bully), you would be a perfect fit. There is little to no recognition at all; and if there was any recognition, it was rewarding the wrong behaviour so the behaviour continues (e.g., manager harassing their team member for results). Top talent keeps leaving; yet the organization turns a blind eye and justifies every departure as a “good” turnover. There is zero work-life balance. Working after midnight on a weeknight or over the weekend is not uncommon. The leadership team is very weak. The wrong people get promoted and good people are let go. The executive team talks about a culture of accountability, but their actions promote a culture of blame (and other leaders follow or comply). The executive team also encourages a culture of feedback superficially, but any feedback shared in a meeting is dismissed (“my way or the highway”). Any competent individual would run after some exposure to the toxic environment. Please, stay away from this organization.
Cons
Long hours, toxic culture, lack of recognition
6 May 2021
We are deeply concerned to hear that your experience at Reliance so far has not been positive. We encourage you to speak to your Manager and/or your team in HR regarding your concerns as we are committed to our Team Members and their overall experience. We value culture feedback – Better is Better. Turnover is monitored across the organization to ensure in line with industry standards, and something we will continue to focus on and work to improve. Team Members are our greatest asset and we wish you continued success in your career.
Sales people get lowest commision. 7% if you sell non rental. Managers will tell you to lie to homeowners regarding length of rental contract. Run away
Pros
No advantage
Cons
Toxic
This company had to much change for any employee to ever be happy. Management has to much pressure they are all micro Managed. Would never work for RHC again. Started in the warehouse and was eventually Management and then back to tech over 7 years because of how shaddy the company is managed. Horrible company. As a tech you are trained more on sales because that's all they care about.
Pros
Work truck comes home
Cons
Micro managed and the company only cares about techs selling and taking advantage of customers
working with reliance was one of the best decisions i made, i feel so motivated working there , everyone is sooo helpful , you get the best training and people will help along the way, its so rewarding as well both financially and personally.
Pros
potlocks, awards
6 May 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.
I've worked at Reliance Home Comfort for the last 6 months, and I am so grateful I was hired. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. The agents are extremely hard working and give their all each day. The strive to deliver world class service to all of our customers and always willing to take feedback on how to be better. I feel very blessed that I work here.
Pros
Agents, Managers, Call Center.
Cons
There are always cons in each job but I try and focus on the good.
6 May 2021
Thank you for this feedback regarding the Oshawa call centre. Much appreciated! We are glad you are enjoying your role at Reliance and wish you success.
I have been with Reliance Home comfort for 2 years now and truly have had the best time of my life. I have come to recognize that Reliance is always looking for ways to improve the Customer Experience and be the best and the only choice for consumers today. We have an amazing team from the top down and I believe that these collaborative efforts are showing in tremendous growth and opportunities for employment and $$$$$. The pure enjoyment of helping people with their needs also comes with some tremendous earning potential. We work very hard but we get compensated better then any Sales job I have had or yet to hear of.I have been in the Sales industry for over 20 years and have found this to be the most exciting and most diverse job I have ever experienced. We get to enjoy the roads as they are our office and we get to explore some beautiful parts of the country for free. We also have a different scenario in front of us at every home which can be quite exciting and challenge the best of us to always be learning.There is no doubt in my mind that I will finish my career with this awesome company. KUDOS Reliance and Thank you for having me as a part of your team.
Pros
Earning potential is endless and the opportunities for growth are at your disposal
Cons
I don't have anything negative to comment about. " I love what we do"
24 March 2021
Thank you very much for this exceptional review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in North Bay and are having a positive growth experience. Thank you for everything you do!
Great management and work life balance , very competitive and challenging environment with a large product offering , great benefits and pension plan.
Pros
Great people and work environment
Cons
Long hours and traveling
24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Reliance Home Comfort in Ontario! We are glad that you are having a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback provided. Stay safe.
Reliance is a fantastic place to work, consisting of transparent leadership and an incredible company culture. Our employees truly stand behind the company mission. Each day brings a new and exciting challenge. The senior leadership team cares for their employees, always putting us first.
Pros
Company Phone
Cons
Long Hours
29 March 2021
Thank you for leaving this review! We highly value your feedback. Stay safe!
4th year with this company have never amaze me. It was a great experience to work here to learn so much opportunity and improvement trade skills with lots of Manager support. It been up and down but overall very worth it.
Pros
Good pay, Benefits package, lot of feedback from manager.
Cons
Long hour, stressful
24 March 2021
Thanks for providing these comments - much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear the positive experiences in the Plumbing role. If you are having any concerns currently, please reach out to your Manager. Take care.
I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort for almost 2 years. I learned a lot in this company. It's a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities from HVAC Equipment, Water Treatment Systems as well as Smart Home Products.Reliance is a really customer focused company unlike some other companies in this business. We always want to make sure we are there for the home owners if there is any issues or inconvenience.We truly are not comfortable until are customers are!I love working at this company, meeting new people, learning about new products and growing in here. There are several management opportunities available which I am looking forward to taking a lead once the time is right and manage a strong team.
Pros
Good compensation, room to grow, lots of learning, fast paced
Cons
sometime long commute, traffic
24 March 2021
Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in Richmond Hill and are having a positive learning & development experience.
Its an amazing place to learn and find your way as a young technician. Senior techs seem to be doing pretty well. Its a big company which puts some people off but with in the company there's a lot of people working to help customers and help each other with jobs and problems. Good support group with everyone constantly learning off of each other.
14 March 2021
Terrible company to work for especially sales. You are treated as a second class citizen. Managers control your leads, so if they don't like you they starve you and won't give you leads. Big on favoritism.
Pros
No pros
14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are concerned that you are currently having a negative experience with us and encourage you to reach out to HR or your Manager with any concerns. We strive to take care of our Team Members.
Was Hired on as a water-heater installer,This job was great for work experience as well as sales experienceThey pay decent commission for sales and give you training on how to do so, however, there is an expectation that you perform sales on a monthly basis. Reliance prioritizes their sales force, and if you are good at sales, the company is good with you, if your not so good with sales.. not so much.If you earn good sales numbers, there is an excellent chance for career development within the company. As a repair technician you earn an incredible amount of experience in a short time, Reliance will also give you training classes on the equipment you will be working on and the teamwork within the company means your always a call away from help
Pros
Earn a lot of experience in a short time, Great pay, Great benefits included
Cons
Not many, just keep up with performance
14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Reliance. We appreciate the feedback and will review our processes to ensure we are constantly growing and improving.
Service and quality of work comes second to sales and numbers. Will be told to trick and lie to customers and use previously used equipment in people's houses. You are a employee # and nothing else.
Pros
Tools
Cons
Culture and questionable work practice
24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. This is taken very seriously and being reviewed internally. We appreciate the feedback.
100% commission, daily end of day reports, 2-3 sales meetings per week, 6-7 day work week, 12-14 days, report to sales manager during and after every appointment, weekly and monthly 1 on 1 performance reviews, no work life balance, you will be micromanaged every minute of every day. Without a doubt the worst employer I have ever had. Everyone on the sales team hates the company and the way it's managed. Do yourself a favour and find a job somewhere else.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Other than pay everything about this company is terrible
14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We regret that it was not a good fit and appreciate your feedback.
Your paid per job so they expect you to hack in installs as quick as possible wile moving threw service calls and upsell every customer on equipment they dont really need instead of focusing on the customers problem they called in for. Prioritize sales leads instead of doing quality work and putting the customers first.
Pros
Free lunches
24 March 2021
Thank you for providing a review. We regret that this was your experience and appreciate the comments. We wish you the best in your future employment.